PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Morris Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Through the first three games of the regular season, running back Sammy Morris has been a backup in name only — the veteran has posted 151 rushing yards, second on the team behind starter (and neighbor) Laurence Maroney, and has a pair of touchdowns. He spoke about his role on the team, hos relationship with [...]

More...

It's funny how when any Patriot speaks I can close my eyes and pretend it's Belichick giving those answers. Put everyone on that team in a room and ask them the same question, and I bet you get pretty much the same answer out of all of them.

Last edited:
He's become really good at picking up on how things are done in a really short time. However, I did think the stuff about playing ball control this week is a pretty good indicator that they're going to be leaning heavier on the running game Monday than they have in the first three weeks of the season.

He's become really good at picking up on how things are done in a really short time. However, I did think the stuff about playing ball control this week is a pretty good indicator that they're going to be leaning heavier on the running game Monday than they have in the first three weeks of the season.

Well, if things haven't improved significantly from last season, that may not make a ton of difference in the final score. ;)

Morris speaks like a true Belichick Patriot. I am glad he is on board.

However, I did think the stuff about playing ball control this week is a pretty good indicator that they're going to be leaning heavier on the running game Monday than they have in the first three weeks of the season.

Chris,

I think that that is an excellent idea from the coaching staff. Everyone can see how well New England can air it out. Everyone knows how well Brady can pick apart a defense, Now, taking and running the ball, if the Patriots can show a dominant ground game this weekend, and maybe next as well, it gives all sorts of problems for other teams to consider.

It's another example of the way the game is played on several levels, not just upon the field, but in the minds of the coaches, the scouts, the management and the press. Every move a team makes is done for a reason, and not always the one that seems obvious.

Respects,

I'll be the first to admit that when I heard the Pats signed Sammy Morris to a multi year deal, I gagged. "Sammy who to what?" :eek: Man, after seeing him through 3 weeks, I appologize Sammy. He's a very solid player.

Time for me to come clean. I was not impressed with him at all during the pre-season, he looked slow, tentative and out of synch.

Like an idiot fan I questioned his ability to be an effective #2 RB.

I was wrong.

He is more than just versatile. He is down right productive and is a great option in the passing game.

I'll be next to say that I questioned his signing, and am happily admitting how wrong I was.

Morris has been great, far exceeded everyone's expectations I believe...it's crazy to think that even with how amazing our passing offense has been, we still have one back on pace for 1300 yards and another for 800. You can't sleep on this rushing attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes