PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanders hit on Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a helmet-to-helmet hit on a play where the ball was ruled incomplete because the act of catching hadn't been finished.

Sanders should expect a fine similar to what Pryor got.
OK... so what could have Sanders have done to make the alleged illegal hit legal? He was looking up at Ward as he made the hit... should he have "missed" him right or left. Should he have stood up straight and tackle him with his chest? Should he have ducked to go beneath him (which surely would have been much more flagrant). Isn't there something about using the "crown of the helmet?" He hit him with his facemask!! It wass a facemask-to-helmet hit.

Sheesh. That hit was absolutely legal, both technically and within the spirit of the rule.

OK... so what could have Sanders have done to make the alleged illegal hit legal? He was looking up at Ward as he made the hit... should he have "missed" him right or left. Should he have stood up straight and tackle him with his chest? Should he have ducked to go beneath him (which surely would have been much more flagrant). Isn't there something about using the "crown of the helmet?" He hit him with his facemask!! It wass a facemask-to-helmet hit.

Sheesh. That hit was absolutely legal, both technically and within the spirit of the rule.

Pryor's hit was legal, too. He still got fined.

We should all expect Sanders to get fined and you know what I don't care **** Goodell just don't suspend him.

You see through patriot glasses. I'm sure steeler fans saw a clear violation. And BTW, is "brushing together" a techical term that excludes the contact precluded by the rule?

Or are you merely saying that this shouldn't be a violation regardless of what the rule says?

My playback of these flash things may not be good, but i didn't see a violent hit, it seems he got the concussion otherwise. Could be my crappy computer, but i'm pretty honest about what I see and a violent concussion causing hit by Sanders it was not IMO.

Anyone look to see if he hit his head on the ground?

You know, in earlier times, this board used to attract a much better class of trolls. Nowadays it seems like we only get the the serious jackwagons, the ones with mommy issues and language problems. Sort of the Football Tourrettes' types, as it were.

Where did we go wrong? :rolleyes:

so true. Remember 'aqua4ever' ? I miss that annoying twit. Sure he was annoying, but he provided us with alot of humor. We need better trolls.

so true. Remember 'aqua4ever' ? I miss that annoying twit. Sure he was annoying, but he provided us with alot of humor. We need better trolls.

Aqua was good, but he was no Dr. Dolphin. I miss those videos...

I TIVO'd the game and looked at that hit. One thing that jumped out at me was how Ward head was high in the frame initially, and was way down in a millionth of a second. What I am trying to point out is that, Ward's head was where his chest initially was.

At top speed, Sanders is coming in, and at the instant of contact, there is now a helmet where the chest was, because Ward was going down. Vertically down.

Check it out and you'll see what I mean. I hope the league sees this. You others who TIVO'd the game, look for yourself, and let us know what you think.

I TIVO'd the game and looked at that hit. One thing that jumped out at me was how Ward head was high in the frame initially, and was way down in a millionth of a second. What I am trying to point out is that, Ward's head was where his chest initially was.

At top speed, Sanders is coming in, and at the instant of contact, there is now a helmet where the chest was, because Ward was going down. Vertically down.

Check it out and you'll see what I mean. I hope the league sees this. You others who TIVO'd the game, look for yourself, and let us know what you think.

You could make the same analysis on the Pryor hit of Favre. Goodell just wants to fine players. They'll slow down the video and zoom in as far as it takes to see any contact. Silly.

No.. Ward was knocked out with a NECK INJURY. If they come back and claim it was a concussion, they were either lying during the game or lying now.. They Steelers staff went out of their way to call it a neck injury several times.

not sure what this has to do with the price of beans, but simply put, the first part of sanders to hit ward was his helmet. and it hit wards helmet. technically, ward did not seem to be defenseless on that contact, but it was certainly helmet-to-helmet, and in the current environment it may draw a fine. I don't think it should, but I think it has a pretty good chance of doing so

I couldn't have been happier to see Hines Ward knocked out. People say he is a dirty player but I think he just plays hard to the whistle. He's had his fair share of knockouts and I was very happy to see that sh!t eating grin whiped off his face. Who's smiling now!

I couldn't have been happier to see Hines Ward knocked out. People say he is a dirty player but I think he just plays hard to the whistle. He's had his fair share of knockouts and I was very happy to see that sh!t eating grin whiped off his face. Who's smiling now!

between him and polamalu.....I hate 'em both, but would love to have them on the pats

There is no doubt that it's a helmet to helmet. The problem is, I don't think Sanders had bad intent. Sanders was almost vertical and was bracing himself for Ward's impact rather than trying to deliver a blow. There was no other option other than not tackling, which is worse. What happens to him is irrelevant. Sanders did his job.

I'll be a little ticked if Sanders gets fined but Polamalu doesn't for his H2H hit on Hernandez a few series later. I don't think either hit should be fined, I just want consistency. I'll be shocked if Sanders walks alway scot-free from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back