PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

San Diego is Going to Win today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt a little bad for Philip Rivers, who seems like a talented and hard-working QB handed a bit of a raw deal. (Would even Tom Brady have become Tom Brady with Norv Turner as his coach?)

Here's to Rivers earning the respect he deserves this afternoon.

For the most part, Rivers has been surrounded by very good talent. He has a lifetime record of 70-42 and his career stats are excellent. I don't feel that badly for him. Norv may not be the best HC ever but I actually think he has a pretty good offensive mind.

With that said though, what if Tom landed somewhere else besides Foxboro? I mean, he totally lucked out here. He got a year to learn, build his body up, got great coaching a great HC and owner that believed in him (by paying and playing him). With that said though, Tom created the opportunity here for himself. I mean, he has talent (obviously). Would that have really shone through at another organization? The world will never know.:D

I'm leaning toward this outcome.

Yep it's really hard to say the Chargers will win when the greatest offense(statistically) in NFL history is at home, their weapons are healthy, and playing with a QB with a chocker label I don't see how the Broncos lose. Although it wouldn't shock me if the Chargers win either.

From your lips....

One dog has to win this weekend, right?

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I believe we got a heckuva draw with Indy and their leaky defense while Denver has to battle SD the more complete team. Not only is SD the tougher draw this week but they have also had Manning's number.

So says the media anyway. However, IND gave up fewer yards, fewer points and had more take always than SD. IND gave up fewer ppg than NE.

I can already see the Luck excuses from the media. Just like the fact that Manning had several top 5 defenses that nobody mentions. Indy's defense was a big reason they were in the playoffs, and was the best defense in the AFC statistically of the 4 teams that played this week.

CBS taking Peyton ballwashing to an entirely new level right now. It's really unbelievable.

I think the thought of Brady/Pats being in the next round, and potentially having to play them next, is in Manning's head a little bit. I'm glad we got to play first this weekend.

CBS taking Peyton ballwashing to an entirely new level right now. It's really unbelievable.

Good thing I stayed on Fox til the game starts ha

I think the thought of Brady/Pats being in the next round, and potentially having to play them next, is in Manning's head a little bit. I'm glad we got to play first this weekend.

I can't imagine he would have been thrilled with Luck & the Colts, either. No-win situation there.

If San Diego can hang in there until the 4th quarter they'll have a good shot. The wind will play a factor today in the passing game.

I mentioned to my wife before the Pats game last night, if it ended up as Patriots/Broncos, how much would blowing that 28-0 lead earlier this season play into their minds.

As much as I want SD to pull this off, I just can't see it happening. Manning at home will just be too much. We can fully expect a trip out to Denver next Sunday.

As much as I want SD to pull this off, I just can't see it happening. Manning at home will just be too much. We can fully expect a trip out to Denver next Sunday.

That wind looked nasty. Manning better get all those ducks he throws out of his system during warm ups.

Andrew Luck throws a beautiful deep ball, but he has become too much of a Brett Favre-gunslinger this season, with not enough defense or running game. Many of those plays were into tight windows, and not many were a result of YAC. I'll trade 4 pass plays of over 30 yards for 4 turnovers and 14 points off of turnovers. Manning doesn't have the arm to throw the deep ball, and unless the Pats give up a ton of YAC. If the Pats can tackle and keep the YAC reasonable, I don't see Manning being able to go deep consistently on us.

That's actually a good point. Looking back at the YAC, three of those plays were for just 5 YAC, and then 0 on the other. The most they gave up in terms of big plays of over 30 all season was three, so obviously last night was the most they've allowed in terms of big plays. Hopefully that doesn't happen next week regardless of who they play.

Last edited:
I hope the chargers win. I think Philip is awesome as a player and role model. Hopefully they send Manning Packing. Nothing personal against Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back