Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saudis see no reason to raise oil production now

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, May 16, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Now why are we protecting this country again? I thought their were suppose to be our ahh friends. :confused: :mad: I guess they see W no longer carries any weight.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080516/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mideast

Saudi Arabian leaders made clear Friday they see no reason to increase oil production until their customers demand it, apparently rebuffing President Bush amid soaring U.S. gasoline prices.

During Bush's second personal appeal this year to King Abdullah, Saudi officials stuck to their position that they are already meeting demand, the president's national security adviser told reporters.

"What they're saying to us is ... Saudi Arabia does not have customers that are making requests for oil that they are not able to satisfy," Stephen Hadley said on a day when oil prices topped $127 a barrel, a record high.

The Saudi government indicated that it is willing to put on the market whatever oil is necessary to meet the demand of its customers......continued

What bull shyt, "when customers demand it"
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If I were them, I would do the same thing. It's the only card they can play. When the oil's gone, they will have nothing...except for SOLAR POWER!

Check this out!

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gl_0n4EzcxM6fDE5-TGHz4dgU0NA
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wanna laugh......or cry?

you need to check out what the Saudis are doing with the profits they are getting from the sale of crude.

I wonder how much of America they will own by the end of this year? Maybe as much as teh Chinese?
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Nuke them then take their oil away from them but for God sake don't wake those Polar Bears up in Anwar.

Again:
    what is the obsession those democrat bastards have with that frozen wasteland up in Alaska, I will ask again, is there some unknown secret Democrat God buried up there, is Anwar a sacred burial ground blessed by the spirit of Eleanor Roosvelt, did Robert Kennedy once urinate there and now it has been proclaimed a "Democrat Shrine"
    Lord Watch Over Us
  5. The_Bloke

The_Bloke Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As long as the United States has a military presence on Muslim soil, Saudi Arabia and the entire OPEC world, and the entire Muslim world, will continue to stick it to us with the only weapon they have, Oil.

Osama Bin Laden was incensed that we had a military presence in Saudi Arabia and that,m coupled with Bush's refusal to get involved with the Israeli/Palestinian problem were the two main reasons he attacked us on 9/11.

Now Bush has continued his presence on Muslim Soil and has stated that there will be a long term presence of our military, as John McCain admitted to in his "2013" speech yesterday.

They just won't learn. Greed, and Power, means more to them that the security of the American people.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Only 20 posts.....and The Bloke GETS IT!!!!!

BINGO!......he's got BINGO!
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Hey , harry !

Why are you giving nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia ?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080516/pl_nm/bush_mideast_dc

and
    http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2008/05/16/are-we-giving-saudi-arabia-nukes/

What's up with that harry ?
  8. The_Bloke

The_Bloke Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Mate. Doesn't really take much intelligence.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They say they're conserving oil for future generations--they've tacitly admitted the sun is setting on their fields.
    Osama didn't like the US military presence, but he was equally angry at the Saudi royal family. One of the reasons he's not in Saudi...btw.

And they certainly liked our military presence when Saddam was coming over the hill, didn't they?
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

When was Saddam coming to KofSA?

I think it's hilarious that they're already planning for their future with solar while we drive toward the cliff with no brakes. I hope the next president will have a more distant view of the future and call for the new Manhattan Project before we really, really need it.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

The Saudi's aren't what I would call friends. THe real crime is that we have more reserves than anyone else and won't use them due to the dems in congress.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That was the fear back in Gulf One, that he had Kuwait and was massing for Saudi...one of the reasons for the urgency in getting him out of Kuwait at the time.

And yes, it's comical. It's really comical when you consider th at here you are, blaming the president (in effect, because you said "the next") when he can't get a damn thing done by himself. Who gave us the ridiculous corn based ethanol crap? Congress. Who is it that specifically mentioned switchgrass, which has the potential to produce more like an 8-1 ratio as opposed to corn which has a negative energy ratio...but has massive farms with big lobbyists (ADM etc...and an early primary state).
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

They'll ignore that one, those democrats have been blocking refineries and drilling for years because they love having us depend on Muslim Oil so they can sit back and squawk about us depending on Muslim Oil.

Right now it looks like the democrats and their New Found Messiah Prince Obama will be running the show for at least the next four years it will be fun to see how they handle all this "Muslim Sh!t" and OIL.

STAY OUT OF DAFUR NO MORE WARS.

President Obama----:singing::singing:
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

You are correct Harry, they have bloked oil drilling, refineries and nukes then whine about the cost of energy hurting the 'little guy'. I guess when Obamessiah is elected we can run the economy and heat our homes with liberal magic pizie dust.

BTW when Pelosi and Reid were campaigning for a dem congress thwy were talking about their plans to reduce the price of oil, which was ~$56 / barrell in 2006. Hove you seen their brilliant plan yet???
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

This is my favorite part of the article:

When Bush first ran for president in 2000, he criticized the Clinton administration for high fuel prices and said the president must "jawbone" oil producing nations and persuade them to drop rates. At that time, oil was nearing $28 a barrel — less than a quarter what it is now.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This post started out so nicely. You actually had your finger on the pulse of something... And then...

You went and added yet another complete RW talking point falsehood. Saddam never was poised to strike Saudi Arabia... Never.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

They won't increase production because they can't... It's very simple, really... Has nothing to do with our goofy dumbass president, nor the evil incarnate pulling his strings from the OVP.

Ghawar is running dry. You can't just demand a few million more barrels per day when your water pushing the field to begin with. When you start water pushing, that's the sign that a field is dying.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thanks, I guess.

And I don't think I said he was "poised to strike" did I? What I thought I said was that it was feared he would. And that didn't sit well with SA or with the rest of the world, which made them value our presence. Just as the Kuwaitis liked us...then. At that moment. Maybe for a day or two.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

It would be an understatment to say:If the Saudies are pumping water into their well's thats not very good news for the world as we know it.