PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Morris re-signed to 1-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well, we'll have some competition at RB. Can't see him making the team.

Last edited:
How does this make sense? There's BJGE, Woodhead, Vereen, Ridley and now Morris again? How are these guy supposed to be implemented into a gameplan? We have enough RBs to start a breakdancing team.

Did not see that coming. this means Faulks retiring? I thought he'd surely get a look in.

WTF?... 0.0001% of making the team..........

He was borderline useless the end of the season, while Fred Taylor was useless.

Last edited:
Averaged 2.8 yards per carry last season over a total of 56 yards gained for the season.

Take that you stupid Jets! Wahoo!

Why? Not that it matters but it seems kind of pointless to bring him back. Maybe he can teach the rooks something in camp?

Last edited:
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

If the rooks impress, he gets cut early for a chance to land elsewhere. If they struggle, he hangs around. Insurance.

With a shortened training camp, there's a greater risk for injuries and also a tougher road for rookies to make an impact. It never hurts to have competition in camp that knows the system.

The rookies have shown nothing, as of now. Faulk is coming off major surgery. The team can sign 90 players for camp. It's a one year deal.

No problem here

No harm bringing in vets with experience to camp. The only way he makes the roster is injuries and he can show the young RB's how they go about their business. BJGE still has to be signed as does Faulk, right now Woodhead is the only back under contract.

If the rooks impress, he gets cut early for a chance to land elsewhere. If they struggle, he hangs around. Insurance.

Exactly what I thought!

They don't know how well the rookies will pick it up!

Morris was #4 in ST teams tackles, even with his injuries.

I don't know how many of the ST unit he played on, likely 4-6.

We could do a lot worse with our #5 RB spot. Morris won't be expected to take anything but emergency reps, but he can if he has to. He'll probably be on the short yardage team also, until Ridley is ready.

I don't see the downside to using the #5 rb spot for someone who Belichick is already comfortable with. He seems a perfect one year transition to the rookies.

BOTTOM LINE
Belichick is the best in the league in getting value from the players zat the bottom of the roster. Morris as the #5 running back shows that.

looks like we are going to run a power offense with 5 OL, 2TE, 1QB and 3 RBs all in at the same time. who needs receivers. maybe we will put edelman at QB and run some sort of option offense

I sure hope it's very cap friendly. Does he really have a chance of making the team?

looks like we are going to run a power offense with 5 OL, 2TE, 1QB and 3 RBs all in at the same time. who needs receivers. maybe we will put edelman at QB and run some sort of option offense

All part of the strategy to take Revis and Asomugha out of the game.

Most would be in love with the move if it was faulk. While faulk means more to us fans than morris I see this being as beneficial. Morris does a lot between sts, pass protection, receiving and running and he can pass that onto the kids. I am ok with bringing faulk back too though clearly there is only room for 5 on the 53 maybe only 4 but 6 is good in camp Faulk and Morris would need to know injuries aside one would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots