PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Kouvaris: The Colts pipe in sound through their PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else believe its Karma that is causing our pick to rise (and the Niners to suck). Many of you will argue that its great that the pick from the Niners is getting more valuable every day but we should still have our other pick and that no matter what happens we are losing out.

But maybe the reason the Niners, who were expected to be good this year, are sucking so bad is Karma. The universe is giving the Pats back what was taken from them.

In the end if we end up with a #5 pick that is worth the 2 late rounders we originally thought we had, then as Jerry Seinfeld would say we are even steven. Its justice and its also a big FU to the NFL for trying to screw with us.

Its really gotta burn all the Patriots haters' asses that in the end we may end up losing nothing over this whole fiasco. I love it.

Nah, I think it's just the Niners sucking. They are pretty good at it.

BTW, there was a guy on the Star's board that was doing work down there and said the construction workers there could yell from the the top of the endzone seats to guys on the opposite endzone and be heard clearly. The thinking was the new stadium will have better acoustics and may be louder than the Dome.

Do you have any insight into how often they will play with the roof open? My assumption would always unless rain/snow or heat/cold outside the bounds of comfort for the fans (>80 or <40 or something like that).

If this is true, then it IS A HUGE DEAL.
It is a direct violation of the rules, is even worse than sideline videotape because it helps the team during the game, and Goodell comes off looking like a fraud if this is proven to be true and the Colts aren't slapped with a huge penalty.

You are right this would/should be a rules violation as it gives one team a distinct advantage over the other......and you are also correct.....that it helps them DURING the game.........But, being that this is Polian.....this will be swept under the rug....

Do you have any insight into how often they will play with the roof open? My assumption would always unless rain/snow or heat/cold outside the bounds of comfort for the fans (>80 or <40 or something like that).

They haven't come out and said yet, but I would guess it's probably pretty close to your thoughts. The new stadium is huge. It's right next to the dome and it towers over it.

They haven't come out and said yet, but I would guess it's probably pretty close to your thoughts. The new stadium is huge. It's right next to the dome and it towers over it.

Thanks for the info.

BTW, I know you guys get flamed from time to time, but I kind of like having perspectives from the Colts' side on this board.

Gee, workhorse....I seem to recall many Colts fans making that exact leap while piling on about the video camera.

All we heard was:

"And the Pat's mic'd up their players"....."The Pats were messing with the radio signals to the QB".....blah, blah, blah.

All because someone "thought" that's what was happening.

And don't dismiss all this "piped in crowd noise" speculation so quickly. Keep in mind, there were all those "reports" in prior seasons about the Pat's using their video camera, but nothing "official" came of it until this year.

So, perhaps it won't be this year, or maybe even next. However, if Polian is going to be so arrogant as to wire up the Colts new stadium with even better mic's (it is going to have a retractable roof, correct?), it's only a matter of time before they're exposed.

All it takes is to get that one pebble rolling down the hill......and the Colts are sitting at the bottom of that avalanche.

And you know it.

You all do realize that Domed stadiums are louder then open air stadiums because the sounds bounces off the roof and comes back down, so I guess we do pump in our own noise but its by our own fans via our screaming and yelling and it bouncing off the roof and coming back down...

Lies

Cheatrianapolis

You know years ago the rest of the league use to call us patsies as a way to humiliate us. What's your reason? :mad:

They have been the Patsies since I was 10 years old, that was 39 years ago. They are my favorite sports team, actually my only sports passion. I use that term with reverence. It is a term of affection, if one can display affection for a spots team.

They have been the Patsies since I was 10 years old, that was 39 years ago. They are my favorite sports team, actually my only sports passion. I use that term with reverence. It is a term of affection, if one can display affection for a spots team.
I'm afraid you're in the minority here... I also recognize the term "Patsies" as insulting, much as calling the Jets the "Jests". Do you know in general what it means to call someone a patsie?

There is a quote from a Pats fan on the Colts board that he was responding to something similar....

I thought it was clever.

-I post on the internet all day, and let me tell you...all those people who post on the internet all day, really need to get a life.-

:)

Here's where someone calls me a name for no apparent reason.

stop smoking crank

I'm afraid you're in the minority here... I also recognize the term "Patsies" as insulting, much as calling the Jets the "Jests". Do you know in general what it means to call someone a patsie?

I think that this is a generational issue. For instance, if you heard an older person say, "we had a gay time." You would understand that they are not talking about gender. You would simply understand that they are saying that a good time was had by all.

The term Patsie is derogatory at the present time. But language changes. It was not a bad thing to say back when Grog's was slingin it.

Sorry if you find it insulting, it isn't meant to be. They will always be the Patsies to me and it will never mean anything derogatory.

Sorry if you find it insulting, it isn't meant to be. They will always be the Patsies to me and it will never mean anything derogatory.

But the word Patsy means dumb idiot who gets used by others.

Odd. I'm in my mid-30s, and Patriots or Pats is fine, and Patsies is an insult, like Dolts, Bungles or Jests.

I've no idea how you can see it any other way. The very meaning of the word "Patsy" flies in the face of it being a term of reverence.

Yeah, pretty much Patsy is an insult whether intended or not.

the thing is, words actually MEAN things. Words don't mean what you want them to mean, they mean what they mean. Admittedly, most people use words wrong, but that doesn't really excuse it. And just because someone doesn't know what the word means, doesn't make it less offensive when they use it. Actually, ignorance is usually equally or more offensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye