PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez "We'll be just fine and we'll make the postseason"

Status
Not open for further replies.
people talk about the patriots being media androids for BB and the jets having all this personality, speaking there minds etc. I'm not seeing it, they're like little Rex "Blowbard Droids" boasting and prophesying just like fatso.

This statement is out of character for Sanchez but like another poster put it, this is how Rex has cultured them.

of course they will be fine.
Any team for that matter would be confident if the Fkin comish was turning a blind eye to the teams taping practices :mad:

I didn't expect Sanchez to say the Jets were done for the year but a more appropo statement would have been something like this...

"We are struggling a bit as a team and I consider myself to be a very important player and leader on offense to get this team back on track,its my responsibility to get this offense improving and quickly if we are to go where we want to be"

Methinks Marky should not have said that at just this particular point in time. After a win or two perhaps but if you say these kinds of things, you're going to have to back them up and considering their performance so far, you might not be able to. Remember if Tony Romo doesn't throw the ball to the YETS in their first game, then the YETS would be 1 - 4 not 2 - 3. If Marky, (or is it Markie?), doesn't back that up, starting this weekend, the fans are really going to get ugly in New York.

I have no problem with the optimistic sentiment, per se.

Bearing in mind I have no real frame of reference for what he said, my issue is that the words seem to convey this sentiment that it's a no-brainer that they will make the playoffs. If that's the case then I think that could be due to the success they've had his first two years warping his perception of just how hard it is to get to the post season.

That's the part that I'd be worried about if I was a Jets fan. It takes a buttload of work and staying resolute through adversity to make it to the postseason, if Sanchez takes that for granted then I think he's in for a rude awakening.

Wait. They have already said they are going to win the SB. Why would they have to issue a guarantee lowering the bar?

people talk about the patriots being media androids for BB and the jets having all this personality, speaking there minds etc. I'm not seeing it, they're like little Rex "Blowbard Droids" boasting and prophesying just like fatso.

This statement is out of character for Sanchez but like another poster put it, this is how Rex has cultured them.

How is it out of characted for Sanchez? He has shown a consistent need to convince the media how great things are.
I think this is exactly IN character for him.

Instead of worrying about his team tanking 3 in a row and how to improve,his arrogance is thinking his team will look back at this losing skid and smile as if other teams are going to just lie down and let a dormant offense suddenly flourish for the rest of the year :rolleyes:

They better take it game by game rather then forecasting a playoff berth on a team that currently has a lot of problems.

Mark Sanchez still believes New York Jets will make postseason - ESPN New York

The Jets test is just getting started. Three of their next four games are losable games. Unless they win 2 of the four games, they are going to be so far out of the race their season will be over.

The Jets just aren't built to withstand the strength of schedule they are facing this year. They aren't like us.

Well, put me in the group that thinks he just might be right.

I guess I don't think the Jets are nearly as bad as others seem to. I think they can sleepwalk through the Miami game and win -- Miami is in the Luck sweepstakes already. I don't think the Jets are that far away from a 10 win team. Yes, they've put themselves in position where they don't have much margin for error and might need some help from other teams in December, but they aren't going to just disappear.

I also think the game on Sunday was a bit closer than the final score would indicate or that I was hoping. It really did come down to a handful of plays and a few inches here or there. The Jets don't have a long way to improve to become a contender for the playoffs -- they have a lot of pieces but just aren't a complete team yet. Admittedly some holes too, but they have ways to win games.

The Jets constantly perplex me in terms of what they can say and do and how it seems to work for them. Three losses is just not enough to declare anyone's season over. Put it this way -- 14 teams in the NFL right now have 3 or more losses. I would guess that next week, that number will be closer to 16 or 17, including the Jets. And of those 16 or 17, a couple will make the playoffs eventually. It could be the Jets.

Brandon Marshall will be blanketed by Revis,it's going to have to be Bush or Bess that is going to have to have a career day to win that game.

Either that or Sanchez can have his usual mediocre day, throw a bad pick, and lose the game for the Jets! 4 losses in a row, particularly losing to an 0-4 team would have New York in meltdown mode! Cant wait to see all the fallout from that!

I also think the game on Sunday was a bit closer than the final score would indicate or that I was hoping. It really did come down to a handful of plays and a few inches here or there.

It was but the Jets got some uncharacteristic gifts (tipped end zone pick, big kick return) that had a huge impact on the score.

Put it this way -- 14 teams in the NFL right now have 3 or more losses.

8 are in the NFC and 4 in the AFC (Fins, Jags, Colts, Broncos) are already playing out the string.

