PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

San Diego Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of them obviously, I hate generalizing. What I should have said is that Chargers fans on messageboards are like this for the most part. Obviously there are exceptions.

I think this part here is where you'd make your money. By and large people in general don't know a whole lot about football. Not saying that I know more than anyone else out there, but, I did play college ball and I was on the staff (DC & AHFC) one of the more successful HS football teams in San Diego for 12 years. What I see often times are people that want SO badly for their team to do well, that their "fandom" (is that a word, even?) blinds them.

Sure, I'm a fan of the Chargers, have been ever since I can remember... I recall sitting in the livingroom watching Fouts, Muncie, Joiner, Winslow, Jefferson, Lowe and all those guys break my heart... but, I'm also a realist. Being that the Chargers were as banged up as they were, I didn't really think they had much of a shot. A lot... and I mean A LOT had to happen today for the Chargers to win. They had a few chances, but, they didn't capitalize on them today... and we found out, as did the Jags, that you can't beat the Pats kicking FG's.

Anyways.. back to the point of the thread. You're going to find internet badasses and know it alls on every board, so to presume that ALL Chargerfans are being represented by those that post to a board... well, it'd be akin to a foreigner thinking we're all backwards assed dipshytes just because of who our President is.

Anyways... Congrats on a well-earned victory today, Patsfan. I do indeed hope your boys go on and keep the Lombardi in the AFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back