PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Colts---Good for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
First off, let me say the Denver win was impressive. Props to Manning, he played well. It will be difficult to beat them.

But lets not forget that Denver is a team he has ALWAYS played well against. I can't think of a game when Manning didn't total up 300 yards against Denver.

More importantly, this win was symbolic of the Colts of old (not last year). They have a great offense, no doubt about that, but a weak defense. This is the way they've alway been. Last year they had some D and they beat us, but this year they once again have no D. And everyone knows how the Pats match up against teams with explosive O and weak D (a la Bengals).

The Colts are just like they've always been. No one thought we could contain their offense 2 years ago in the playoffs and look what happened. No one thought we could handle the Bengals offense and look what happened.

This game was but another reminder that the Colts are the same as always. And the same as always means that we can beat them like we do each year.

No worries, people.

Exactly.

Amen to you. Stop the insanity!

skri65 said:
First off, let me say the Denver win was impressive. Props to Manning, he played well. It will be difficult to beat them.

But lets not forget that Denver is a team he has ALWAYS played well against. I can't think of a game when Manning didn't total up 300 yards against Denver.

More importantly, this win was symbolic of the Colts of old (not last year). They have a great offense, no doubt about that, but a weak defense. This is the way they've alway been. Last year they had some D and they beat us, but this year they once again have no D. And everyone knows how the Pats match up against teams with explosive O and weak D (a la Bengals).

The Colts are just like they've always been. No one thought we could contain their offense 2 years ago in the playoffs and look what happened. No one thought we could handle the Bengals offense and look what happened.

This game was but another reminder that the Colts are the same as always. And the same as always means that we can beat them like we do each year.

No worries, people.
You may be right but you are forgetting , we are not the same team offensively either ...Everyone is saying that brady and his receivers are starting to get on the same page ...key words here are "starting to get"...
past yrs we had branch,givens etc...Indy's D may be bad but our passing game's decline from the last yr makes it a bit more even handed.
Simply put indy WILL defend the run better against us because they will put 8 men in the box so we have to show a threat in the passing game CONSISTENTLY to get the running game going...if the pats just run the ball because Indy's run D is bad they may end up in some 3rd and long's early possibly resulting in manning getting the ball more early...

SVN said:
You may be right but you are forgetting , we are not the same team offensively either ...Everyone is saying that brady and his receivers are starting to get on the same page ...key words here are "starting to get"...
past yrs we had branch,givens etc...Indy's D may be bad but our passing game's decline from the last yr makes it a bit more even handed.
Simply put indy WILL defend the run better against us because they will put 8 men in the box so we have to show a threat in the passing game CONSISTENTLY to get the running game going...if the pats just run the ball because Indy's run D is bad they may end up in some 3rd and long's early possibly resulting in manning getting the ball more early...

Fair enough. You make a good point. Hopefully, our WR's will have gelled more by next week. Either way, I think if they put 8 in the box, Brady can get it to the WR's. This is a leap, but one I think is true.

I think we can execute well enough where we will take advantage of the 8 man box.

Our D, on the other hand, has not changed that much. In fact, we may have a stronger D than when we played them 2 years ago. If our running game can get going, this game will be ours. I firmly believe our D can contain manning.

I have no problem with the Indy win, any loss for Denver helps. I also believe Indy coming into Gillette is going to be another win for New England. Assuming the Pats win in Minnesota and then beat Indy at Gillette, the Pats would be 7-1 and leading the AFC with as close to a cupcake schedule as you could wish.

SVN said:
past yrs we had branch,givens etc......

David Givens is HORRIBLE, he was a product of Tom Brady, we do not miss him a bit. Our WR situation will be fine against the miserable Colts secondary. Also, we have one of the best RB combos in the league. I admit the game will be tough, but lets not get too carried away and it is only a regular season game.

Let's face it, Denver's offense has been lacking and it hasn't been looking great. However, the Colts defense just made them look good in the ground and passing game. Colts D gave up 227 rushing yards to Denver. Dillon and Maroney are going to be licking their chops for Sunday night.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I have no problem with the Indy win, any loss for Denver helps. I also believe Indy coming into Gillette is going to be another win for New England. Assuming the Pats win in Minnesota and then beat Indy at Gillette, the Pats would be 7-1 and leading the AFC with as close to a cupcake schedule as you could wish.

Yup...and also we would be in the driver seat for #1 seeding and home field throughout. That is what winning the tough games along with a cupcake schedule do for you. Just ask the Colts.

Win the next two and it will be time to make those reservatoins in Miami.

harveyw said:
David Givens is HORRIBLE, he was a product of Tom Brady, we do not miss him a bit.
Givens was a rock when he was here. He has caught TDs in 7 straight playoff games. Give the man his due!

JustWinBrady said:
Givens was a rock when he was here. He has caught TDs in 7 straight playoff games. Give the man his due!
Right...iam sure anyone will take gives over gaffeny or caldwell or anyone...if brady made givens then he made him over a period of 3-4 yrs so what does it say about the recievers we have now ?..
We can all make a pt to disagree but givens was as instrumental in the pats SB as anyone so there is no need diss him IMHO

JustWinBrady said:
He also had a 31 game streak catching passes for a first down he was working on still in Nashville - I'd take him back before I'd take the twig back.

SVN said:
past yrs we had branch,givens etc...Indy's D may be bad but our passing game's decline from the last yr makes it a bit more even handed...
Eventually people will come to realize that Branch and Givens did not make Tm Brady, that it was the other way around.

Our passing game is fine.

I hope Graham is back and the O-line is healthier for the Colts game. If so, the RBs will have a huge day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down