SanDi Hopes Randy Implodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Union-Tribune newspaper has this to say (in part):

Ay, and there's the rub about Moss. How will he choose to play tomorrow?

Maybe the frigid weather or the Chargers' supreme interceptors in the secondary can conspire to shut down the Brady-to-Moss connection tomorrow. Taking Moss' track record into account, though, there's also the thought that perhaps only Moss can take himself out of his game. And will.

Some of his worst performances – games in which he tends to look mysteriously uninvolved – came immediately after he's become embroiled in one of his many legal entanglements. Over the past few days, nearly the only quotes you'll see or hear out of Moss are his emphatic denial that he struck a Florida woman who's accused him of battery during New England's bye weekend.

Moss, who informed Belichick of the battery issue last Friday, had only one reception in New England's playoff victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

“However he deals with it is how he's going to deal with it,” running back Kevin Faulk said. “I wish I could tell you he's going to be clear-headed, but ultimately, as much as we help him, it's a situation he has to deal with. We have to assume he's going to be able to do his job, no matter what.”

edited extract:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080119-9999-1s19patriots.html

Not sure how he implodes, last week was not a good barometer as clearly the game plan did not focus on him.. is that because of his problems or because they did not want to take a chance on turnovers??

Think the media wants to invent stories, and do not understand the multifacetedness of our offense.. so they come up with this crap...

Awwww poor SanDi. Nobody knew why at the time but in the week leading up to the J-Ville game, when the actual threats of blackmail were going on, media guys noticed Randy was unusually quiet even around his teammates in the locker room. This week they've noticed Randy is back to his old self, having fun and hanging out with the boys. Randy talking to BB and his teammates and then talking to the media took the weight of the world off his shoulders. Randy is going to have a sweet game today because unlike the J-Ville Tom Brady is going to make it a point to find him and get him the ball. That's the Patriot way. They make their statements about off field issues on the field.
The wind will be Randy's biggest foe today. Sorry SanDi!! :D

Those guys should be scared. Very scared. I know I would be if he were on the other team. The funny thing about a guy like Moss is this game is still hours away, and he's been a factor for several days now. Theyve had to deal with him all week and think about what 2 guys theyre going to use to slow him down all game. So, he's already made an impact without even stepping on the field. And if he doesnt have a huge game, so be it. Just a couple of key catches to move the chains, keep that D honest deep, help open up the field, make some nice blocks on a Dback or 2, and keep his head in the game and play hard for 60 minutes. The man doesnt need as much as 50 yards or a score to help this team win. So, big game or no big game, Moss is helping this team win today one way or another.

Moss is going to be a beast today.

Moss had a good game against Jax, drawing double and triple coverage helps the team as much as a catch.

Let hope SD thinks he's so distracted that they choose to single him all day. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Wait, Even Norvo the clown isn't that dumb. Moss gets doubled all day and opens the field all day for everyone else, springled with a few big plays of his own. Pats roll.

Come on, they have to hope something...

After the game, I would love for Brady to do the press conference, and say "I know how some of you wanted to be able to blame Randy Moss... and it's not fair... that's my teammate... and also, we won by 21..."

PFnV

Not sure how he implodes, last week was not a good barometer as clearly the game plan did not focus on him.. is that because of his problems or because they did not want to take a chance on turnovers??

I don't think the game plan focused on him any less than normal... he was so well covered that others were open, and that's where Brady threw the ball.

Think the media wants to invent stories, and do not understand the multifacetedness of our offense.. so they come up with this crap...

IMO, the only reason they were trying so hard to get the ball to Moss late in the season was to try and break Rice's record. Now, there's no necessity to get Moss the ball.

And anyone who says he "disappeared" vs. JAC because he only had one catch clearly didn't watch the game.

Absurd!

Wasn't it reported that Randy was tight last week. Can soon as he faced the media and got his side of the story out it was reported that he was back to the old loose Randy. Calm confident and ready to play.

Look for more than 1 reception today from Randy.

The Jaguars used the Ravens Defensive strategy when they took Moss completely away for the most part. I think we can expect much of that same Defense on Moss Today ie...Two Deep CB and Safety. Donte' Stallworth is the guy that should do Damage Today also Ben Watson should play a role in our underneath passing game.

I can hope Tom will introduce me to one of Tom's friends. It does not mean it is going to happen.

Garbage journalism.

give me a break, "supreme interceptors?"!!!! what is this guy, some transplanted cricket reporter?

as for RM, he was a decoy last week drawing double and triple coverage and giving his team mates room to roam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down