Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sarah Silverman: 'The Entire Fox News Channel is a 24-Hour a Day Racism Engine'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,505 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Not to bring the evil Israeli army into this, but they've integrated women into their military in a way that makes at least a little sense. Combat roles are limited (though present), but women are almost always the class instructors and shooting instructors, and apparently retention rates have gone up among the soldiers.

Of course, it is important to note the numerous women who served in appalling conditions on the Eastern Front of WWII for the Soviets and partisans (of all stripes).

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah, that's right. There's been nothing influencing our society for the last 30 years but "crazy liberal policies"...got it.

Suppose you explain to the class what specific policies you're talking about that contribute to the crap we see coming out of our society today. And please be more specific and intelligent than "loony left communism".

3. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cutting of most schools sports programs to support automatic teacher raises and the "lets not keep score" crowd. Aggregation of learning programs rather than distinct honors, college prep and remedial levels.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"Let's not keep score crowd" is a policy? Cutting sports programs is done to pay teachers? The other stuff must be in another state than Mass. Haven't heard of that dynamic where I live.

I would put more of the blame on parents who don't let their kids leave their sight unsupervised by them or another adult at all times because of the "child abduction scare" myth., huge amounts of sugar and fat in the diet, 4.5 hours of TV, internet, video games per day, two parents working to pay high taxes, have McMansion, inground pool, four plasma screens, three cars and a summer home.

5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Sure I am. However, I have discussed what I believe to be racist to death. The use of the "N" word in a hateful manner is a prime example. However, I have no interest in discussing how I believe that people (such as yourself) who believe that blacks can't get work on their own esteem and need laws in place such as affirmative action are just as racist as the conservatives that you attempt to verbally lambast at every opportunity. No, I've made my point known on what I and my multicultural friends believe to be racism many a time on this forum.

I have more interest in pointing out that you come off as a scared, confused, and sheltered white guy who definitely does not sound like he has had any sort of meaningful relationship with anybody outside of his own race. That's why I find it hilarious when you try to lecture and bait people on race. Well, hilarious and sad at the same time. Nobody as obsessed with race as you are has any friends outside of their own skin color. The fact that your first response to me was as snappy as it was combined with the fact that you are still responding to me but are trying to make it known that you are just "shrugging me off" let's me know that I'm correct in my assumptions about you. If you really had as many friends of different ethnicity as you say you do, you would just address me once and then go about ignoring my posts altogether. But you haven't done that, have you? In a way, you're really just as bad as the idiots in the KKK who carry around Nazi-era flags and scream hateful messages through a megaphone.

Oh, and by the way, that last sentence or so is a direct personal attack (ad hominem) on another member of this forum. Say what you want about my posts but I have yet to level an insult of any form at you. Not very becoming of somebody who is supposed to be a shining example of the rules around this forum is it, Mr. Moderator?

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Honestly, I made a couple efforts to engage you in a serious discussion and challenged you to present something coherent, but all I get in response is your calling me a liar and now this bizarre rant. That said, I really don't mind talking to people like you because how else would I learn about people like you? And frankly, I am almost certain I have engaged every conservative in this forum, including some even ruder than you. I have said before why I participate in this forum. Why do you participate?

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What is it like to have so much self-loathing?

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're engaging in a logical fallacy. You're saying you'd rather have the perfect woman (from a military perspective) with you instead of the below-average man. OK, if you take the cream-of-the-female-crop, establish this hypothetical woman as being athletic, smart and a good shot and compare it to a hypothetical fat, dumb and lazy guy, then sure you have a point. But suppose you had to choose between a completely random 20-something male and a completley random 20-something female, which would you choose?

Keep in mind that in the military, as well as in certain other civilian positions where fitness is required, women are held to much lower standards of physical readiness.
    I don't know where you're getting the idea that it is only males who are fat and lazy. You're just as likely to see some female porker who spends all day texting as a guy.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  9. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I wouldn't know, but I imagine it's no worse than the experience that you must feel seeing that your beliefs are becoming archaic in your own time.

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd rather be right and in the minority than be filled with self loathing and perverse beliefs.

And considering the direction society and our social mores have taken over the past 50 years or so, I wouldn't be too proud of the fact that people with your point of view are taking over whereas people with my point of view are "becoming archaic."

Just look at the black illegitimacy rate, which has gone from about 20% to about 70% in that period of time. Yeah, 70% illegetimacy is something we should be striving for! I'm sure you're very proud of that accomplishment!

