PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Jets, They Haven't Improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Same Old Jets

yea but we beat the bills and that would have been a automatic entry so I don't get your logic?

You had to cheat to get to the playoffs.
(Jets got caught cheating this year*/jets fan logic)

You had to cheat to get to the playoffs.
(Jets got caught cheating this year*/jets fan logic)

That other guys logic is that we should not be in the playoffs because we lost the week we clinched. So I guess the Steelers should not be either, because the week they lost, they also clinched? And after I said that we beat the Bills anyway so it doesnt matter, he downplayed the win, making it seem like the Jets control the schedule they are given? :confused:

Im confused.

I guess when they lost to the bears and only got in because the Jags lost.... maybe thats why we feel that way.

Come on we are better than that! An 11 win team doesn't "Back" into the playoffs. So what if they clinched because the Jags lost that day. The Jags also lost on 6 other days. I mean where does it end? If team A beat team B in week 2 you wouldn't have been in.

Silly argument. Last year they backed in with 9 wins a gift wrapped victory over the Colts. This year not so much. Say whatever you like about how they won some of their games. But don't say they backed in with 11 wins.

Come on we are better than that! An 11 win team doesn't "Back" into the playoffs. So what if they clinched because the Jags lost that day. The Jags also lost on 6 other days. I mean where does it end? If team A beat team B in week 2 you wouldn't have been in.

Silly argument. Last year they backed in with 9 wins a gift wrapped victory over the Colts. This year not so much. Say whatever you like about how they won some of their games. But don't say they backed in with 11 wins.

yeah ok, you're right. :p

Finally someone I can actaully talk too..I was getting nervous :D. Exactly what I stated, last years was gift wrapped but they made the most of it, but they won 11 games this year againts everyones starters. The media prematurally claimed they backed in, and I guess some people bought into it

Whats even sadder than that are my memories of living in Southie back in the late '90s, walking around in a Chrebet Jersey and not getting any grief because nobody really cared about the Pats. I almost felt bad for Pete Carroll, Drew Bledsoe, and the rest of the fellas....I think Patriot Football was located somewhere in the collective conscience of Boston somewhere between BC Football and the Pawtucket Sox.

Are you here to talk football or just show us how numb you are?

The Pats have sold out every home game since 1994, but I can see how they didn't have any fans.

And since 1994 we have been in 6 AFC championship games and your team has made the playoff 7 times (including this season). So if we win on Sunday we will have played in 7 AFC championship games to your 7 playoff appearances.

Kind of silly to come and talk ****. But then again you are a Jets fan. :cool:

Finally someone I can actaully talk too..I was getting nervous :D. Exactly what I stated, last years was gift wrapped but they made the most of it, but they won 11 games this year againts everyones starters. The media prematurally claimed they backed in, and I guess some people bought into it

I like to keep things rational. And I enjoy when fans of other teams stop by and talk football, not ignorance and garbage (see Engine1 for an example).

I know its hard when it is these two teams. But with that said welcome.

tripping the dolphins gunner.. DUH ;)

were you not punished for that? How many years have you guys been forming sideline walls? All your accomplishments are now tarnished...wait you have no accomplishments.
/jets fan logic;)

Not sure you can consider it same old Jets..back to back playoff appearences with a young QB and new HC isnt bad. Jets havent had an 11 win season in a while (sadly). That being said, this isnt same old jets and it will be a tough game Sunday. Dont look for another blowout though :p
You didnt read what i said. I said that the jests haven't Improved as the season has gone by, but the patriots have. This isn't about the forty years since the jests won anything, this is about the last three months.

Last edited:

You had two dynamics going on back then

One- Tuna was coaching the Jets. At that point in time, he walked on water here- even after he left. In 1998 and even 1999, the Jets were a better run organization than the Pats. I know I was a bit jealous.

Two- By 1998 and 1999, folks were resigned to the fact that the Pats were in decline. The sentiment against Pete Carroll was swelling.

Not sure about what others say but Chrebet was a helluva player.

Don't be so wishey-washy to the lying Jets fan.

During the poster's alleged time in Southie, the neighborhood who didn't like Kraft for ethnic reasons and rejected his new stadium, Foxboro Stadium was sold out for every Patriots game. Sold out.

You didnt read what i said. I said that the jests haven't Improved as the season has gone by, but the patriots have. This isn't about the forty years since the jests won anything, this is about the last three months.

That has nothing to do with them being the "same old jets". They started out the season talented, and ended talented (11-5, in the Divisional Round). SOJ would be them sitting at home. The pats have gotten better because they made personel changes on offense and the young defense improved and came together as a unit. The Jets defense is veteren, you already know what your going to get most of the time. Sanchez has also flipped his TD/INT ratio, so I consider that improvement.

That has nothing to do with them being the "same old jets". They started out the season talented, and ended talented (11-5, in the Divisional Round). SOJ would be them sitting at home. The pats have gotten better because they made personel changes on offense and the young defense improved and came together as a unit. The Jets defense is veteren, you already know what your going to get most of the time. Sanchez has also flipped his TD/INT ratio, so I consider that improvement.
The jests haven't gotten any better than they were in September or if they have its minimal. Thats all im saying. Conversly the parts have, the defense and offense have improve greatly since the first meeting in september.

Sanchez has also flipped his TD/INT ratio, so I consider that improvement.
You are only half right!

Interesting statistic on Mark Sanchez during the 2010 NFL Season:

First 5 Games: 8 TD Passes, 0 Interceptions
Last 11 Games: 9 TD Passes, 13 Interceptions

You are only half right!

Interesting statistic on Mark Sanchez during the 2010 NFL Season:

First 5 Games: 8 TD Passes, 0 Interceptions
Last 11 Games: 9 TD Passes, 13 Interceptions

So including the Colts game the stat changes to:

Last 12 Games 9 TD Passes, 14 Interceptions.

I think the interceptions jump up to 16 or 17 come 8pm Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back