PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

San Fran's Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolaksycks

Rookie
Reaction score
Serious question for more knowledgable fellow fans about the college game. (or potential trades)

If this pick is in the top 5, can you tell me specific scenarios including the player/players we may get by using this draft pick, or trading this pick for 2 number ones, or even trading it for a pick and a current NFL player. Very curious who we might have to build this thing up even more next year.

I doubt they will trade it for an NFL player. The best way to build a team is through the draft. If they are in the top 5, their aren't too many teams that will have the ammunution to move up into the top 5. The only team that comes to mind is Dallas. But as long as Clevleand keeps winning, the value of the pick drops and tougher for New England to take that trade. I believe that the Pats will try to trade out for multiple picks but won't find many suitors because teams that are willing to move up would have to give up picks to the Pats and then pay their draft pick lots of money. I predict the Pats will only be able to move down a few slots but stay in the top 10. Players they may target include:

DE Chris Long
DE Cailis Campbell
RB Darren McFadden
LB James Laurenitis
LB Dan Conner

Last edited:
I doubt they will trade it for an NFL player. The best way to build a team is through the draft. If they are in the top 5, their aren't too many teams that will have the ammunution to move up into the top 5. The only team that comes to mind is Dallas. But as long as Clevleand keeps winning, the value of the pick drops and tougher for New England to take that trade. I believe that the Pats will try to trade out for multiple picks but won't find many suitors because teams that are willing to move up would have to give up picks to the Pats and then pay their draft pick lots of money. I predict the Pats will only be able to move down a few slots but stay in the top 10. Players they may target include:

DE Chris Long
DE Cailis Campbell
RB Darren McFadden
LB James Laurenitis
LB Dan Conner

Campbell is the guy out of those five I'm most interested in. He has off the charts potential as a hybrid DE/OLB type. I think Laurinaitis and Conner are probably a bit high as top 5 picks. The other guy I think that deserves to be on the list is Jake Long, the tackle from Michigan. I still think the most likely scenario is a trade, though.

I don't think the Patriots will trade for multiple picks. We have too many players now. If anything, they'll take the picks they have now and try to condense them to move up to get their guy or trade away picks until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes