Welcome to PatsFans.com

sane voices in a lost country

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 18, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.lewrockwell.com/chernikov/chernikov22.html

and this is about the only thing i agree with this guy on

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Well said, what has concerned me is the breaking of the law under the guise of domestic security and then having a bunch of folk justify it. There are dangers, however to just violate that law to achieve the goal is inherently wrong. The FISA system has worked in the past, and there is no reason to believe it has not worked. If this is an unwieldy system at this time, show it and then propose legislation that will protect the country and uphold the constitution. Anytime any administration compromises the constitution then we as a country diminish that which has made us great.

The issue with public debate is that it is framed as either you are loyal to the "cause" or you are against protecting this country from harm. If you speak against anything in this administration then the dogs are unleashed in the right wing media. The polarization of these ideas is detrimental the any progress this country can make at this time. While I support public debate, not sure it can take place in this climate.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I wonder when people will get sick of our government setting us up for war like a flock of sheep? I miss the good old days after the Johnson Admin when the government was constantly questioned by the people who were getting info from newspapers and human conversation and SOMETIMES TV, not exclusively FOX or CNN. People weren't afraid of being called a traitor or seditious. I watched the original version of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers the other night. It's right on for what's happening to us right now. I'll keep trying to think of a way to wake up people.

4. BlueTalon

BlueTalon On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you think it was better when people access to had less information?!?

Regarding the thread -- it seems like a small leap from the original post to thinking a power-hungry government might just engineer it's own 9/11. Any takers?

5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Im sure if you peruse the threads, you'll find something to that effect.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Read it again. I suggested that most people are getting their news from 2 outlets. Few read newspapers, books or have personal one-on-one discussions about serious subjects. This group may not include you, but my experience and others' statistics show that to hold true, generally speaking.

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's absolutely possible. I choose to believe, with every bit of hope I have, that our government is not that evil. It's not that I don't think they're capable of it.

"Are we at war with Eastasia or Eurasia.... or does it really matter?"