Santiago released, Kranchick to practice squad, Trafford to practice squad I.R.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Dec 15, 2006.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

2. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

There is a practice squad IR? How is that any different from the regular IR?

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Probably has to do with money..and other rules...last year Ryan Krug was injured and was just cut even though injured..he returned I believe in training camp. I also think it may mean they have a solid interest in him for teh futire...

4. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Is it possible this is a sign that Watson's health has turned around slightly or is this solely about Santiago getting injured the other day?

5. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

I would lean towards Santiago getting hurt. But I would like to think that it is because Watson isn't as hurt as they originally thought.

6. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Not at all, I believe.

7. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Maybe Wayson IS better..or maybe there is a greater need for that spot??? OR...is it just Santiago's injury???Stay tuned...

8. HAMMERMILL

HAMMERMILL On the Game Day Roster

Gotta believe it's more about santiago's injury than watson's recovery from injury.
    Never had high hopes for santiago anyway.
    Still could be with the team next pre-season,If he's willing to fly to japan,and stay there after the game:p