PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez released

I don't get it. I don't get how Sanchez got his 2nd job in the NFL this fast. An NFL backup should either have proved himself as capable at some point in his career (Hasselbeck, Jackson, Campbell, Fitzpatrick) or be unproven/show upside (Mallett, Cousins).

Sanchez is proven awfulness with no upside.....

Wrong!! wrong wrong wrong wrong...whistling gypsy canaries wrong!! READ the master...READ the expert of all known Sanchez-perts...READ....RAY RAY 19...

Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF
Hall Of Fame

Yes, stuck.

Only the uber homers on this board such as yourself and sg3 already view Sanchez as a Top 10 QB. The reality is, he's not close to that at this point in time.

There was no need for this. The only way this makes sense is if we end up bringing in a guy like Mario Williams. If no Peyton, then the Jets should've rode out this season with Sanchez on his current deal and if he showed significant improvement, THEN sign him to an extension next offseason.

If he takes us to the AFCCG twice in the next three years, while you're crying about his contract, then I LOVE being "STUCK"

He got the same money as Kevin Kolb and Ryan Fitspatrick, and that money isn't even guaranteed

There WAS A need for the move, on several levels, you are just too naive, or too caught up in your mindless and baseless agenda to see it.

- Frees up a huge amount of cap space
- Converts money into guaranteed money that already existed on his existing deal
- New money isn't guaranteed, Jets have an out after the next 2 years if need be
- Despite the media SPUN off-season, it sends a huge statement to Sanchez himself, and the so-called "unnamed sources," or any other doubter that they are committed to Sanchez and the body of work the last 3 years provides PLENTY of just reasoning. This is big because the locker room doesn't have to wonder about the QB of the team, they don't have to wonder if he's a lame duck or not, they can either strap it on and get on board, or be gone.

It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!

"It was a HUGE move, the right move, a savvy move, a fiscally positive move, a GREAT move!!!!"

whaddya got to say NOW, Patsinthesnow?????....heh heh heh heh heh.....

If the Eagles and Jets had traded Vick for Sanchez last off-season, which fan base do you think would have been more outraged?

Vick to JEST

I'm paraphrasing here...

"I'm really excited to be here in New York... this team was able to approach the brink of competence last season, and that's got to be better than prison," said the former dog executioner and convict. "I just hope when my number's called I can hit some incentives."

"We're not wedded to Geno Smith," said a member of the JEST brain trust. "Not when there's someone who's had decent seasons at some point in his career willing to sign on with this parody of a team."

Vick's one-year deal will keep him relevant in the NFL and pay him five million dollars. And with less wear on the tread because of the jail time, Vick projects to be one of the better-preserved running backs at the quarterback position in the league.

If there was a sports awards show like the Oscars that did an "In Memoriam" montage to athletes' careers, we just know the Butt Fumble clip would accompany Sanchez's name fading in and out. Seriously, what else of note has he done? That's his legacy.

Regards,
Chris

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

NFLN just reported that a NY team is now in the mix with the Eagles to sign Sanchez. I am just guessing but it is likely the Jets got wind of his release and are all over this with Rex and Idzik pulling out all the stops to get him into a Jets uniform.

If there was a sports awards show like the Oscars that did an "In Memoriam" montage to athletes' careers, we just know the Butt Fumble clip would accompany Sanchez's name fading in and out. Seriously, what else of note has he done? That's his legacy.

Regards,
Chris

If you ever watched "The Walking Dead," and stuck around for Chris Hardwick's show afterward ("The Talking Dead,") you know their montage of people we lost each episode (mainly different kinds of zombies.)

I imagine Sanchez memorialized as "Fumbling Walker"

Yes he had some horror moments but he did have some good play in there too. Serviceable starter for a team out there if they don't ask him to do too much.

I'd rather have him than Mallett as the backup in New England too, with some proper coaching he might become more consistent, not that he would see the field often.[/QUOTE

Why???

captain stone said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_in_sunnyvale

Seriously, what else of note has he done? That's his legacy….

There is that beating the New England Patriots in Foxborough in the Playoffs thing...

Winning playoff games, only to lose in a later round, is no legacy. Quick: Who was the winning QB between the Browns/Steelers postseason game in 2002? Nobody gives a ****... unless you're a fan of the losing team.

Regards,
Chris

There's an inordinate emphasis on Sanchez being screwed by circumstance, the Jets, the loss of support, crumbling under the massive "pressure" of Tebow, who they wouldn't even put in after Sanchez got hurt.

Sanchez got a lot of intensive reps, starts, and support, way more than a lot of QB prospects get. The effort was there. The shortcomings were Sanchez's, and to me the eye test showed it.

That's one of the weird things about early draft pick QB's -- the way we all sort of pretend they've got what it takes, and then go "phew!" when it's out in the open. Jake Locker's on his way. Gabbert's already gone.

That's fair. But I also think it's fair to say the Jets didn't do a great job of supporting him either. Both sides deserve plenty of blame.

He was never as good as the #5 overall slot and those back-to-back AFCCG implied, but he was never as bad as that butt fumble either. It's somewhere in the middle.

Will be interesting to see what Chip Kelly can do with him. I think he's too old to be reclaimed, but then again, I felt the same way about Jason Campbell, Kellen Clemens, and Kyle Orton, but all have become very solid back-ups.

If he didn't have that very good defense, we'd be talking about Sanchez in the same breath as Heath Schuler; without the smarts.

That's fair. But I also think it's fair to say the Jets didn't do a great job of supporting him either. Both sides deserve plenty of blame.

He was never as good as the #5 overall slot and those back-to-back AFCCG implied, but he was never as bad as that butt fumble either. It's somewhere in the middle.

Will be interesting to see what Chip Kelly can do with him. I think he's too old to be reclaimed, but then again, I felt the same way about Jason Campbell, Kellen Clemens, and Kyle Orton, but all have become very solid back-ups.

He was every bit as bad as the buttfumble, and the numbers bear that out.

Winning playoff games, only to lose in a later round, is no legacy. Quick: Who was the winning QB between the Browns/Steelers postseason game in 2002? Nobody gives a ****... unless you're a fan of the losing team.

Regards,
Chris

Tommy Maddox (I did not look that up).

excuse me...I just released some colon gas. Speaking of which, you can dress this Sanpig up in all the pearls and silk finery you want. This will never change the FACT that, during an NFL game, he managed to find a way to stick his head up some other guy's azz.

captain stone said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_in_sunnyvale

Regards,
Chris

Tommy Maddox (I did not look that up).

Well played.

Maddox and Sanchez will end up remembered about the same success wise.

Regards,
Chris

Get ready...here it comes...from butt fumble to..

Feather Fumble!

Spitting%20Feathers%20Black%20rotated.jpg

I love it

The Jets think they upgraded by bringing in Vick instead of Sanchez

The Eagles think they upgraded by bringing Sanchez instead of Vick

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back