Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

June 07, 2006
Strong influence

FOXBOROUGH -- Second-year safety James Sanders took a break from his offseason workouts at Gillette Stadium recently, and spoke about the infectious approach of Rodney Harrison.

Sanders, a 2005 fourth-round pick, is one of the candidates to start should Harrison not be ready for the beginning of the 2006 season.

The Q&A:

Is there one player who has taken you under his wing?
“I’d say Rodney [Harrison]. He’s always taking me to the corner, sitting down and talking to me, whispering things to me like ‘push yourself.’ He’s taught me how to work hard. He’s a Hall of Fame type of guy, might be one of the best safeties to ever play this game. To have a guy like that on your side, motivating you, it does a lot.”

What has it been like watching him work his way back from his serious injury?
“It’s pretty amazing to see how much he’s coming along so quickly with his injury. He had a pretty devastating one. I don’t know where he’s at percentage wise, but to see him work hard and try to get back to where he wants to be, it’s amazing. People doubt him, saying ‘he can’t do this, he can’t do that’ and to see him use that negativity as a positive to motivate himself, it’s great to see something like that.”

...and we all know how Rodney reacts to doubts. How many times have we seen/heard him coming off the field, saying something to the effect of "they didn't think we could do it..."

Last edited:
If he uses negitivity to push himself in his workouts, am I hurting him by being so positive and optimistic?

Rodney is f*cking awesome. Guy is one of my favorite players on the team for obvious reasons.

It also pisses me off when people just throw out that he is the dirtiest player in the NFL. Has he made plays to deserve that early in his career? Possibly. But when ever I ask people to point out what he's done with the Pats they can't say anything.

He is a hard hitter. He at times hits with the helmet as a lot of NFL players do, but he isn't a guy who goes around looking to end careers, ala Ulf Samuelsson.

Get well Rodney, we miss you!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back