PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez has tear in right shoulder..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a minor tear, he could have the area shot up and play pretty much pain-free. the question, though, is what further damage might be done?

If the areas is medicated you may not feel any further stresses and/or tears, especially playing in cold weather. he may well further aggravate it.

What they need to assess is their long term plans, and how much further injury they are willing to risk in these last 2 games.

He may not do any more damage. He may be forced into certain plays in order to protect the shoulder from further injury. May have to rely on the running game.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

How typically 'Pats-fan' to hear of a shoulder injury to an underwhelming rival QB and then to make the 'logical' leap that he'll suddenly morph into Pennington 2.0 :D

If anything this disclosure will put Sanchez at greater risk vs the Bears - they smell blood after crushing a limping, 'heroic' BrettFavre last week.

Last edited:
How typically 'Pats-fan' to hear of a shoulder injury to an underwhelming rival QB and then to make the 'logical' leap that he'll suddenly morph into Pennington 2.0 :D

If anything this disclosure will put Sanchez at greater risk vs the Bears - they smell blood after crushing a limping, 'heroic' BrettFavre last week.

He will never be as good as Pennington.

If he would just stop that throwing like a girl style, his shoulder would be fine

Hate to see the Jets sign a QB to replace him.

Last edited:
If this were Manning, I'd say that he got that tear while attempting to throw his O-Line and receivers under the bus.

Everything helps, if the jets lose this week it doesnt matter what the patriots do from this point forward, they could get blown away in both buffalo and against miami and still be the #1 seed.

I don't see him being Sancheze being around a long time, i think hes fragile. Ive only seen him play a few games (obviously he hasn't been around long) but from what ive seen when he gets sacked he often comes up hurting. In the last pats and rats game he got sacked and was on the side line holding his jaw, in last weeks game he got sacked and i could tell something was wrong after wards, (maybe it was the shoulder) any ways neither sack looked that violent.

Last edited:
if Brady took some of the shots that Sanchez took i bet he would be hurting too, brady has alot more experience as a QB though, he knows how to go down and take a sack, plus the NE O-line is keeping brady fairly safe lately, that jets O-line seems like it has some huge holes.

Everything helps, if the jets lose this week it doesnt matter what the patriots do from this point forward, they could get blown away in both buffalo and against miami and still be the #1 seed.

Even if we are sitting starters I wouldn't be happy to see them get blown out by anybody.

if Brady took some of the shots that Sanchez took i bet he would be hurting too, brady has alot more experience as a QB though, he knows how to go down and take a sack, plus the NE O-line is keeping brady fairly safe lately, that jets O-line seems like it has some huge holes.
Sorry haven't seen sancheze take the shots brady has. There were a few times against the packers that i brady could have gotten hurt. I haven't seen sancheze get sacked all that often, hes a slippery charecter.

Last edited:
I know the exactl play he hurt it on......sanchez tried to strong-arm a steelers LB on a bootleg........the LB grabbed his arm and pulled back behind sanchez......and sanchez went down.......

the way he plays, he just won't last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back