PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sapp: Tom Brady is scared in the pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB's slow as molasses, can't throw on the run that well but scared? Mental toughness is one of his best attributes so I doubt it. Sounds like people are reading to much into to little IMO...:cool:

Can't believe that comment - it's just the opposite in fact, Brady is the King of the Pocket.

i love when scared gets you 3 SBs

Brady is as solid in the pocket as they come. Players all over the league think he's soft. When they talk about why that is, they mention the looks, the advertisements, the model wife, the diva. Hell, Welker calls him a diva (jokingly). You think the perception of him as a pretty boy doesn't work into this widespread dislike and questioning of his toughness? Yeah, right. It's the idea that he ducked that does it instead.

I think that the fact that he's ducking without pressure means that people have something they can legitimately point to. I think the fact that you're being such a homer that you're dismissing this, even as you concede that it's happened, does you no credit and has made you look really bad in this thread.

I did not see the show in question. I rarely watch that bunch. Sapp is the worst of them by far. I guess he serves some purpose....something like a rodeo clown. Take him seriously at your own risk.

If he used "scared" that was a poor choice of words. I don't wonder if Brady feels less confident in his ability to avoid the rush with that monster brace on his knee. Maybe he is simply trying to keep himself from being an a truly awkward position when he has to take a hit.

Make no mistake about it though....he is as calculating as ever in the pocket.

Stuff happens.....players age....they go through phases and the things they do might vary now and again. Payton Manning does not throw the ball the same way he did and he might never sling it like he used to ever again. I would not bet against when the chips are down though and I would not bet against TB in that situation either.

Because it's even scarier out there?

Maybe but running out of the pocket at the 1st sign of a possible collapse is usually a sign of fear. It takes a lot of mental toughness to hang in there while the walls are caving in. All to often QB's panic, run and get hit anyway.

I think that the fact that he's ducking without pressure means that people have something they can legitimately point to. I think the fact that you're being such a homer that you're dismissing this, even as you concede that it's happened, does you no credit and has made you look really bad in this thread.

What makes you such a bad poster is that you think you know what's going on, but you dn't.

He frequently ducks, and most often he avoids the rusher and makes a play. Against Seattle a week later he ducked without being able to see the rusher behind him, it afforded him the opportunity to make a long completion. This is what USUALLY happens, MOST of the time, when he does it. Occasionally, he ducks too soon. If he didn't do this ducking thing, he'd have fewer completions. For what? Who the hell cares what the detractors think? He'll keep winning and let the haters hate.

well, as usual, all you guys got it wrong..so I, Joe Kerr the Discoverer, did some digging around and finally found out the truth...it was a misquote...what Sapp REALLY said was...

Tom Brady is scared I'm gonna get in his pockets cause he KNOWS how brokea$$ed and desperate I is....

so there it is...straight from the horse's azz............

Tom Brady is cautious in the pocket not scared. He doesn't expose the ball to defenders which is why I believe he has only 1 fumble this season. He takes care of the ball better than any other QB in football in the pocket.

Last edited:
I don't think any of the top tier QB's are playing scared, if anything it's fearless heroics that get most of them in trouble.

All this talking about ducks has made me realize one thing...

.... IT'S WABBIT Season. Leave the ducks alone,

Sapp hasn't seen this guy....

Sanchez-flinch.gif

What makes you such a bad poster is that you think you know what's going on, but you dn't.

He frequently ducks, and most often he avoids the rusher and makes a play. Against Seattle a week later he ducked without being able to see the rusher behind him, it afforded him the opportunity to make a long completion. This is what USUALLY happens, MOST of the time, when he does it. Occasionally, he ducks too soon. If he didn't do this ducking thing, he'd have fewer completions. For what? Who the hell cares what the detractors think? He'll keep winning and let the haters hate.

I'm comfortable with my posting, but thanks for yet another inaccurate personal attack on your part. However, you admit that he ducks, you admit that he's done it without people being there. You've admitted, basically, that you're full of it with your attack on Sapp. You've now fallen to "who cares what the detractors think...." when you clearly do, and when the whole point of my posts was just that it wasn't all about Brady being a pretty boy, and I made it clear that I wasn't buying the notion that Brady was scared.

Last edited:
I'm comfortable with my posting, but thanks for yet another inaccurate personal attack on your part. However, you admit that he ducks, you admit that he's done it without people being there. You've admitted, basically, that you're full of it with your attack on Sapp. You've now fallen to "who cares what the detractors think...." when you clearly do, and when the whole point of my posts was just that it wasn't all about Brady being a pretty boy, and I made it clear that I wasn't buying the notion that Brady was scared.

You still don't get it. This is why I said you're not certain what you're watching.

He ducks. He ducks without people being there. It's a good thing. If he ducks when people aren't there often, it's a bad thing. But since he ducks a lot, almost always when someone is coming at him, it's a good thing. And this is precisely why Sapp's point-of-view is totally idiotic. Here we are, with the coolest cucumber in football in the pocket being knocked as being scared. Even Colts fans have weighed in here in this thread and said he's the best at this aspect of the game. And Sapp says the exact reverse of what even opposing fans will admit.

And why does Sapp hold that point-of-view? Because he thinks Brady is soft. The defensive guys have said this repeatedly about him. Calling him a diva, etc.

Brady scared in the pocket???.....oh I get it...the real tough guys give mean looks at the judge in the docket...

Warren-Sapp-2010-Miami-Beach-Arrest.png

For those who find it so hard to believe how so many multi millionaires go broke, just listen to Warren Sapp talk.

You still don't get it. This is why I said you're not certain what you're watching.

He ducks. He ducks without people being there. It's a good thing. If he ducks when people aren't there often, it's a bad thing. But since he ducks a lot, almost always when someone is coming at him, it's a good thing. And this is precisely why Sapp's point-of-view is totally idiotic. Here we are, with the coolest cucumber in football in the pocket being knocked as being scared. Even Colts fans have weighed in here in this thread and said he's the best at this aspect of the game. And Sapp says the exact reverse of what even opposing fans will admit.

And why does Sapp hold that point-of-view? Because he thinks Brady is soft. The defensive guys have said this repeatedly about him. Calling him a diva, etc.

I get it fine. You made a poor claim and you don't want to admit that, so you're ignoring the first rule of holes. I'll leave this off at this point, because it's obvious enough and you're just repeatedly doubling down.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
I get it fine. You made a foolish claim and just can't admit that, so you're ignoring the first rule of holes. I'll leave this off at this point, because it's obvious enough and you're just repeatedly doubling down.

Have a good one.

What's laughable is that you say people make idiotic claims and then you say someone is personally attacking you when they ridicule your claims. You have the thinnest skin.

I hope Brady keeps ducking, because it's a good thing. It is absolutely not a result of his being scared in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back