PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez hurts throwing shoulder

Ryan had to "prove Sanchez" to his GM and menesh meta (SP?). Blame eventually goes to the idiot who won't let the coach be, you know, the coach.

It'd be like if Belichick had to "prove" his decisions to Felger. It be Krafts fault then.

Ryan let his ego get in the way if that is the case. He wanted to show idzik that 'his guy' sanchez will show how to play to the management after geno threw 3 picks. Backfired on him .

If Sanchez is his guy, you don't send him out with the scrubs. You send him out with the first team just like Geno. You protect your investment. They are paying him 14 million.

Also, if you're a head coach, you don't cater to anyone but yourself. That's why he's unprepared and ill equipped to be ha head coach. Some guys aren't cut out for it. He obviously doesn't have the spine/sense to do what's right for the team. If he's trying to please someone else, it's proof enough that he's not cut out for the job. Stand your ground and take your lumps if you're the coach.

If Sanchez is still his guy, he's a moron. It's dead simple.

The move to put Sanchez back in the game was absolutely shameful.

Ryan was at the forefront of the 'Sanchise' crap, and catered to a QB that apparently needed to hear good things all the time. For the first few years, that approach actually worked. The QB competition reared its head when things started to go south, and now it looks like Sanchez, who has never shown he could handle competition, is broken. That is all Ryan, and his personality. Ryan has played to the media from the moment he took the job. Now it appears he, much to my amusement, has driven his QB into the ground.

Tannenbaum certainly handed Ryan a personnel problem, but Ryan's player management involving those on the roster is his own doing. And I, too, believe Ryan gets the axe after this season, unless he can go 8-8 or better, which likely will not happen.

You guys are missing the point. He felt he had to to prove his guy. He could not make the decision that should be his - and his alone.

It be like if Felger and Borges hated Amendola and Belichick left him in SO Kraft would not tell him to bench Amendola because he has to sell tickets. If in that scenario Amendola gets injured, is the blame Belichick's or Kraft's?

Ryan had to "prove Sanchez" to his GM and menesh meta (SP?). Blame eventually goes to the idiot who won't let the coach be, you know, the coach.

It'd be like if Belichick had to "prove" his decisions to Felger. It be Krafts fault then.

According to those two aholes, felger and Mazz, BB should be spending his day "proving" his decisions to them.

After all, those two know everything, just ask them or try to listen (which I used to do).

Then, one day, I found nfl radio on my satellite radio and learned what real football talk is all about from guests and hosts that understand the game and are not out to belittle their audience for tha sake of ratings.

Ryan let his ego get in the way if that is the case. He wanted to show idzik that 'his guy' sanchez will show how to play to the management after geno threw 3 picks. Backfired on him .

I think this is what happened. Contrary to popular opinion I don't think he was trying to sabotage Sanchez - Sanchez pretty clearly gives them the best chance to win, Geno was awful last night. The first TD drive had like 4 penalties in a row and basically took them from the 30 to the opposing 40 for free.

For Christ's sake, Rex just got a tattoo of his wife in Sanchez' jersey riding a giant for or something, I dunno I haven't committed the tattoo to memory. You don't memorialize your love for a player like that only to turn on them 18 months later.

The point is Rex has always been joined at the hip with Sanchez and I think he honestly figured Sanchez would look better by comparison playing with the 3rd stringers and he'd be able to justify starting him week 1 (though Idzik did say that he'd have some input/control over that decision so who knows)

Rex knows his job is on the line meanwhile I think Idzik is building for the future. Rex was trying to put Marky in a situation to succeed and like you said, it backfired.

The wailing about Sanchez' shoulder is rich, though, especially from Jets fans who have been champing at the bit for Geno to play instead of Sanchez.

You guys are missing the point. He felt he had to to prove his guy. He could not make the decision that should be his - and his alone.

It be like if Felger and Borges hated Amendola and Belichick left him in SO Kraft would not tell him to bench Amendola because he has to sell tickets. If in that scenario Amendola gets injured, is the blame Belichick's or Kraft's?

Exactly how do you know what Ryan 'feels'? And based on what fact, rather than speculation, is the owner telling Ryan that Smith is the starting QB? There was a big outcry for Tebow last year in NY, and Ryan held his ground, despite Sanchez giving plenty of cause to justify a change. And Tebow would put fans in the seats and watching the games on television, and therefore mean more money for the team, regardless of his present aptitude, given his loyal supporters. By your logic, Tebow would have been the starting QB for most of last season, and that was not the case. The GM, not the owner, changed, this year. Same problem, different QB alternatives.

It was painfully evident Sanchez was broken last year, and a plan B was needed. Whether Smith, as that plan B. is a better plan, or just a different plan, remains to be seen. Sanchez is, however, a veteran, and it is often a bad idea to put a rookie in immediately. Rex needs to win to survive, so he will likely play the guy who will save his job.

I'd take Sanchez over any of our backups <-- serious post.

I agree. When he first came out of college he wasn't nearly as bad as he is now. I think BB and Josh could make him back into a serviceable backup.

Just as long as he throws away the tiara (headband thingy).

the Jets organization really is one of the most incompetent if not THE most in the entire NFL...its stuff like this why that team will not win anything of note.

not to mention how management had been handling the whole Geno Smith situation...doing anything to get him to start...Id actually rather see Smith than sanchez...as bad as sanchez is, geno is worse..I mean the guy ran out of bounds in his OWN endzone

You'd have to get Tebow to agree to that. Even HE would probably wait it out or retire before ever going back there. :D

I'm not a Tebow fan (to put it mildly). But even I couldn't wish that mess in NY on Tebow. It would be the textbook definition of cruel and unusual punishment.

Seems like a good point in Sanchez's career to see if maybe he has more talent in his left arm. Clearly there isn't any in his right arm.

I agree. When he first came out of college he wasn't nearly as bad as he is now. I think BB and Josh could make him back into a serviceable backup.

Just as long as he throws away the tiara (headband thingy).

The Pats should trade Tebow for him straight up. I'll bet they'd go for it.

The Pats should trade Tebow for him straight up. I'll bet they'd go for it.

I wouldn't want to take on Sanchez's current contract. But otherwise I'd do that in a minute.

We'd be balancing out the bad karma of putting TT into that mess with the good karma of rescuing Sanchez from it. :)

I think this is what happened. Contrary to popular opinion I don't think he was trying to sabotage Sanchez - Sanchez pretty clearly gives them the best chance to win, Geno was awful last night. The first TD drive had like 4 penalties in a row and basically took them from the 30 to the opposing 40 for free.

For Christ's sake, Rex just got a tattoo of his wife in Sanchez' jersey riding a giant for or something, I dunno I haven't committed the tattoo to memory. You don't memorialize your love for a player like that only to turn on them 18 months later.

The point is Rex has always been joined at the hip with Sanchez and I think he honestly figured Sanchez would look better by comparison playing with the 3rd stringers and he'd be able to justify starting him week 1 (though Idzik did say that he'd have some input/control over that decision so who knows)

Rex knows his job is on the line meanwhile I think Idzik is building for the future. Rex was trying to put Marky in a situation to succeed and like you said, it backfired.

The wailing about Sanchez' shoulder is rich, though, especially from Jets fans who have been champing at the bit for Geno to play instead of Sanchez.

I think you nailed it.

Ryan is making decisions to try to save his job. Ideally that means starting the guy the new GM picked, but he's been so bad it was a generally wise strategic move to show off Sanchez in front of the 3rd string.

Some think it backfired.

Personally, it seems to me their best shot at winning is to forgo the QB position entirely

iC50ZYSklQmBn.gif

Now that is a ******* HIT!!! His eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates when he saw Sanchez rolling that far out of the pocket and holding the ball for that long.

Now that is a ******* HIT!!! His eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates when he saw Sanchez rolling that far out of the pocket and holding the ball for that long.

Textbook hit. Head up, shoulders square, arms ready to wrap around.

Geno was awful last night. The first TD drive had like 4 penalties in a row and basically took them from the 30 to the opposing 40 for free.

I was watching that, and the Giants were not only playing a vanilla scheme, but playing poorly at that. They had back-to-back offsides penalties for a free 1st Down, followed by a hand to the face penalty, then a pass interference penalty. VERY bad discipline on the Giants' side of the ball overall, and Eli didn't look too sharp either.

I can't say if it was intentionally bad, but I'm surprised a team as supposedly good as the Giants could look as bad overall as they did against the JESTS. :eek:

I do give him credit for throwing the ball knowing he was going to get decked.

Butt fumble fans everywhere are crying themselves to sleep tonight. :(

Butt fumble fans everywhere are crying themselves to sleep tonight. :(

This is true - we may have seen the last of a Patriot national treasure as a regular season QB for the Jets.

I was watching that, and the Giants were not only playing a vanilla scheme, but playing poorly at that. They had back-to-back offsides penalties for a free 1st Down, followed by a hand to the face penalty, then a pass interference penalty. VERY bad discipline on the Giants' side of the ball overall, and Eli didn't look too sharp either.

I can't say if it was intentionally bad, but I'm surprised a team as supposedly good as the Giants could look as bad overall as they did against the JESTS. :eek:

The Giants actually aren't a good team, though.*

* Until January if they manage to squeak into the playoffs.

BSeqBt0IUAATOct.jpg

looks like the shoulder...collarbone report untrue?

What a strange body, those tooth pic calves shouldn't be able to hold that much weight, it defies physics.

On a side note, that 3rd pick by Geno was awful he stared down his man from the snap of the ball. Tuck was all over that from start to finish. Another season of gold, Gold Jerry, Gold...

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back