PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez "We'll be just fine and we'll make the postseason"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Cameron Wake slams him to the ground on the very first play of the game...from there on it should be easy business for the Phins. :D

They need to go 9-2

Miami 8:30 pm
Oct 23 San Diego 1:00 pm
Week 8 BYE
Nov 6 @Buffalo 1:00 pm
Nov 13 New England 8:20 pm
Nov 17 @Denver 8:20 pm
Nov 27 Buffalo 1:00 pm
Dec 4 @Washington 1:00 pm
Dec 11 Kansas City 1:00 pm
Dec 18 @Philadelphia 4:15 pm
Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm
Jan 1 @Miami 1:00 pm

I don't see any gimmes beyond the Miami games, and even then you never know with that rivalry. I see six games in which they could legitimately be underdogs: SD, @Buff, NE, Buff., @Wash, @Phil. Now they could win one or two of those games, but they also could lose to the Gints or Denver or even KC.

It would be awesome if that Eagles-Jets game in December was just two teams playing out the season, out of the playoffs. Yeah, I'd like that.

Brandon Marshall will be blanketed by Revis,it's going to have to be Bush or Bess that is going to have to have a career day to win that game.

I think that the star of the Dolphins offense in that game is going to be Daniel Thomas. He rushed for 95 yards vs. the Browns and 107 yards vs. the Texans. He might be able to get a buck fifty against the Jets. I think the Dolphins are going to run it down the Jets' throats.

What do you expect him to say? Concede defeat?

As much as I'd like for the Jets to fail, Sanchez is saying every thing right. Sure he could have more of a focus on expressing the need for hard work and practice, and making a point that they have a long way to go, but he's representing the way Rex has cultured the team.

So, what is your point? Is he saying "every thing right" or is he "representing the way Rex has cultured the team?"

Those are two different answers. I would agree that he is doing the latter, but he is not doing the former.

As much as I would like to shovel dirt on the Jets and god knows they have their problems, its way too early to start planning the Jets elimination party just yet. Despite all their problems its hard to believe that the 0-4 phins can go on the road and beat the Jets with their back up QB.

So come next week the Jets are likely to be 3-3. That is certainly NOT a record that is going to eliminate you from the playoffs this early in the season. Let us not forget there once was a team that was 5-5 coming off a home loss, and......

Frankly, I would not have expected anything different from Li'l Marky or any of the other Green Beans. Woody Johnson still has thousands of PSLs to sell.

I think the Dolphins will lose.....but if they win, it'll be chaos and meltdown for the Jets and their fans.

Like I said, it's the way Rex has cultured the team. This is how they've motivated the players before with great success. He's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and he shouldn't try to be.

He's also a pretty naive kid who doesn't yet grasp that he will likely be there longer than Rex unless Woody decides Rex has more enduring PR value and upside as a defensive genius...

As much as I would like to shovel dirt on the Jets and god knows they have their problems, its way too early to start planning the Jets elimination party just yet. Despite all their problems its hard to believe that the 0-4 phins can go on the road and beat the Jets with their back up QB. So come next week the Jets are likely to be 3-3. That is certainly NOT a record that is going to eliminate you from the playoffs this early in the season. Let us not forget there once was a team that was 5-5 coming off a home loss, and......

Let's also not forget who their QB and HC were and how they both engineered what transpired beyond that... And let's not forget that the JETS are a classic Romo meltdown away from being 1-4 with that one win against the hapless JAGS...and their soon to be mercifully unemployed HC. And they still have SD, Buffalo twice, us again, the resurgent Redskins, the Eagles who will eventually get their heads out of their asses as may Matt Cassel and Co. not to mention Christmas Eve with the arch rival Giants to deal with.

I know you get off on representing the voice pats fan voice of reason on multiple JET sights, but this isn't one of them...

As much as I would like to shovel dirt on the Jets and god knows they have their problems, its way too early to start planning the Jets elimination party just yet. Despite all their problems its hard to believe that the 0-4 phins can go on the road and beat the Jets with their back up QB.

So come next week the Jets are likely to be 3-3. That is certainly NOT a record that is going to eliminate you from the playoffs this early in the season. Let us not forget there once was a team that was 5-5 coming off a home loss, and......

Although I think the Dolphins will probably lose, don't count them out. Even when they suck, they play the Jets tough.

Matt Moore is a wild card. There isn't much of a book on him since he only had limited starts in Carolina (13 in five years) and none with his current team. Even crappy QBs can have a few really good starts when they come in and take over the offense after an injury to a starter because opposing defensive coordinators don't know enough about their strengths and weaknesses. He could shock the Jets who have been struggling a bit on defense.

Also, the Jets run defense sucks and the Dolphins have a pretty good rookie RB while the Jets run defense. The issue is he is coming off a hamstring injury and I wonder if he will be 100%.

Gun to my head, I would pick the Jets pretty easily. But I am not going to say that the Dolphins don't have the ability to steal one from them. Never count out a team in a division race. In 2004, the Pats lost to a 4-12 Dolphins on the way to 14-2 and the Super Bowl.

I believe the correct response would have been "We are just focused on the Dolphins right now and preparing to do the best we can to win that game."

Of course, I hear everything through Bill Belichick filtered hearing aids.

There's nothing wrong with what he said in the article.

I read the his comments and all I can think of is the band playing on the deck of the Titanic.

can't think why? though.....

They need to go 9-2

Week 8 BYE

I'm not so sure they do. Assuming the Bills fall off which I still think they will you're looking at the division winners of NE, Balt, Somebody has to win the AFCS and SD.

Houston or Tenn both at 3-2 and one likely wins the south but might do it at 9-7. Houston lost Williams and Johnson is down and they implode often. I wouldn't bank on Tenn either.

Pitt at 3-2 is only going to get more worn down as the season goes along and Ben more beat up with that line. I don't think 9-7 or worse is out of the question.

Cleveland, Cincinnati and KC make up the other teams ahead of them and I have no faith there.

The Raiders having the tie breaker vs the Jets really hurts them. I think think it's possible the Jets get in a 9-7 if they sweep the Bills and Pitt struggles. If Pitt and Oak can win 10 then you're correct they need to win 11 and go 9-2.

They are at the disadvantage as well of playing two teams in a row coming off of byes in Miami and SD. The Fins have won 3 straight in NY vs the Jets. Hopefully they lose these two and then we can put the final nail in when visiting them.

I want the Jets to still be in the wildcard race, which they are now, for several weeks longer. Watching the Jets fans and NY centric mediots slowly rebuild hope only to have it dashed as they slowly realize the math that other AFC also rans have beaten the Jets out for the wild card will be great late season entertainment. Adding to this circus is the Head Coach's demonstrated inability to understand playoff standings (the tie-breakers, etc.).

Last edited:
They need to go 9-2

Agreed. 10-6 with key conference losses already on the books may not get it done.

Week 8 BYE

This stretch will determine their season...
4-0: They are in great shape
3-1: Survival. Margin for error is almost gone.
2-2: Effectively done. Would pretty much need to run the table.
1-3: No pulse. The pack would all need to come back to them to resuscitate.
0-4: Rotting corpse. Someone would have to pay for this disaster.

If there ever was a team that need to be focused on the game in front of them, this is it. Beat Miami and look reasonably good doing it...now the outlook gets a little brighter. Look ahead to the Pats rematch and get blindsided by the Fins...now the "rotting corpse" possibility is fully in play and the associated pressure will destroy them.

This stretch of games is not overly difficult to navigate. Can't take any of them for granted, but wouldn't despair with these teams as a finishing kick. Unfortunately for the Jets, the Pats have an easier stretch (DEN, BUF, WAS, KC, PHI are the same...Pats get Fins at home...sub Indy for Giants).

So the week 10 game against the Pats could be to save the Jets season. The Jets need to take care of business over the next month to even get to that point.

It's a long season guys, 2-3 is far from done.

Remember how bad it looked for them after 45-3 followed up by a loss to the horrible Dolphins/Tripgate. Or being 7-7 in 2009 and headed for 7-8 until Manning was yanked. As much as I hate that team you can never count them out. They've been too damn lucky as well you know they'll get some ridiculous breaks here and there.

It's a long season guys, 2-3 is far from done.

Remember how bad it looked for them after 45-3 followed up by a loss to the horrible Dolphins/Tripgate. Or being 7-7 in 2009 and headed for 7-8 until Manning was yanked. As much as I hate that team you can never count them out. They've been too damn lucky as well you know they'll get some ridiculous breaks here and there.

I agree it is a long season and anything can happen, but even when they struggled the last two years they never had a three game losing streak and their defense was always solid and they could always run the ball. This year their defense is average. Their running game sucks.

I'm not so sure they do. Assuming the Bills fall off which I still think they will you're looking at the division winners of NE, Balt, Somebody has to win the AFCS and SD.

If you assume NE, SD, BAL and HOU as division winners, the Jets still face uphill battles against the Bills and Steelers. In fact, I can't see the Steelers not making the playoffs with the schedule in front of them (JAX, ARZ, KC, STL, 2xCIN, 2xCLE...how many of those 8 games do you see as losses?).

As for Buffalo, the key is the 2 games they play against the Jets. If the Jets lose in Buffalo week 9, it would be tough for the Jets to catch them. Oakland and Tennessee could surprise but they smell like .500 teams at this point. Same odor the Jets left behind in the visitor's locker room at Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back