PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Morris visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWelker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Morris visits

In addition to tight end Kyle Brady, the Patriots hosted running back Sammy Morris on a free-agent visit today at Gillette Stadium.

The 6-foot, 218-pound Morris enters his eighth season in 2007. He has played for the Bills (2000-2003) and Dolphins (2004-2006), appearing in 94 career games (23 starts).

Morris also drew interest from the Patriots in 2004 when he was a free agent. He is versatile, contributing in the running game, passing game and on special teams.

The Patriots currently have Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk and Heath Evans under contract at running back.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Morris visits

In addition to tight end Kyle Brady, the Patriots hosted running back Sammy Morris on a free-agent visit today at Gillette Stadium.

The 6-foot, 218-pound Morris enters his eighth season in 2007. He has played for the Bills (2000-2003) and Dolphins (2004-2006), appearing in 94 career games (23 starts).

Morris also drew interest from the Patriots in 2004 when he was a free agent. He is versatile, contributing in the running game, passing game and on special teams.

The Patriots currently have Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk and Heath Evans under contract at running back.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I think these guys both could be decent low level FA signees that are typical of the vets the pats like to target. they are versatile and both should be hungry for rings.

Wouldn't be a terrible pickup. I'd still rather they found Dillon's replacement via the draft. Sammy's got some miles on him.

The other Patrick Pass.

This is the first time I can remember them hosting two UFAs so

quickly. Let's hope it is a good omen.

I think these guys both could be decent low level FA signees that are typical of the vets the pats like to target. they are versatile and both should be hungry for rings.

Agree. I'd be pumped if we got either or both of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes