PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Santonio Opines on the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me like "captain" Santonio is becoming more and more like Don Lope de Aguirre. The ship he's supposed to commanding is full of pestilence and disillusionment, but overexposure to the New Jersey/New York climate has driven him so insane that he believes he can conquer his division despite having nearly no advantages left at this point :p Seriously I can just picture Santonio giving a butchered version of Kinski's speech at the end of that film. All you need to do is replace the monkey with one of his teammates :)

The more he talks the stupider he sounds. I'm surprised the jets even allow him to convey anything to the media. If these were medieval times I'm sure he'd have already had his tongue removed for idiocy.

I

The pats defense sucked last year, however they were opportunistic when they turned the ball over. That was the only thing that kept the opponents scoring down.
You make it sound like creating TO's isn't part of what makes up a good defense. Its a HUGE part, and they just aren't all luck. Even in the superbowl game, the Pats D created FOUR TO opportunities. One was negated by a stupid penalty, and the other 3, which are 50-50 propositions, defied the odds and all wind up in the Giants hands. The Pats convert on any ONE of those opportunities and the Superbowl would reside here this off season.

Now no one is saying that the Pats defense can't be better....it would be very hard not to be, especially in total yards, but you blanket disgust wasn't warranted.

Another clear example why the Steelers traded him away for a bag of balls.

The contract he signed may be the most insane deal I've ever seen. You're talking about a guy who has never been anywhere near elite. He's had a couple of good seasons where he was a borderline pro bowl receiver. When you take into account his attitude it's really mind-boggling that they coughed up that much money, especially with so much guaranteed.

One season where he exceeded 1000 yards in this day in age.

Haha, I remember that. I think even the game announcers said something about that at the time. I was dumbfounded when I saw it. I think I chuckled at his stupidity.

On that I'll assume he was trying to rally the troops and fire up a historic comeback.

I have plenty of other things to prove he's an idiot.

Several things:

- Moose Johnston shows how brain dead the media is. He said repeatedly the Pats had the worst defense in football multiple times. Really? The Bucs gave up 9.5 more points per game than the Pats did. Yet, they have a better defense than the Pats? That is the stupidity of the media. They judge defenses on one stat.
- Santonio talks about how bad the Pats defense is, but in two games he had he had 10 catches for 153 yards and 1 TD. If the Pats' defense was that bad, shouldn't he have had those stats in one game, not two? Also, the Jets scored 21 points in the first game (and one TD was on a 20 yard TD drive) and 16 points. Rob Ninkovich has as many TD passes from Sanchez in those two games as Holmes did.

I look at Defesne a little more fundmentally then Moose and the gasbags.

a) How many turnovers did you accumaulate over two seasons?
b) How many sacks did you accumulate over two seasons?
c) How many points per game did you surrender over two seasons?

I always use two seasons because a single injury can create a gapping hole for one season, and distort the stats.

A) The Pats Defense was ST and 2rd in turnovers the past two seasons with 30 and 28, [indicates youth and team speed].
B) The Pats had 32 and 40 sacks the the past two seasons. [indicates more than competitive pass rush]
C) The Pats Defense averaged 19 and 20.4 ppg the past two seasons for 8th and 15th in Points Yielded.

There was more than an inordinate number of injuries to the secondary and the Safety position in particular. The Pats lost their first four Safeties last year, and two of their three best CBs. That has to affect the Defense, adversely.

Only Leigh Bodden suffered a career ending injury. Other injured secondary players are back, and two new rookies have been added.

This year's Defense will move way up in the standings.

This is your brain...

images

This is your brain on drugs.

images

It's funny how Holmes isn't even a #2 wr on this team

Steelers are very lucky they got the jets to take this guy..then have that "genius" tanny throw him #1 wr money..when he has never been a #1..

Your second point is exactly why I posted this and (honestly) am surprised that more people didn't comment (not just because it's my thread:)). He was so smug for a guy who didn't do much in either game last year after being swept by the team they probably hate and look forward to beating the most. I was just in shock of his attitude when I watched it and immediately had to post it here.

Santonio does the river dance when he hauls in a 5 yd catch. While down 28, what else would expect from his piehole?

Santonio does the river dance when he hauls in a 5 yd catch. While down 28, what else would expect from his piehole?

I love when they are down 20...and he then goes and celebrates his 3 yard catch for a 1st down with the stupid hand gesture

Last edited:
Not sure which dirtbag I hate worse, Santonio or Cromartie, man it's a tossup.

Not sure which dirtbag I hate worse, Santonio or Cromartie, man it's a tossup.
Sanmartie

San*mar*tie

noun
1.Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person incapable of keeping his phallus in his pants.
2.Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of mental ******ation combined with a disregard for contraception.

It's funny how Holmes isn't even a #2 wr on this team

Steelers are very lucky they got the jets to take this guy..then have that "genius" tanny throw him #1 wr money..when he has never been a #1..

Holmes has the talent to be a stud, but from the neck up he is Terry Glenn, at beat.
Would YOU want that for 50 mill?

There's nothing funnier on NFL Network than when Jamie Dukes has to talk about the Patriots.

This clip reminds me of when he had to comment on AFCC game highlights last year: TFB gets the job done himself, on 4th and 1, to score the game winning points, and all Dukes can do is boast about the hit Ray Lewis puts on him (after he scores, and is completely defenseless, hurtling over his lineman--the highlight of Ray-Ray's career, no doubt).

A question: Is it the Patriots' style of success--the organizational efficiency, brilliant coaching, and true 'team' mentality--that engenders such enmity from former players? It seems like by taking the onus off individual stars, the Pats have earned a lot of enemies from current/former 'individual stars' whose epic egos are slighted when they see guys like Tedy Bruschi and Troy Brown with the kind of jewelry they can only dream of (Hello Warren! Hello LaDainian!)

Just a thought, and to be clear; by 'former stars,' in no way shape or form am I referring to Jamie Dukes:)

Holmes has the talent to be a stud, but from the neck up he is Terry Glenn, at beat.
Would YOU want that for 50 mill?

Agreed. I used to tell the kids I coached all the time that all the athleticism and talent in the world don't necessarily make you a great player if the mentality and acumen isn't there. That's a difficult sell to a bunch of 8 and 9-year-olds, though.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back