And of those 16 or 17, a couple will make the playoffs eventually. It could be the Jets.

But you can make a pretty convincing case that none will in the AFC:

Pats, Ravens, Texans, Bolts win divisions
Bills, Steelers win wildcard

Someone will win the North, South and West so those spots aren't available. They could still win the East but that will be an uphill climb. The Steelers/Ravens loser will almost certainly win one wildcard (check their remaining schedules). The Jets best chance is to sweep Buffalo and hope Oakland remembers they are a .500 team. Certainly possible but I wouldn't bet money on it.

heh...yup...they ARE hanging on............

hopesign.jpg

lose to the lowly fins at home and ...well...you get the picture...

014_BeyondHope.jpg

Imploding.

In the immortal words of the idiot Bart Scott, Can't Wait!

good news (kind of) is that the Jets are BAD and won't make the playoffs. WON'T.

The BAD NEWS is that the beloved Pats barely beat them. And that doesn't bode well.

Hey Sexy Rexy is still saying that the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. How can you argue with his Super Bowl predictions?

They need to go 9-2

Miami 8:30 pm
Oct 23 San Diego 1:00 pm
Week 8 BYE
Nov 6 @Buffalo 1:00 pm
Nov 13 New England 8:20 pm
Nov 17 @Denver 8:20 pm
Nov 27 Buffalo 1:00 pm
Dec 4 @Washington 1:00 pm
Dec 11 Kansas City 1:00 pm
Dec 18 @Philadelphia 4:15 pm
Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm
Jan 1 @Miami 1:00 pm

Mark's right. That is a cupcake schedule right there with a slew of other bottom feeders: Miami 2X, Eagles, Chiefs, Broncos. Let's say they are the king of the dumpster and win all of those five games. Too bad they don't get the Eagles until after they're out of it.

That means they have to go 4-2 against the Patriots, Bills 2X, Chargers, Giants and Redskins.

The trap game is Tim Tebow at Denver. What will he do against the Jets? 150 yards rushing and 300 passing?

Best of luck Senor Sanchez.

Last edited:
The BAD NEWS is that the beloved Pats barely beat them. And that doesn't bode well.

Barely beat them? The Pats beat them by two scores and it would have been a rout if Aaron Hernandez hangs onto the damn ball with 7 second to go in the half. The Pats physically beat the Jets.

good news (kind of) is that the Jets are BAD and won't make the playoffs. WON'T.

Just because the Pats didn't beat them by three TDs doesn't mean the Pats barely beat them. The Pats pretty much dominated the second half. Without Hernandez dropping a TD pass which landed in Cromartie's lap (who was completely burnt by Hernandez) and the 88 yard kick return by McKnight, the Pats win by three or more scores.

The Pats beat the Jets at their own game out physicaling them and beating them with the Ground and Pound.

Last edited:
Well, put me in the group that thinks he just might be right.

I guess I don't think the Jets are nearly as bad as others seem to. I think they can sleepwalk through the Miami game and win -- Miami is in the Luck sweepstakes already.
If not for a blocked punt and Tony Romo brainfart, the Jets would be in the Luck sweepstakes too.

I don't think the Jets are that far away from a 10 win team.
I don't see it. They haven't been real close in their losses. What are they good at? The defense is only good in reputation and if you consider it good because it used to be. Supposedly our D stinks and theirs is great, and we have allowed fewer points. The offense is horrendous.

Yes, they've put themselves in position where they don't have much margin for error and might need some help from other teams in December, but they aren't going to just disappear.
Unless they do a 180 they will be somewhere around 3-6 in a month.

I also think the game on Sunday was a bit closer than the final score would indicate or that I was hoping. It really did come down to a handful of plays and a few inches here or there.
Totally disagree here. I think it wasn't as close as the score.

The Jets don't have a long way to improve to become a contender for the playoffs -- they have a lot of pieces but just aren't a complete team yet. Admittedly some holes too, but they have ways to win games.
Every team has 'ways to win games'. When you are 31st rushing O and 26th rushing D and your QB is ranked 31st (ESPN QB rankings) and are coming off allowing 320 yards passing you are a bad football team.

The Jets constantly perplex me in terms of what they can say and do and how it seems to work for them. Three losses is just not enough to declare anyone's season over. Put it this way -- 14 teams in the NFL right now have 3 or more losses. I would guess that next week, that number will be closer to 16 or 17, including the Jets. And of those 16 or 17, a couple will make the playoffs eventually. It could be the Jets.
Of course if they turn it around and start winning they can contend, but nothing they have done on the football field all season suggests they are capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back