PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Samuels = PISSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxJock1120

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Okay so I figured a NON-Thomas thead was in order. Does anyone else think that Asante is boiling with rage right now as the Clemens deal is being announced? I hope we won't pull a Deion on us.

Dude, his name is not SAMUELS! It's Samuel. Stop butchering his name.

Okay so I figured a NON-Thomas thead was in order. Does anyone else think that Asante is boiling with rage right now as the Clemens deal is being announced? I hope we won't pull a Deion on us.

I think you don't know how to spell his name for starters.

Is there any reason for this thread?

Pissed that he's making $7.79 million (or more) after only one year where he was the clear number one?

Well he's free to make his own deal and get the team to trade a #1 pick for him. Now that he's clearly the top CB on the market, the ball's in his court to find a deal he thinks is worthy of him.

Is that a fact? If so reveal source; if not pose it as a question...With so much going on we dont know if it's breaking news or opinion.

everyone seems to get his name wrong
i used to always spell it assante
i guess it woulda been right if he was bein an a**, lol
but yeah why do so many ppl say samuels
and its clements
not roger clemens
not matt clement
not roberto clemente
clements

i remember mgteich always used to say mcguinest
God, that pissed me off

Holding out under the franchise tag is not the same thing as when you are under contract. I would be pretty surprised if he showed up for camp.

as for the question you proposed
ill help u out here and actually admit this thought entered my mind

thing is, he should be happy
it gives him more chances to make plays and cash in next yr
the better our front seven is, the more chances he'll have to make plays

I think you don't know how to spell his name for starters.

Is there any reason for this thread?

Yeah there's a reason for the thread, to ask a question. I I know that probably went right over your head. Make sure to check my posts for spelling. Did you get mollested by your grammar teacher or something.

Yeah there's a reason for the thread, to ask a question. I I know that probably went right over your head. Make sure to check my posts for spelling. Did you get mollested by your grammar teacher or something.
It's not mollested.

Dude, his name is not SAMUELS! It's Samuel. Stop butchering his name.

I am guilty of that as well. Not sure why but I always type and say Samuels. I notice it some of the time but I have no explanation for this phenomenon.

So needless to say....

I feel his pain. :cool:

I am guilty of that as well. Not sure why but I always type and say Samuels. I notice it some of the time but I have no explanation for this phenomenon.

So needless to say....

I feel his pain. :cool:

Yo seriously, I dunno why people complain so much about that stuff, you got the point, you understand the player being refered to. I guess people always need a reason to b!tch.

Yo seriously, I dunno why people complain so much about that stuff, you got the point, you understand the player being refered to. I guess people always need a reason to b!tch.

Spelling errors occur and are easily forgiven. But misleading thread titles sucketh the big one.

I think Asante Samuel is such a cool name. So is Adalius Thomas.

Last edited:
I think he is annoyed by it but if you look at this way he is guaranteed 7.? million this season without doing anything other than signing his name. If he performs to a similar level next year he will be a FA again and either the Pats will have drafted his replacement and let him go or tag him again. Guaranting him another 8-9 mil, meaning he will either get the big FA contract (that he wanted this year) or at a minimum he is guaranteed himself at least 18 mil over two seasons - which will match or come close to matching the money guaranteed to the "biggest" FA's from this year and next.

He shouldn't be upset by this in the least. He should get annoyed if it happens 3 years in a row for a multitude of reasons, but not for a year or two.

Last edited:

lol agreed, I honestly dont practice my grammar on messageboards. stream of conciousness writing baby! anyways, i dont think Samuel will be too pissed because he is going to get his contract anyways this year or next year. plus he is getting alot more then last year.

Spelling errors occur and are easily forgiven. But misleading thread titles sucketh the big one.

How is it misleading? I mean isn't it pretty obvious that this is gonna be an opinion thread. I don't think you will get a link to Asante throwing a fit about not being able to rake in the big bucks on the free agent market. But I guess I see your point, I din't really think about it that way.

I think he is annoyed by it but if you look at this way he is guaranteed 7.? million this season without doing anything other than signing his name. If he performs to a similar level next year he will be a FA again and either the Pats will have drafted his replacement and let him go or tag him again guaranting him another 8-9 mil. Meaning he will either get the big FA contract or at a minimum guaranteed himself the 18 mil over two seasons which will match or come close to the money guaranteed to the "biggest" FA's from this year and next.

He shouldn't be upset by this in the least. He should get annoyed if it happens 3 years in a row for a multitude of reasons but not for a year or two.

I dunno Branch didn't seem to take to kindly to the idea of being tagged.

I think he is annoyed by it but if you look at this way he is guaranteed 7.? million this season without doing anything other than signing his name. If he performs to a similar level next year he will be a FA again and either the Pats will have drafted his replacement and let him go or tag him again guaranting him another 8-9 mil. Meaning he will either get the big FA contract or at a minimum guaranteed himself the 18 mil over two seasons which will match or come close to the money guaranteed to the "biggest" FA's from this year and next.

He shouldn't be upset by this in the least. He should get annoyed if it happens 3 years in a row for a multitude of reasons but not for a year or two.

What he said.

Better front seven. Better pressure. More picks. Mo money.

That sounds good.

I would love to get the chance to hold out on over 7 million. Jeez. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back