Welcome to PatsFans.com

Same-sex proponents target NH and Maine

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The homosexual "rights" movement marches on, seeking to legitimatize same-sex relations all across America. Their goal of capturing all six New England states by the year 2012 is in full-court press, even as we speak.

[size=+4]Maine, N.H. new gay marriage front[/size]
    [size=+2]Legislative steps build confidence after other wins[/size]

By Valerie Richardson (Contact) | Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gay marriage advocates are looking to New Hampshire and Maine as the next states likely to approve same-sex marriage laws after this month's string of legislative and court victories in New England and the nation's heartland.

On Monday, same-sex couples were allowed to legally wed in Iowa after the state Supreme Court in early April ruled in favor of such marriages. That decision was followed by the District of Columbia's City Council voting to recognize same-sex marriages from other states and the Vermont General Assembly voting to legalize gay marriages.

New Hampshire and Maine are now at the top of the list in the fight for gay marriage, with New Hampshire's House narrowly approving a same-sex marriage bill last month and a Maine Legislature committee holding a hearing last week on the issue that drew a crowd of more than 4,000 people, mostly gay marriage supporters.

Maine, N.H. new gay marriage front - Washington Times

//
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

It's amazing to think that in the early 1990s, only half of Americans approved of interracial marriage. In our great country, those who oppose civil rights are alway on the losing side of history. That said, gays still have a lot of enemies.

Most Americans Approve of Interracial Marriages

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Patters, that's like comparing acorns to unicorns. People cannot help what color their skin is, but EVERYBODY can control whom they love in a sexual way. Wake up! Sex is chosen, not pre-determined.

It's terrific that people have changed dramatically in the way they (we) view inter-racial relations. Absolutely the way of the future. And you can thank Father Moon for that in a large way because he has been the chief proponent of "cross-cultural marriage blessings" for the last 50 years. Praise God for truly progressive thinking!!!!

:singing:.............................:singing:

//
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Did you ever think that you happen to be one of those people who could can to be gay or straight? Most people can't choose. If they're born straight, they stay straight. If they're born gay, they stay gay. Not everyone is bisexual.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think there is a difference though. Today there are a lot of people who may be ok with "marriage" in legal terms but still define marriage in spiritual terms and maybe even natural terms as between one man and one woman........a difference best illusrated by our own President of the United States who believes that. It almost goes without saying that he is black and grew up in our great country observing the disapproval of interacial marriage and yet he still belives that is between one man and one woman
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, you're wrong, Patters. Sex is ALWAYS a choice. The moment it stops being a free choice is the moment it becomes rape or seduction or taking advantage of someone ... all the same.

Man is made for woman, and woman is made for man; they fit together more elegantly, beautifully and naturally than a baseball into a glove or a key into a lock.

//
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

The same was true for interracial marriage. The Bible was a main source in the fight against interracial marriage. The argument was something like this: God created separate races to keep them separate, and then there are passages in the Bible (about Israelites not being allowed to marry people of other races, I think) that those who oppose interracial marriage cite. As far as Obama goes, I think he's for gay marriage, but took a different stand as a political necessity. He actually came out against Proposition 8 in CA to outlaw gay marriage.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

I Had Sex With A Vacum Cleaner Once, I Was About 67 Years Old, It Scared The Sh!t Out Of Me.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Sex is a choice. Homo and heterosexuality are not.

There are a great many configurations for both straight and gay people that work quite well, besides traditional intercourse.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

It is that Moon convex and concave thing, kinda like Mr. Rodgers that girls are pretty on the inside and boys are pretty on the outside.. it is all perverted thought..
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You missed my point a bit. I do think he's ok with gay marriage in legal terms. As hard as I try, I can't figure out why it's not believed possible for someone to genuinely have an opposing view on gay marriage without being labeled ignorant, bigoted or hateful, though many are just that. I think in some way you have to excuse Obama definition of marriage as a political trick, oh, I don't know why because he's too smart or good to really believe it. I've seen the same excuse for him praying in church by at least one member here.

