Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saudis Offered Scholarships for Aviation Courses in US

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

http://arabnews.com/?page=1&ion=0&article=84066&d=20&m=6&y=2006&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

JEDDAH, 20 June 2006 — The Ministry of Higher Education and the General Authority of Civil Aviation are offering scholarships to Saudi men and women to study various majors related to civil aviation in the United States.

The forms are available online at the ministry’s website until July 12 for both bachelor’s and post-graduate studies. Nominations will be announced on July 31. Interviews will take place in August and final scholarship winners will be announced on Sept. 2.

The scholarships are available in majors such as communications, electrical and computer engineering, computer science, systems analysis, air traffic control, flight safety, and other majors related to the airline transport industry.

Applicants for the bachelor’s program must have a minimum score of 85 percent in the science section and 90 percent in other sections, such as Qur’an memorizing, administrative and commercial sciences. Prospective medical students must also have scored more than 70 percent in the abilities determination exams to become eligible. For other specialties the requirement is 65 percent. Students must have graduated within the past three years to qualify.
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +97 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Let me know how flight school is.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There's only one response to this:

WHAT THE F--K ?!

Oh, and Patters, so you don't get sued, keep copywrited quotes to 2 paragraphs.;)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +255 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Once again, Liberals put forth something that has been happening for years as "new" news! The Saudi government has been giving out scholarships for their students to study in the United States for maybe thirty years! As we speak their are Saudi natioinals studying in West Ponit, Annapolis and the Air Force Academy and alomst every other college in the US, again all programs that have been going on for at least twenty years (the Suadis use their oil revenues to pay for the scholarships). Why do you think that we have a good relationship with the Saudis as opposed to the rest of the middle east? That is because most of the elites in Saudi society have been educated in America (it worked well for us with Margaret Thatcher, and conversely for the socailists with Bill Clinton). As for the flight schools, Saudi Arabian Airlines is owned and operated by the Saudi government, and here's a news falsh for everyone, in order to run an airline, you actually have to employ people who have been trained to fly, service, and repair airplanes! And guess what else? There are no flight schools in Saudi Arabia! Would you rather have them going to the Teran School of Aeronautics?

Once again the liberal hypocrisy is exposed, you claim that Bush rushed to war in lieu of dipolmacy, and then cry that we have a cultural exchange with a muslim country.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Has it occurred to you that the terrorosts - real terrorists - that flew the planes int WTC, Pentagon, and the field in PA were SAUDIS who took flight school in the US?

What's it gonna take for it to get through your head that the Saudis are actually our enemies? I find it unbelievable that these pigs are allowed to study at our military academies. Are you telling me there aren't any Americans who would be qualified to take their place? I can't believe it! I don't question your statement, just the appearance that you seem OK with it.

The same people that ***** about Mexicans coming to take our jobs and services don't object to people (I should say men because no woman from KofSA would be able to come as they are treated like cattle there) from a fascist dictatorship disguised as a kingdom that breeds and funds terrorists and their operations around the world.

I can't friggin believe it!