PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Watkins not playing on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

I don't know if it was even considered likely that he would play, so it's news to me at least.

I don't know if it was even considered likely that he would play, so it's news to me at least.

Wonder if that's the point of Reiss' unusual-for-him clumsy tweet talking about a significant development from Rex and not saying what it is.

Shady McCoy is in for a looooong day.

Big blow for them. Key on McCoy and don't let their QB run.
Need to shutdown the outside runs, in particular by both McCoy and Taylor. I'm confident in our DTs and LBs ability to prevent anything meaningful from developing inside.

Pats should deploy the same defense they used against the Cardinals......don't give up anything deep

so far this year, 1/3 of their passing yards have come on 2 plays

Pats should deploy the same defense they used against the Cardinals......don't give up anything deep

so far this year, 1/3 of their passing yards have come on 2 plays
I think they were even more deep-oriented against the Texans.

expected

im sure no news for BB

the problem for bills @NE is Salas is also out and Clay banged up
Goodwin rec. 3/10

Woods and Powell did come in nicely but as main targets its gonna be tough on them
_

the bigger picture problem for Bills is that this W injury doesnt seem to go away
Looking at Hogan in Pats outfit is sure going to be a sore sight

Last I heard his foot injury was strictly pain management and he was going to try to play through it for the rest of the season, so I'd say this is news. I wonder if the pain is too much or if that initial diagnosis was wrong.

Let's see if Chris Long will continue his hot start. While his sack numbers aren't eye-popping he's been getting pressure on a frequent basis.

Yeah, Long through 3 games is a textbook example of why sacks aren't enough to evaluate edge rushers. Impacts a lot of plays that don't end in sacks for him. Once Ninkovich is back I bet the sacks will come in greater frequency.

There is gonna be alotttta blitzing on Sunday.

image.png

Pretty *****in bold prediction btw. ;)

We were likely going to play a lot of zone anyway, as is often the case when we face a "running" QB, though Tyrod is not a frequent runner, so I don't know if this is big news for the match up. His loss hurts the Bills more than it helps us. Has Watkins ever had a big game/impact against NE anyway?

We were likely going to play a lot of zone anyway, as is often the case when we face a "running" QB, though Tyrod is not a frequent runner, so I don't know if this is big news for the match up. His loss hurts the Bills more than it helps us. Has Watkins ever had a big game/impact against NE anyway?

He took off once every 4 dropbacks. He's not a wishbone QB but he'll most likely take off before he hits his 3rd or 4th option.

For comparison, Wilson was a rush every 6 dropbacks.

Big, but not surprising, loss for Buffalo. Watkins has been very good during those rare games where he was healthy enough to play.

Rex Ryan has had some success against us when we are injured but when at Full Strength it's a Mismatch I expect us to win going away Sunday rain or shine...*hope for no injuries*.

Who is left at WR for them with Salas and Watkins out?? Goodwin, Woods and ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back