I'll try and give a stab at explaining my take on it. While interracial marriage was largely opposed for racist reasons there was a lot of people that were looking at the social practicality of "jumping into it with both feet", much like the way Lincoln tried to govern in his presidency running up to and trying to avoid a civil war. For the longest time he said to the south to go ahead and keep your slaves, we're just not going to allow expansion to the west or north. For a while I think the opposition to gay marriage was/is similar, not to much, too fast, but that where the similarity ends for me anyway. Male and Female has always been the norm in nature for the vast majority of species. I can't figure it all out but the sex drive is so strong in nature that creatures will "love" anything. lol do you think dogs have a natural orientation to human legs? I'm not at all trying to compare gay relationships with that but I seriously think that gay relationships are more of a socially evolved occurrence than a natural one. I have yet to hear an argument that makes sense to me how gay sex and the resulting partner relationship (not necessarily in that order) is a natural, survival of a species instinct that all evolution requires. I hope that doesn't sound ignorant or hateful. I’m just a little confused by it all.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're doing a Bill Clinton parsing seminar. Sex is a choice ALWAYS, which means one may choose to have sex with whomever one wants, if both sides are willing. .... "willing"..... that's the operative term. You do what you will to do. Nobody else can tell you what to do; you do what YOU decide. If you willingly surrender to coercion, deception, or seduction, it is still YOUR choice. Believe lies at your own risk, but don't try to pawn them off onto others. That's just multiplication of evil. Twice as evil as just doing it yourself is to tempt others to do it also.

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't think Obama is in favor of homosex or homosex marriages. I think some people -- for obvious political reasons, to support their own pet legislation, ie, same-sex marriage recognition -- are trying to make it seem he supports it but deep down most black people are the same as most white people who are the same as most yellow people who are the same as most red people, which is: no racial group has ever favored homosex simply because it's the surest way to extinction: no children means the end of the line. No racial or ethnic group has ever supported homosex marriage. The stupidest thing ever concocted. Insane.

//
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The bottom line is that you have zero right to restrict the rights of people based on who they do or do not choose to have sex or fall in love with. Absolutely none, and there's no justification for it that does not also justify totalitarianism. It's quite perverse.

The argument of the nature of sexuality is entirely irrelevant. Whether it's a choice or it's nature you can't go around restricting rights for no good reason.

What's changed in MA after legalizing gay marriage? Nothing except that you've made 10% of the population happier. What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

In 10 years when half the states have legalized gay marriage you people who opposed it will be completely embarrassed. You already are in MA, since absolutely none of the doomsday scenarios have come to fruition. :ugh:
  15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Anybody has the right to protect themselves and others from the lies and deceptions that "people have no control" over their sex lives. Such is a bold-faced lie, as any person who has chosen celibacy will tell you. Sex is a ALWAYS a free choice; if it ever becomes coerced or seduced through false promises, then it is rape, and that is a most serious crime.

The world cannot afford same-sex relations. It destroys the very value of sex itself, which is supposed to be holy and most sacred. Cheapening sex to be a mere emotional "outlet", a means to self-gratification or mindless gratification of others' perverted desires, is to sow the seed of self-destruction, not just for one or two people, but for the entire culture and even the world population. That's totally unacceptable.

//
  17. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You're so completely full of it. There's no measurable damage to you, so you simply have no legitimate claim. There's no victim here, so you're simply justifying state sponsored repression.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Zero common ground. Race is never chosen; sexual relations are ALWAYS chosen. If sexual relations are not freely chosen, then there is rape involved, and rape is a very serious crime. In some societies rapists are executed. Sexual predators are the lowest of the low in all societies and cultures throughout history, except in those cultures that were in their last days' death throes, as in ancient Rome and Greece.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"No victim"??? Ask the people who have committed suicide because they were misled into believing their homosexual activities were "OK".

Same sex relations are contrary to life itself. Life simply does not continue through same sex relations, and thus it is a misuse of the most precious relationship a man and woman can ever have.

//
  20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Irrelevant. It's just an excuse you use to deny rights. The rights should be granted even if sexuality is chosen.

And rape? You're so out there. That's a separate crime that's already covered by the law! A complete non-starter. Do you think anything through, or do you just type? These people are willingly entering into a partnership. Get out of their lives unless you want them in yours.