Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saudi Women Electronically Tracked

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Nov 23, 2012.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8

"Women. Can't live with 'em, can't hook 'em up to fiber optics and control 'em with a joystick." (technology's not there yet.)

It's going to be the people of the region themselves who one day just say "screw you" to the religious nuts... but it'll be a long time coming.

PFnV
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Like I keep saying our foreign policy is supposed to be all about human rights ... and we do business with them because they are improving and not with them because they are not. Then there's the good old Saudi Arabia ... women are slaves ... boys get raped by men ... kids get raped by adults ... as perverted a country as there is on the planet ... we love doing business with them. :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Not to pick on the guy ... but ...
    this is another area where I thought Obama could effect some change ... just a bit ... NOPE.
    So now I'm not straying from our President is a straw man ... just fill in the name every 4 years.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8

As regards ME policy, Icy?

You have to consider the broad outlines already drawn when someone comes to power. However, those outlines are broad enough that they can range from "multiple invasions of countries that do not threaten us" (Bush) to "pick your battles, limit your missions, and where possible succeed" (Obama)...

The last U.S. president to try and push international human rights was Carter. You can see how far that got him.

But I hear you -- Obama did initially get the respect of many in the Arab world. But I think it was because they thought he would be more balanced as regards Israel and the Arab world... not because they thought he could explain to them how to treat women.

PFnV
  6. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The other extremely woman hating country is Afghanistan, where effeminate little boys dancing is preferable to real women in some regions because women are disgusting and dirty and only to be used for the chore of childbearing
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

How much would guys in this country pay for that while they are out at the strip clubs with their friends.:singing:
  8. kateean2

kateean2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The last U.S. president to try and push international human rights was Carter.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Any effort a real change in this area is treated by skepticism and disdain, by the powers to be.. Saudi is an economic powerhouse that we bow to, because of our dependence on fossil fuel... we turn a blind eye.

Then when efforts are discussed or made to wean us from this dependence, such as high mileage cars and the such it is greeted by more skepticism...

Had the opportunity to break bread with a Brit on T-Day... and he was speaking about the difference between England and the US and the dependence on Oil. He drives an older VW Vanagan, and claims that the vehicle that gets 20MPG in the US would get 40 MPG in Britain. "Manual gear boxes" are the order of the day as is diesel fuel...

Can you imagine the brouhaha and conspiracy theories if all of sudden all engines were diesel and we had "manual gear boxes"??... oh the horrors.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +305 / 1 / -9

The Muslim Religion Calls America "THE GREAT SATAN"

A lot of blood would be shed should any country or any person try to Change The Muslim Religion, they don't turn the the other cheek, they KILL.
  11. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Let me rephrase this:

Certain individuals who have taken Islamic identity (not ideology) hostage calls America "the great satan"

Clearly we are not talking about the Muslim religion here. Hope this helps clear matters up.

Good day :)

Edit: for the record, Saudi does not represent Islam.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +305 / 1 / -9

The Catholic Religion is held responsible for "little boy molesters" even by many right on this forum.

I was a Baptist when I was a young boy, I haven't gone to church for 70 years (weddings only) I saw through their "$$$$$$$ bullshlt at a very early age, the only thing I liked about church was the music.

The left wing liberals of america and of Pats Fans Political Forum seem to be very critical of "christians" and religion in general, I would hope that they also feel the same way about "The Muslim Religion" after all, The Muslim Religion is a Religion they believe in a "God" just as Christians do, I realize that American Liberals have fallen deeply in love with Muslims (new fad) and it must be hard for them to face the fact that Muslims are Just as Nutty as the Catholics and The Lutherans.

God Bless You
  13. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I feel bad for your experience Harry. My parents are muslim and so am I. My grandaunt was a catholic nun and our family used to go to her convent every other Sunday to spend time with her. I have been fortunate to have grown up in a loving and supportive environment that promoted interfaith harmony.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +305 / 1 / -9

My point is "there is good and bad in every religion" not just "the whacky christians"

I think "ALL RELIGIONS" are dangerous when they become political and radical.

I believe in something, this all didn't just happen, but I don't believe in "radical religion" my beliefs are private.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

What everyone needs to accept is that ALL faith is private.....group faith serves little purpose because no one can believe as a group....we can only "believe" as individuals.
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

See "Westboro Baptist Church" or Eric Rudolph....
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

Can we get back to the thread topic?

Saudi Women Electronically Tracked
  18. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  20. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its just the start. First its the schools, then its at work, then its at home. Orwell was right.