PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sauerbrun still trying to wiggle free

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really has the makings of the Pats matching Sauerbrun just to trade him - possibly to the Broncos.

I heard that Denver included a no-trade clause in that contract. If that's true, doesn't that mean we have to either keep him or cut him?

No way....I would not make anything easy for Broncos.

Let Shanny "pony up" a number 7 if he wants him that bad.

Maybe cut his ass on about the last cut down....if he becomes spare parts for us.

The more Denver wants him ,the more I want him fighting for a job here.

Agree totally....shanny better offer up some kind of compensation,....

I heard that Denver included a no-trade clause in that contract. If that's true, doesn't that mean we have to either keep him or cut him?

Who cares. We now have 2 punters competing for the job. The cost of having that luxury is peanuts.

Generally no-trade clauses can be waived by the player.

Generally no-trade clauses can be waived by the player.

I guess that makes sense. Now let's just hope it's next year's pick we trade for. I wouldn't mind having both guys in camp though and fighting it out. I feel as if the Pats like Miller more but want to make sure he is still the same Miller he was before the injury. If he is, good-bye Steroids. I prefer Miller myself too.

This is BS. I've seen the first right of refusal offer sheet, and he knew what he was signing, unless he's got a head full of bricks....:bricks:

Anyways, the first right of refusal is an additional form, that clearly states what he's signing. The guy's just being an jerk because he want's to play for Denver. If they want him so bad and he wants out so bad Shanny can pony up a 6th or seventh for him, or no dice.

Here's the actual first right of refusal offer sheet:

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
This is BS. I've seen the first right of refusal offer sheet, and he knew what he was signing, unless he's got a head full of bricks....:bricks:

Anyways, the first right of refusal is an additional form, that clearly states what he's signing. The guy's just being an jerk because he want's to play for Denver. If they want him so bad and he wants out so bad Shanny can pony up a 6th or seventh for him, or no dice.

Here's the actual first right of refusal offer sheet:

I don't think you know what you are talking about. That offer sheet is for restricted free agents. Sauerbrun is an unrestricted free agent who purportedly agreed to a right of first refusal in his Patriot's contract.

It is possible that he agreed to use that form, but it is very unlikely since it limits what incentives the signing team may elect to offer. Note that Sauerbrun's Denver contract is loaded with incentives which may or may not exceed the limits of RFA offer sheets. (If they do not exceed these limits, then they are not at all likely to be earned if he plays for the Pats.)

Presumptive CBA Issue

The CBA says:

(c) Any individual Right of First Refusal that is negotiated and contracted for pursuant to Subsection (a) or (b) above shall be void and unenforceable unless it is specified in a separate document signed by such player in the form annexed hereto as Appendix F, acknowledging such player’s waiver of the express right that Unrestricted Free Agents have under this Agreement to be free of any Right of First Refusal restriction on their freedom of movement.

It is impossible to imagine that Pioli failed to get a "Waiver of Free Agent Rights" (i.e. Appendix F) from Sauerbrun.

I think that the union is likely to claim that the negotiated right of first refusal was not specified with sufficient detail in Sauerbrun's waiver.

Its too bad we never get to see these contracts or the waivers.

Re: Presumptive CBA Issue

Jack Mula vs NFLPA

Yea, I'll take Mula, thanks. Sauerbrun is a turd. Let's work something out with Denver and get a pick or something.

Jack Mula vs NFLPA

Yea, I'll take Mula, thanks. Sauerbrun is a turd. Let's work something out with Denver and get a pick or something.
why would Denver give us anything before hearing the ruling?

why would Denver give us anything before hearing the ruling?

I meant after. I don't think the Patriots are going to lose.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. That offer sheet is for restricted free agents. Sauerbrun is an unrestricted free agent who purportedly agreed to a right of first refusal in his Patriot's contract.

It is possible that he agreed to use that form, but it is very unlikely since it limits what incentives the signing team may elect to offer. Note that Sauerbrun's Denver contract is loaded with incentives which may or may not exceed the limits of RFA offer sheets. (If they do not exceed these limits, then they are not at all likely to be earned if he plays for the Pats.)

Sorry, I know what I'm talking about, but for some reason I posted the wrong one. They are right next to each other in the CBA and I was tired. Again sorry. Here's the actual version (serious this time) and again you'll see that he knew what he was signing, which was my point:

Attachments

• First_Right_Of_Refusal.jpg
    First_Right_Of_Refusal.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 148
This earns him the nick name of Todd Sour Buns.

Just for the record, the "purported" source is actually NFL.com, so I doubt they're mistaken.

"Our drunk idiot kicker" wants to go back to the Rockies to drink some Coors light. Give us our 7th rounder Shannafool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye