PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Santonio Holmes Vs. Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Koz

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
i seem to remember a lot of people on here questioning who was better after the draft and many people claiming we had made the right pick (i know holmes wasn't on the board when we traded up for jackson). I seemed to agree and had just been waiting for the evidence. despite all of the highlight videos evidence, here's some more: Santonio Holmes arrested for disorderly conduct (a few days late i had been waiting for someone else to post it). http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5644772

Last edited by a moderator:
Only time will tell. The thought from the Steelers is that Jackson doesn't suit their style of offense. I honestly didn't see Jackson play more than the highlights and hell, my highlights clipped together look pretty darn good and I was terrible.
Disorderly conduct charge doesn't have any relevance on the player's ability and, yes call me a homer, but I don't see it as a sign of character either. Word is South Beach police made a lot of these arrests that weekend after letting people wander the streets for years. They claimed it was an effort to crack down on the wandering they have allowed to go on for years. It's no big surprise they picked the weekend of the Hip Hop Festival to tighten up their enforcement. Wow! what a shock.
Gilbert Arenas was also areested for the same thing.

The holmes incident was minor if nothing at all. A couple of plain clothes cops told him to get out of the street and he refused, so they arrested him. No drugs alcohol or anything of that nature was involved.

Last edited:
At least he was supposedly apologetic about the incident after finding out the guys yelling at him to get off the street were undercover cops.

Gilbert Arenas, who also got busted in Miami Beach on the weekend, made sure the police knew they were arresting an NBA star.

mgcolby said:
The holmes incident was minor if nothing at all. A couple of plain clothes cops told him to get out of the street and he refused, so they arrested him. No drugs alcohol or anything of that nature was involved.

I teased the Steelers troll who crowed about Holmes being all about high charcter when this came out a few days ago, but from the looks of it, it was a relatively minor event.

The way I sum it up - Holmes and the other pro-Athletes were acting like jerks, and the cops were acting like jerks as well. When various jerks butt heads, the ones with the badges usually have the upper hand.

how does Holmes not fit in their offense? Hes a deep threat and very fast..like Randel El but likely better future.

JoeSixPat said:
I teased the Steelers troll who crowed about Holmes being all about high charcter when this came out a few days ago, but from the looks of it, it was a relatively minor event.

The way I sum it up - Holmes and the other pro-Athletes were acting like jerks, and the cops were acting like jerks as well. When various jerks butt heads, the ones with the badges usually have the upper hand.

tsk...tsk...tsk..... sounds like a lil' ol' anger coming from joesixpack. Why such animosity and anger towards the "jerks" with badges? Didn't see this particular article, please post a link.

after hearing that Gilber Arena (basketball player) told a cop, "you cant arrest me i'm a basketball player", you wont mind if i give the benefit of the doubt to the "jerks" with badges.

PSU said:
tsk...tsk...tsk..... sounds like a lil' ol' anger coming from joesixpack. Why such animosity and anger towards the "jerks" with badges? Didn't see this particular article, please post a link.

No particular anger on my part... but someone try to convince me that most cops don't have a certain amount of "attitude" when it comes to these types of crackdowns

They arrested 557 people that night... probably harrassed one or two others don't you think? - and you don't think they were going out of their way to take issue with the loitering in these South Beach street parties?

So sure - I don't expect the police were using their best manners in trying to send a message to a few thousand people that night. So there's shared blame IMO... because if you're Arenas and Holmes you should be smart enough not to argue with the boys in blue over such petty issues too.... that's a battle you just won't win

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...1,1,878725.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

Last edited:
Not to turn this into a political/social discussion but I find it simply mezmerizing that the South Beach police just happened to pick this weekend to crack down on what is normally acceptable behavior in the area, the weekend of the Hip Hop festival. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if seek to enforce loitering and jaywalking rules during other times of the year when the area is a free for all.
The police dept has said it wasw the first stepo in a policy of controlling crowds in that area. We shall see if this enforcement continues when the crowds are white. Care to put odds on it?
Not saying Holmes or Arenas didn;t warrant a warrant but so would a lot of people if every move is questioned.

JoeSixPat said:
No particular anger on my part... but someone try to convince me that most cops don't have a certain amount of "attitude" when it comes to these types of crackdowns

They arrested 557 people that night... probably harrassed one or two others don't you think? - and you don't think they were going out of their way to take issue with the loitering in these South Beach street parties?

So sure - I don't expect the police were using their best manners in trying to send a message to a few thousand people that night. So there's shared blame IMO... because if you're Arenas and Holmes you should be smart enough not to argue with the boys in blue over such petty issues too.... that's a battle you just won't win

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...1,1,878725.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

Where does the basis for this "crackdown" come from?.....might be the residents(i.e.-politicians) in that particular area that expressed a concern or two???

And this "shared blame" you're referencing....how the #@#$ can you attribute that as being the cops fault? And you've assumed that the police weren't using their "best manners" when trying to enforce this "petty issue" that evening. Maybe this "petty issue" wasn't so petty for thousands of "harassed" residents who've had to deal with this situation on a nightly basis.

Last edited:
PSU said:
Where does the basis for this "crackdown" come from?.....might be the residents(i.e.-politicians) in that particular area that expressed a concern or two???

And this "shared blame" you're referencing....how the #@#$ can you attribute that as being the cops fault? And you've assumed that the police weren't using their "best manners" when trying to enforce this "petty issue" that evening. Maybe this "petty issue" wasn't so petty for thousands of "harassed" residents who've had to deal with this situation on a nightly basis.

Look - just try to use a little common sense here.

I'm no cop hater - but a sweep of 557 people arrested on the streets of South Beach for seems a tad bit arbitrary to me, and I would think that most people wouldn't be naive enough to assume that the police themselves can't act "disorderly" in these crackdowns as well.

And like Closing Time said I'm sure it was just a coincidence that it took place during the Hip Hop festival as well... and maybe in the future the New Orlean's police will choose Mardi Gras to finally enforce a street loitering statute in the French Quarter and we can all assume its a coincidence again.

Just use a little common sense... these Memorial Day street parties had gotten pretty raucous in recent years... and police wanted to make an example of a few hundred Hip Hop fans.

So for a guy who originally had some fun and threw some smack back at a Steelers troll, now that the details of the evening are becoming clear it seems to me that Holmes was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time - him and a few thousand other Hip Hop fans.

Last edited:
Chad Jackson will be a better player because he's more black than Holmes. Jackson just looks too tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back