PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saturday Training Camp Observations

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Derek Havens

The New England Patriots opened up training camp to the public for the second day on Saturday and fans pilled in to watch the team practice. ...

By: Derek Havens

The New England Patriots opened up training camp to the public for the second day on Saturday and fans pilled in to watch the team practice. ...

Well we have had two practices and in he summary of the day we have
had two comments as follow. Now I wasn't there but as much as I can tell from all the summaries, Mallet has gone 14 of 15, no picks, and several spectacular completions.

We still get backhanded reviews like: (paraphrasing) ..." Mallet is Mallett. He has a canon has made some spectacular completions, but can't seem to prevent overthrows and bad decision making... No one would trade for him..."

Just how is that single incompletion, on a spactacular breakup play by Jamie Collins, agree with your pithy, and seemingly non-applicable observations? How many overthrows and poor decisions did he make in that single incompletion? How many passes did he have batted down, or picked, in that single incompletion?

Please stop blowing conventional wisdom smoke, and spend it on the real backup to Brady and NOT about some third string QB who can't throw. Kafka is better than Tebow. We need to know if there is an adequate backup to the 36 year old GOAT, not worship a horde of Tebow fanatics.

This is all too reminiscent of Cassell's 2008 preseason, with fans seeking his head, and Mediots mouthing the usual innanities, while Belichick was testing Cassell for readiness. Later "terrible" Casselllead the team to 11 wins.

Well we have had two practices and in he summary of the day we have
had two comments as follow. Now I wasn't there but as much as I can tell from all the summaries, Mallet has gone 14 of 15, no picks, and several spectacular completions.

We still get backhanded reviews like: (paraphrasing) ..." Mallet is Mallett. He has a canon has made some spectacular completions, but can't seem to prevent overthrows and bad decision making... No one would trade for him..."

Just how is that single incompletion, on a spactacular breakup play by Jamie Collins, agree with your pithy, and seemingly non-applicable observations? How many overthrows and poor decisions did he make in that single incompletion? How many passes did he have batted down, or picked, in that single incompletion?

Please stop blowing conventional wisdom smoke, and spend it on the real backup to Brady and NOT about some third string QB who can't throw. Kafka is better than Tebow. We need to know if there is an adequate backup to the 36 year old GOAT, not worship a horde of Tebow fanatics.

This is all too reminiscent of Cassell's 2008 preseason, with fans seeking his head, and Mediots mouthing the usual innanities, while Belichick was testing Cassell for readiness. Later "terrible" Casselllead the team to 11 wins.

Derek's not a Mallet guy - hated the pick when they took him (I forget who he wanted instead) so he's always been a little bitter. Although talking to him last night I can assure you he dislikes Tebow far more ;)

Nice report.

The early "chemistry" with Brady stuff makes me nuts. Everybody loved Ochostinko in camp and he was the biggest disappointment at WR yet.

The Dennard reports are excellent. He has to be on the shortest leash of anybody in camp. He better bust his butt. He's going to miss a minimum of two days of camp in Lincoln in court.

Not a word about Dowling. It would be nice to get a read om how he looks.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back