Sanchez led the league in dropped INTs from his passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Mark Sanchez - New York Jets - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Was not even close...he more than near doubled the runner up - Could quite possibly have had up to 28 INTs instead of 13.

Alot of blunders by some defenders,Had they caught all or most of those errant passes and Sanchez might be the laughing stock starting QB of the league.

He won't be able to keep that luck up,next year defenders WILL get some of those.

Last edited:
He doesn't throw a very catchable interception ball I guess. Something to work on in the offseason.

I hate Dirty Sanchez as much as the next Patriots fan, but that's one of the most ridiculous stats I've ever seen.

Sanchise completed 50% of his INTS. Sounds about right.

I hate Dirty Sanchez as much as the next Patriots fan, but that's one of the most ridiculous stats I've ever seen.

If you watched his games, you wouldn't think it was ridiculous at all. I couldn't believe the number of easy picks defenders dropped.

He doesn't wear a glove on his throwing hand. Defenders aren't stupid, they know how easily STDs are transmitted, especially with Santonio and Braylon frequently touching the ball. Better to knock the ball down.

Who really hates him? I hate the team he's on, but I just regard Sanchez as a goofy boy entering his third-consecutive rookie year.

I did think (especially) early in the season, he was very lucky that defenders dropped some easy INTs against him. I think one of the biggest differences in him from this year from last year is his luck in his bonehead mistakes didn't cost him as much. I think he is a mediocre QB who can show flashes of greatness, but so could wash outs like Jeff George, Rick Mirer, etc. He could pull it together and be a good or even a great QB, but he also could be what he is (a QB who can have a great drive or two or maybe three a game, but needs a good defense to keep him in it).

Personally, I think if Brady had Sanchez's offensive personnel, I think it would have been a top 3-5 offense easily even with Schottenheimer making the calls.

I did think (especially) early in the season, he was very lucky that defenders dropped some easy INTs against him. I think one of the biggest differences in him from this year from last year is his luck in his bonehead mistakes didn't cost him as much. I think he is a mediocre QB who can show flashes of greatness, but so could wash outs like Jeff George, Rick Mirer, etc. He could pull it together and be a good or even a great QB, but he also could be what he is (a QB who can have a great drive or two or maybe three a game, but needs a good defense to keep him in it).

Personally, I think if Brady had Sanchez's offensive personnel, I think it would have been a top 3-5 offense easily even with Schottenheimer making the calls.

Brady can make any WR corps a top 3-5 offense machine now :rocker:

Those int's need to be caught, bc until they are, he is gonna continue to be put on a pedestal by the media. They think he is good, even though the team is winning despite him not bc of him. :mad:

What quantifies a 'dropped INT'? Defender gets one hand on the ball, two hands, two hands in a reasonable catching position?

Even if Sanchez is still a bit pick-happy, there was still a marked improvement from year 1 to year 2 in what I saw. Interesting to see how he fares next year, especially with a rebuilt WR corps

i said this in another thread. the same dude who said sanchez had all these dropped int's said eli manning had 4-6? tipped interceptions. i think he had about 10.

and why not include dropped touchdowns? what kind of dumb ass statistic is this?

i said this in another thread. the same dude who said sanchez had all these dropped int's said eli manning had 4-6? tipped interceptions. i think he had about 10.

and why not include dropped touchdowns? what kind of dumb ass statistic is this?

Want a tissue for your issue?

Want a tissue for your issue?

no, but i have a better statistic for you. the past 2 years in the playoffs Sanchez is 4-2 while the rest of the AFCeast doesnt have a win.

What does that tell you? Individual statistics mean very little.

no, but i have a better statistic for you. the past 2 years in the playoffs Sanchez is 4-2 while the rest of the AFCeast doesnt have a win.

What does that tell you? Individual statistics mean very little.
Those moral victories are something to be proud of I guess:rolleyes:
You got an extra week. Winning a playoff game is meaningless if you don't win the SB. Getting further before being bounced is simply a moral victory. You can keep those.

Those moral victories are something to be proud of I guess:rolleyes:
You got an extra week. Winning a playoff game is meaningless if you don't win the SB. Getting further before being bounced is simply a moral victory. You can keep those.

That's taking it way more than a little too far. Getting further before being bounced became a moral victory right about the time the Jets beat the Patriots. Before that, it mattered.

That's taking it way more than a little too far. Getting further before being bounced became a moral victory right about the time the Jets beat the Patriots. Before that, it mattered.
Not at all. There is 1 winner in the playoffs. I, and most of this board have always felt that way. Remember the blasts for the Colts putting up an AFCC game particpant? There was no bragging about getting to the AFCC game and losing in 2006 around here.
Nothing has changed in that opinion as a result of us not being the team that made it a little farther than when we were that team.

Remember the blasts for the Colts putting up an AFCC game particpant? There was no bragging about getting to the AFCC game and losing in 2006 around here...

The Colts were our (arch)rival in 2006 - losing to them in a game in which we were ahead by 3 touchdowns is not something ANYONE on this board could take as a moral victory.
If we have played Indy in the AFC Divisional game and lost to then top-seeded SD in the AFCCG, I bet most of us on the board would have taken 2006 as a pretty good season. Instead, it was the reverse because lost in the most painful way possible to the one team we really wanted to beat.
The Jets felt the same way about us and actually got the job done.

what about the "dropped soap bar in shower" stat? Sandiddler must be hall of fame eligible by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes