Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sara Palin effects.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Dec 9, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Shocker polls: That Sarah Palin-Barack Obama gap melts to <em>1</em> point | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Obama is running for the cover while Palin is getting all the love and attention. You go , girl !:singing::singing::singing:
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Not that she isn't being filtered by the McCianiacs she is doing better this will drive the left nuts, Hey Harry Olbermann brain will explode in tv tomight.
  3. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +331 / 6 / -7

You know, it's a lot easier to have a positive approval rating when you're not running the country, especially when the country is in pretty bad shape.

Palin is what she is. Once she manages to have some more interviews and/or a press conference and shows that she can actually speak fluently on policy, I'd lend her an iota of credence.

Until then, she's just another anti-intellectual fantasist and pathological liar. If anything, this poll says more about the Republican base than Palin.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Barry the teleprompter has proven he can't handle foreign policy interviews won't help anymore.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

It is easier to be a "rock star", when you choose the venue, control the venue and are not confronted on the issues... she is personifying why capitalism is great, not sure she is personifying why she is presidential yet though.. many people take whatever she says as Gospel..

Did anyone read her op ed in the WaPo yesterday..

washingtonpost.com

Wonder who ghosted that for her????

Kind of like Limbaugh or Beck, he can say whatever he wants, but is never really confronted or held accountable..
  6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +331 / 6 / -7

Oh really? When, pray tell, he did prove that?
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +331 / 6 / -7

Exactly. This is a woman who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate. Her ignorance has been revealed repeatedly, but since that sort of thing apparently appeals to the GOP base, she's celebrated as a "rock star" among a certain segment of society.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The republican party needs a Savior and this is what they're gonna hang their hats on? An ignorant skank from an outpost colony who has a decent arse?

Is Palin going to run on a third party and lock up a second term for Obama? Is it possible the republicans will let that happen? I doubt it. I'll be watching for them to poison and destroy her before she can do any more damage, much like the dems did to Dean when he was running in front before "The Yell" and then were left with the empty-headed Kerry. The Republicrat Party will not let any upstarts rock their boat...ever!
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Repeat after me... Conservatives are not necessarily Republicans:confused::confused::confused: repeat often, and soon you will begin to believe it.

They love the ideology and the way it sounds, but do not like the word Republican..
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

When you want to drive a Left Wing Liberal insane sneak up behind them and say "Sarah Palin"............:rofl:
  11. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree with you 100%. As was proven by the Obama during his campaign for President. At least she has much more executive experience than he had 12 months ago.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

If the pubbies have any brains they will get behind Palin, and the tea party folks.

Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports

/quote]
    In a three-way Generic Ballot test, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Democrats attracting 36% of the vote. The Tea Party candidate picks up 23%, and Republicans finish third at 18%. Another 22% are undecided.
    Among voters not affiliated with either major party, the Tea Party comes out on top. Thirty-three percent (33%) prefer the Tea Party candidate, and 30% are undecided [/quote]
  13. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Way to early to make any kind of decision like this. Lets get past the 2010 midterm elections and see what happens.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

There has never been in the history of this country a bigger "ROCK STAR" in presidential politics than Barack Hussein Obama, not Kennedy not Clinton, nobody.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I get that. In fact, they never have been that connected. Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan were never related to freaks like Palin either. She's a new breed of wierdo more closely allied with End-Times types. Cowards who cannot deal directly with the difficult things in the world and default to prophesy and other mythologies like neo-conism and retro society. Concepts like "sanctity of marriage" and military worship are their core- especially for those who have never taken up arms in battle or in uniform. I get that.

What I don't get is why the Republicrats keep her hanging around. What purpose does she serve? My theory is that the liberal sector is actually promoting her and propping her up to keep the right splintered and confused. The hard-core neocons in the south and Montanaho will no longer accept any Repub platform that doesn't incorporate the fascist template of clowns like Palin, Beck and Limbaugh. Without that sector on board, the Repub machine can't run. The same goes for the Dems, who are managing to keep the core together by pointing to freaks like Palin & Co. to keep their base together by fear of these anti-American P'sOS.
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Could not agree more, she serves a very useful purpose... the personifies the weakness of the party.. i.e. appealing to fringe groups with a unrebutted argument based on half truth, hysteria and hyperbole... she is a walking, talking fact check contradiction...
  17. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

She scares you guys that much huh.

IDK, when reading your description I don't think Palin, I think Pelosi [​IMG]
  18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Scared of what? Why would Palin scare anyone? She'll never be elected POTUS. Now Pelosi really does scare me because she really does have some power.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What about my post makes you think I'm even a little afraid of her?

And what do you mean by "you guys"?
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

If you read the discussion, it is not about the right wing lie that people are afraid, only that she serves a useful purpose...

When Palin is able to attain the power of Pelosi, like it or not, come back to the discussion.. there is a huge difference between a quitter and a woman who has ascended to 3rd in line to the Prez...