PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Samuel looking for a deal similar to Bly's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
He excels in man and can't play the cover two worth ****e. Which is why it was so loltastic when the Skins tried to get him, since they play cover two as well. The Broncos play man a lot, so he'll hopefully do better here.

But getting Asante for a Bly type contract would be an absolute steal for you guys. Clements got his enormous contract, and Samuel is definitely on his level, I'd certainly be asking for a lot more then what Bly got. The Pats have a good FO, so I'm sure you will get the best value for Samuel, be it in a trade or a contract.

I don't believe the Skins play the cover 2. In fact that was the problem with Archuleta because he is a cover 2 safety.

Apparently no one told Asante that he's supposed to piss and moan that he should be the highest-paid corner in the league, and that his family needs to eat.

Seriously, reasonable contract demands in pro sports throw me off.

He excels in man and can't play the cover two worth ****e. Which is why it was so loltastic when the Skins tried to get him, since they play cover two as well. The Broncos play man a lot, so he'll hopefully do better here.

But getting Asante for a Bly type contract would be an absolute steal for you guys. Clements got his enormous contract, and Samuel is definitely on his level, I'd certainly be asking for a lot more then what Bly got. The Pats have a good FO, so I'm sure you will get the best value for Samuel, be it in a trade or a contract.

I thought Bly was good in Lovie Smith's tampa 2 when he played for the Rams? That's when he was at his best. The Lions had mike Martz, and others as well, and were playing Tampa 2/cover 2 defense. He started having problems and putting up lessor numbers, because he's not as good anymore. I think he's actually overrated right now, when you consider ESPN, and all the Broncos fan's make him out to be some type of all pro shutdown corner, and now their secondary will be almost impossible to throw against. Broncos fan's will learn the hard way, he's not on that level anymore. He's still a good, just not on that level.

Last edited:
Incentives!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back