PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

San Diego Columnist Chat Transcript with several Pats mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not for a second suggesting Waters and Siler can step right in. They're draft picks.

You called them "monster ILBs" a few pages ago. That implies you think that not only will they step right in, but they'll dominate.

I'm not sure where I read an article about Adalius Thomas when he was with the Ravens last year, he was the only person to keep Antonio Gates and LaDainian Tomlinson in check during their game.
If someone could find the article I'd be appreciative.

I'm not sure where I read an article about Adalius Thomas when he was with the Ravens last year, he was the only person to keep Antonio Gates and LaDainian Tomlinson in check during their game.
If someone could find the article I'd be appreciative.
Antonio Gates wasn't that significant a factor in the playoff game, whether that can be duplicated this Fall, we'll have to wait and see.

This thead is ****ing hilarious to read. Bolts-in-the-head is delusional.

"Coaching changes don't matter because the game is about execution and players execute, not coaches." :bricks:

"Our two new rook ILBs won't need any time to transition into the system despite the fact they haven't played a 3-4 and in fact they'll dominate." :bricks:

"Moss, Stallworth, Washington and Welker aren't an upgrade over Caldwell, Gaffney, Jackson, and Brown." :bricks:

LMAO!!

You can count on one hand the number of coaches in the NFL that are actually worse than Normy. I didn't think the Chargers could get worse in the coaching department by firing Marty but alas they did.
Hey Bolts-in-the-ass. If Normy is such a good coach why is it that he sucked the pole in Oakland and in DC before that. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Gayders suck when he was their coach?

Gotta go pretty quick here cos I'm under home pressure right now. Here's the bottom line. The team could give an F about how the message is being presented. That's not the point. The TEAM knows it didn't do what it needed to do last game. If you're suggesting our current staff doesn't know enough to put us in a position to win? That's just pure malarkey. Did Marty's staff put us in a position to win? Of course the staff did. They also F'd up but that's beside the point.

The point is our team DOES have the talent and ability to get it done. We just need to execute. Execution is about players NOT staff. We know this...

Talent SMALENT. It doens't mean ANYTHING if the players are a TEAM. And San Diego is NOT a team. That is what you don't understand. And you clearly have no concept of how management changes affect the people working for them. So, you have NO POINT. As you've shown through out this thread.

Hmm. 1st of all, what Beli says is not the gospel. Seriously. Doesn't matter when he said it. Doesn't matter what he thinks. Sacks DO matter. Always. As usual when you get a sack is the key. Getting a sack in the 1st qtr is one thing. Getting a sack when the opposing team is on your 30 and time is winding down is another. Now, if BB isn't putting serious emphasis on that area? Not to say that he's a dumbarse but? I have to chalk it up to your teams inability top do so. Keep thinking sacks don't matter.
You have serious reading comprehension issues. I never said that sacks don't matter. I said they were over-rated. And BB happens to be one of the best coaches ALL TIME so what he says carries 1000 times more weight than an ignorant fool like yourself who doesn't know much about football or human psychology.

So you think that because NE passed on Siler he's a bust? That's abject homerism at it's finest.

I think Siler is a bust because he's got an attitude problem and doesn't have half the talent he thinks he does. Again with the reading comprehension. But you'de rather lie and make things up than actually deal with what is presented.

I'm not for a second suggesting Waters and Siler can step right in. They're draft picks. Criminey! The question is do they have the ability to PUSH Wilhelm and Dobbins to be the best they can be? Answer is? Ya. They do. Nuff' said.

Go back and re-read your own posts. You damn well DID suggest they could step in right away with your boasting of getting "2 AWESOME ILBS" in the draft.

With regard to our core what I suggested still stands. We ARE all coming back. Wilhelm and Dobbins played many downs last year. They're ready. As a NE fan what I would be thinking about is? Does this now mean we can actually run on SD? Heheh, we all know that's exactly what EVERYONE is thinking. C'mon? That's absolutely the very FIRST thing the NE staff is thinking about. If I know this? We ALL know this. Bring it!

You've already shown you you are clueless so it comes as no surprise that you think your whole core is coming back. You lost 2 MAIN STARTERS at a position critical to the 3-4 being successful and you think that everything is going to be all hunkey dorey.

As for NE being able to run on SD. It will happen. If they decide to use that as their game plan. It will happen.

If you rip us a new A hole I'll just have to go ahead and say - fair enough? The better team won? Lets focus on how to improve.

Sure you will. My guess is that you disappear like all the other know nothings who have come and gone.

You have serious reading comprehension issues. I never said that sacks don't matter. I said they were over-rated. And BB happens to be one of the best coaches ALL TIME so what he says carries 1000 times more weight than an ignorant fool like yourself who doesn't know much about football or human psychology.

I think Siler is a bust because he's got an attitude problem and doesn't have half the talent he thinks he does. Again with the reading comprehension. But you'de rather lie and make things up than actually deal with what is presented.

Go back and re-read your own posts. You damn well DID suggest they could step in right away with your boasting of getting "2 AWESOME ILBS" in the draft.

You've already shown you you are clueless so it comes as no surprise that you think your whole core is coming back. You lost 2 MAIN STARTERS at a position critical to the 3-4 being successful and you think that everything is going to be all hunkey dorey.

As for NE being able to run on SD. It will happen. If they decide to use that as their game plan. It will happen.

Sure you will. My guess is that you disappear like all the other know nothings who have come and gone.
I deal just fine with whatever is presented and I'll continue to. My reading comprehension isn't the issue here.

You thinking Siler doesn't have half the ability he thinks he does means nothing. What? You fancy yourself some sort of "bust" guru? Apparently you have an extremely high opinion of yourself. Pfft, so what?

I'm not gonna allow this to degenerate into a flame war. So I'm done with you on this. Time will tell who knows what.

I'm not gonna allow this to degenerate into a flame war. So I'm done with you on this. Time will tell who knows what.
Wow. Are you really that slow. You are not going to allow it to degenerate into a flame war? Sorry to break it to you but that horse is allready out of the barn.

No. Incorrect. I do know enough about the game to say that when you're operating as a unit with ONE common goal? None of that crap matters. No. What matters is executing when you get the op and winning. That's it. Period. End of story.
Are you suggesting that the HC doesn't really matter all that much and anyone off the street....say yourself could coach this team to the SB?:confused:

I deal just fine with whatever is presented and I'll continue to. My reading comprehension isn't the issue here.

You thinking Siler doesn't have half the ability he thinks he does means nothing. What? You fancy yourself some sort of "bust" guru? Apparently you have an extremely high opinion of yourself. Pfft, so what?

Everything I read on Siler before the draft had me believing the Pats would take him at some point, but when Belichick never made that move, I will take his word that Siler wasn't worth the pick. Then again, he'll be playing for the extremely, almighty talented Bolts who win games simply by getting dressed and scaring other teams away.

:singing: I guess the Pats didn't get that memo prior to their playoff game.:D

No, you don't deal just fine with what is presented and yes, your reading comprehension IS an issue. You totally butchered what I was referring to. You went off on the tangent of trying to say that SD was a TEAM and that it wouldn't matter how many touches LT or MT got. The reality is that I was referring to how the players and coaches would handle the differences in personalities on all levels.

I fancy myself a FAN who has a lot more knowledge than you do. And its not just MYSELF who thinks that Siler doesn't have a ton of ability. LOTS of people thought that. Just because you can't be bothered to read anything other than SD Homer garbage, it doesn't mean that the garbage is actually reality.

You don't have to worry about it degenerating into a "flame war" as long as you start reading what is stated and stop making thinks up.

No, you don't deal just fine with what is presented and yes, your reading comprehension IS an issue. You totally butchered what I was referring to. You went off on the tangent of trying to say that SD was a TEAM and that it wouldn't matter how many touches LT or MT got. The reality is that I was referring to how the players and coaches would handle the differences in personalities on all levels.

I fancy myself a FAN who has a lot more knowledge than you do. And its not just MYSELF who thinks that Siler doesn't have a ton of ability. LOTS of people thought that. Just because you can't be bothered to read anything other than SD Homer garbage, it doesn't mean that the garbage is actually reality.

You don't have to worry about it degenerating into a "flame war" as long as you start reading what is stated and stop making thinks up.
Fair enough. I don't think I've made stuff up but I don't wanna argue about it. Lets move on shall we?

i live in san diego and everything written and everything on the airwaves is homer garbage. that's why charger fan thought they had that playoff game in the bag. they didn't realize the games are actually played on the field. the press out here blows sunshine up these girls' skirts.

Last edited:
i live in san diego and everything written and everything on the airwaves is homer garbage. that's why charger fan thought they had that playoff game in the bag. they didn't realize the games are actually played on the field. the press out here blows sunshine up these girls' skirts.
That's not true. We knew we were playing against the 3 time SB champs and that the game was definitely going to be hard fought. We did believe we could win but that's a lot different from thinking it's "in the bag." If a team doesn't believe it can win then... What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back