Welcome to PatsFans.com

Santa and Beer

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Dec 2, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Uptight a-holes in Maine have banned a beer label from a small brewery that wants to sell "Santa's Butt" beer. State Police spokesman says the art and name will attract kids to buy the beer and *gasp* drink it! Living in Maine is tough enough for teens who can't find weed, can't have sex, and now, can't enjoy a bottle or ten of "Santa's Butt". Bah...Humbug!http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/02/santa.beer.ap/index.html

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

Find that interesting as Maine is a pretty tolerant state, not sure about the no weed comments, when I lived in NW Maine.. M was probably the most profitable crop in that area, many folks who lived there had no visible means of support.. but every fall new trucks, snowmachines and other toys would miraculously appear in their driveway.

Maine is delusional is they think this will stop kids from drinking.

3. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I meant that now, it's harder to get and the penalties are much more severe. Back in the day when I was partaking, everyone had it, drank it and screwed it, (there was no war on drugs, AIDS, abstinence freaks, or MADD) and we all were pretty laid back with very little stress. It must be very stressful being a teenager these days.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

:singing: Where do these fools come from, just because there is a picture of Santa on the bottle they think the kids are going to drink more beer, drive the back roads of Maine, every other tree has a cross on it where some teenager died after a night of beer drinking, not one of the brown bottles that were all over the road after the kid died had a picture of Santa on it.

15 is right, all the "poor people" have snowmobiles, boats, motorcycles and ice fishing huts in their backyards they also have the best cookouts in the state during the summer provided for with their food stamps, lobster & crabmeat along with the hot dogs, I have attended many of these "poverty cookouts" we stayed up all night drinking and singing, plenty of beer and not a picture of Santa anywhere.

Kids in America will always get their beer, even if Hitlers picture is on the bottle.

POT IS EVERYWHERE IN MAINE.

MAINE THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE------VACATION LAND
    GOD IS GREAT

MOHAMMAD ATTA BOUGHT HIS BOX CUTTERS AT WAL MART IN SOUTH PORTALND.

PUT A PICTURE OF AUNT NANCY GRINNING ON YOUR BEER NEXT SUMMER.
    :bricks:

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's good news, Boy. Hopefully they're all gettin laid and have plenty of condoms.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

:singing: Yup, plenty of that going on up here too, don't know about the condoms though, every other young girl walking through the Maine Mall in the summer is knocked up.

Hard Core Lefty Liberals are always bleating and whailing "oh we never want to go back to the fifties", I watched a "San Francisco Blue" show on Tv last night, it is about the Frisco Police, it was similar to the program "COPS", it showed Frisco after dark and the things that the Cops have to deal with, if this is the America that the liberals prefer over "Ozzie & Harriet" of the Fifties than this country is in big trouble.

No matter what you think of the police you have to give them credit for the sh!t they have to put up with today all due to "Liberalism Gone Mad"

We always thought we were "tough guys" when we were running the streets back in the forties but we would never DARE to treat cops the way these scum bags on the street do today, and they "Get Away" with it, I wonder what some of the cops of my day sitting in their rocking chairs think when they see this crap.

Say what you will, but the streets of my day were SAFE to walk at 2:00AM.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

I was in a specialty store yesterday and was a micro brewery named "He Brew" Beer. it had "la chaim" on one side and "to life" on the other. I thought it was funny.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

When I lived in Europe, you could buy a soft drink called Pschitt, and in Sweden they had candies called "pissers," which were sort of like gummi bears. The package showed a little boy pissing into a stream. I never quite understood the marketing strategy, but then again, I don't quite understand why anyone would drink Santa's butt bear.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I never botherd reading lables I just shoveled it in and at 3:00 AM we would drink anything we could get our hands on, you couldn't see the person sitting across from you because of all the cigarette smoke, God I miss those days.

Sunday Morning Coming Down.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

But, tell me, no matter how many you had, did you find that Black Label beer still tasted awful?

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Black Label 40 ouncers were the beer of choice at my college dorm. !2 bottles for $12. No matter what we were drinking, we'd feel likt crap in the AM so we figured, why pay more? To this day, I like BL's once in a while. Must have an emotional attachment.

Sunday Morning Coming Down is my favorite Johnny Cash song next to Folsom Prison Blues. Good obscure refence, Boy.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

IT WAS HORRIBLE BUT WHO CARED WHEN YOUR SINGING PICKIN GUITARS AND SMOKING (TOBACCO) WASN'T ANY POT AROUND CENTRAL SQ IN THOSE DAYS THE MUSICIANS IN TOWN (BOSTON) WERE USING IT BUT THEY KEPT IT SECRET, THE GOVT HAD US BRAINWASHED THAT IF YOU SMOKED POT YOU WOULD WALK UP MASS AVE MURDERING LITTLE KIDS.

BURIED DEEP IN MY SOUL I DO HAVE A LITTLE LIBERALISM, I HATE TO ADMIT THOUGH.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN SITTING AT A KITCHEN TABLE IN A THREE DECKER ON BROOKLINE ST CAMBRIDGE DURING A SNOW STORM WITH ABOUT $200 WORTH OF CHINESE FOOD FROM HONG KONG IN HARVARD SQ WITH FOUR OR FIVE CASES OF BEER IN THE CORNER, A FEW JUGS OF WINE, THREE OR FOUR GUITARS AND OLD CHILDHOOD FRIENDS SINGING, DANCING AND YELLING, JESUS H CHRIST, I'M GOING TO START CRYING.

You wonder why I don't say I love you
    When we're all alone out in the pale moonlight
    You wonder why I don't hold you closer
    Whenever I'm kissing you goodnight

Sunday Morning Coming Down

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I don't know, Harry, you sound like you're pretty cool. Don't know what made you so conservative, but I wonder if it was those old money, snooty Cambridge liberals who make make me cringe every time they open their mouths.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Some of my best friends are conservatives and liberals. Some of them are Americans from other countries that don't know or care about the difference. My best friend in the world lives in Ireland. Doesn't matter...good folks is good folks.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +526 / 6 / -2

Black LAbel beer was disgusting. My friends and I were celebrating New Years in Montreal when I was a freshman in college. This club had one of those open bar deals going, and Black Label was the beer they were serving. NASTY!

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +526 / 6 / -2

[​IMG]

Well, no wonder it sucks so bad. It's Union made!

[​IMG]

17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Don't the authorities in ME know that there's only like 50 teenagers left in that state that prefer to just drink a beer to mixing up their own Crystal Meth? I see a lot of sheds blowing up over the next year or so up there. You don't have to be 21 to buy Sudafed, Iodine and...

Ehh, its probably not wise to mention all the ingredients on a public forum:cool:

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

The Black Label triggered a flashback to those days when I was not concerned what I put into my body?? Never thought of Black Label as cheap, but just good value. Does anyone remember cone top beer cans or Reading Beer that you had to open with an opener?? Those days of drinking in the snow in fields brings back a lot of memories.