The sad thing is that you're too clueless to realize the connection between perverse "accept every lifestyle choice equally" mantras and statistics like the one I just quoted.

12. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't find her funny at all really...

What's more interesting is that Comedy Central, and other stations, continually give these same odd comics the same chance over and over again to make a failed comedy show, it lasts for a season and a half, then fails, and in 3 years, they have a new one. David Cross is another one of these, I like him, but he makes a horrible show, his stand up is good, but the guy just can't make a successful show.

Louis CK, funny stand up, horrible show creator, has a new show out, even though he already has 2 failed shows under his belt...

13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

You've made a couple of efforts to engage me? How have you engaged me? I've been laughing at your denial and pointing out flaws in your beliefs the entire time. Make no mistake about it, I didn't come into this thread to engage in any sort of debate about racism. I've beaten that dead horse to death. The only thing I came into this thread to do was to tee off on you. When you asked me to present you with something of substance about what I believe racism truly is, I do and I get this response. But, for sh!ts and giggles, let's take a look at you "engaging me" a few posts after you actually admitted that, by your own definition, you were a racist :rofl:...

Snappy first response that told me I struck a cord with you. Not really anything of substance here worth debating.

Again, nothing of "substance" here worth debating either, Patters. In this post, you admit to us that you don't have a lot of friends of any skin color. On top of that, you manage to call BOTH of us peculiar considering what you said in your last post. Nicely done. The wink at the end only tells me that I read you like a book in the post before.

Nothing of substance here either. You simply said that you believe most conservatives are racists without actually giving any evidence to back it up. After that, you followed it up with more b!tching and whining and capped it off with some nice ad hominem. The only half assed point that you tried to make here was countered by me when I stated that belief in affirmative action (which should have been wiped out the moment Obama took the oath of office) pretty much states that you don't believe a black man can get a job on his own esteem. IMO, that's just as racist as the KKK walking down a city street and shouting hate-filled messages on a megaphone. Not suprisingly, you didn't touch that one.

The bottom line, one which you seem to keep missing, is that anybody as obsessed with race as you are has not had any friends of a different skin color. From my perspective, race is truly the last thing on my mind when I'm hanging out with my friends. From their perspective, by and large they want to be treated like everyone else. You know, like a normal human being? But yeah, go ahead and keep believing the same bullsh!t that the ACLU spoonfeeds you. From where I'm sitting, it's always great for a laugh.

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I understood that, so I engaged you on those terms, responding to you the same way you responded to me. I enjoy talking with conservatives about racism, even if they say nasty things to me, and I tried engaging all of them (PFIEL, Wolfpak, etc.) but you're the only one I successfully baited. At any rate, I'm done now with this thread. It's been fun!

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Tell me, did the Greek Empire fall because of homosexuality?

16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I'm not a conservative. But nice try though. I'll be sure to bring this thread back up everytime you try to lecture someone about racism. This is a thread where we can all look and laugh as Patters actually labels himself a racist and then goes into complete denial when it's ridiculously apparent that Patters himself has never had a friend outside of his own race. Congratulions, buddy. You made yourself look like far more of an idiot than I ever could.

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

What social mores, or " 'accept every lifestyle choice equally' mantras," have led to the problem of illegitimate children in the black community?

While most people would agree that what you've cited is indeed a problem, should we also strive to go back to other aspects of life for blacks in the US 50 years or so ago? Because I'm confident that even more people would agree that Jim Crow laws and segregation aren't a direction we should be striving for, either.

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not that I know of. Why do you ask? Do you know something we don't know? Perhaps a version of the "da Vinci Code" handed down from generation to generation in some sort of homosexual secret society?

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, thanks to your leftist friends, we aren't allowed to teach simple values anymore. Because anytime you try to teach a child some values, you are immediately crucified as trying "to impose your value system on someone else." We're not allowed to say X is wrong, X is immoral, people should be engaging in X (where "X" can be any number of a wide variety of activities).

Instead our children are forced to learn Heather has 2 mommies and how to put a condom around a banana. And, like most liberal policies, the more they fail, the more the liberals want to increase them.
    I would never advocate returning the civil rights gains of the 60's, but that isn't even remotely what I am talking about here.

Nice strawman, though!

20. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

Actually, East Asians routinely score highest on IQ tests......
    J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jensen (2005). "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability". Psychology, Public Policy, and Law 11 (2): 235–294. doi:10.1037/1076-8971.11.2.235. http://psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf.