Welcome to PatsFans.com

Samuel Tidbit/Pet Peeve of Mine

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Miguel, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Wasn't he like a 5 or 6th round pick, it is what it is a rookie contract...he is a good find...so what?? If we did not develop him, he may have just missed the opportunity completely...never understand how people are ungrateful when given a golden opportunity...
  4. Pat_Nasty

Pat_Nasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

See, the part that cracks me up is how many members of the media praised Warren for giving the Pats a hometown discount, ignoring the fact that the reason he was in a much easier position to do so is because his rookie contract was worth ~10 times what Samuel's was. In fact, Warren received more as a signing bonus than Samuel did in his entire contract, I believe. [Am I right, mig?]

This is funny, because on one hand, these media guys always write a few articles in the slow summer months bemoaning the ridiculous contracts that 1st round picks get, meanwhile, they're forgetting to factor the results of these imbalance in pay grade when discussing negotiations of draft classes a few years past.

Guys like Samuel + Branch were looking for their first big payday like the ones Warren + Seymour got day 1.
  5. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

4th round.
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Not only that, but with the Franchise tag he's getting paid quite a sum of money this year. People look at the Franchise tag like it's chicken feed when it's the cream of the crop money. But NOT ENOUGH to some...ungrateful is a good word here.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  7. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Miguel...Any idea where the "media" is getting the $460K from?? I see you have USA today as the source..but I wonder where you their figures are coming from...missing the escalaters?? The NFLPA site OR?? I wonder because obviously the source is not the best.