PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Santiago released, Kranchick to practice squad, Trafford to practice squad I.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

December 15, 2006
Santiago released

Veteran TE O.J. Santiago has been released by the Patriots today, two days after he was signed. The team also signed TE Matt Kranchick to the practice squad, and placed TE Rod Trafford on the practice squad injured reserve list.

Santiago had injured his foot on Thursday.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:04:37 PM

There is a practice squad IR? How is that any different from the regular IR?

Probably has to do with money..and other rules...last year Ryan Krug was injured and was just cut even though injured..he returned I believe in training camp. I also think it may mean they have a solid interest in him for teh futire...

Is it possible this is a sign that Watson's health has turned around slightly or is this solely about Santiago getting injured the other day?

Is it possible this is a sign that Watson's health has turned around slightly or is this solely about Santiago getting injured the other day?

I would lean towards Santiago getting hurt. But I would like to think that it is because Watson isn't as hurt as they originally thought.

Maybe Wayson IS better..or maybe there is a greater need for that spot??? OR...is it just Santiago's injury???Stay tuned...

Maybe Wayson IS better..or maybe there is a greater need for that spot??? OR...is it just Santiago's injury???Stay tuned...

Gotta believe it's more about santiago's injury than watson's recovery from injury.
Never had high hopes for santiago anyway.
Still could be with the team next pre-season,If he's willing to fly to japan,and stay there after the game:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back