PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Kouvaris: The Colts pipe in sound through their PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Indy pump sound noise through their building? My guess is of course they do, as does every other dome team and maybe Denver and KC. It is a very low risk/high reward trick. So the Patsies get to beat the hell out of the rest of the league as revenge for them ganging up on them, they get to thumb their nose at Roger by running up the score, they get the SF pick next year, and it looks like it could be a top 10 pick. The Press gets to demonize the Patsies, they get to poke a stick at the bees nest that is the NE Patriots and at the same time they get to do what they do best, rumor monger.

As far as that goes, there is nothing to say that there is a single team does not pump in sound, dome or open air.

I agree with you that everyone is looking for the "next" story.

So Roger takes a bat to the Patriots, screws them over pretty good, and creates a monster. Already this year we had the Pats, remember the Jets immitating snap counts, the Colts piping crowd noise in, the comments from Parcells to Young that the 49ers used to shut off communications between the booth and the sidelines during the scripted portion of the show.
This is why every other coach in the league - including Dungy - would have preferred it if Mangini just kept his big trap shut.

And it's also why the next time someone gets caught cheating (and there will be a next time), the media will expect the same type of punishment.

Gee, workhorse....I seem to recall many Colts fans making that exact leap while piling on about the video camera.

All we heard was:

"And the Pat's mic'd up their players"....."The Pats were messing with the radio signals to the QB".....blah, blah, blah.

All because someone "thought" that's what was happening.

And don't dismiss all this "piped in crowd noise" speculation so quickly. Keep in mind, there were all those "reports" in prior seasons about the Pat's using their video camera, but nothing "official" came of it until this year.

So, perhaps it won't be this year, or maybe even next. However, if Polian is going to be so arrogant as to wire up the Colts new stadium with even better mic's (it is going to have a retractable roof, correct?), it's only a matter of time before they're exposed.

All it takes is to get that one pebble rolling down the hill......and the Colts are sitting at the bottom of that avalanche.

And you know it.

So now it's OK for those here that cursed that activity to pick up their torches and participate themselves?

I never posted anything condeming the Pats about any of the claims or rumors, so I have every right to stand up for the Colts and not be a hypocrite. How about all those now condeming the Colts?

As far as that goes, there is nothing to say that there is a single team does not pump in sound, dome or open air.

You know the Pats don't. Remember last year when Seymour called out the Foxboro fans for sitting on their hands for most of the game (I think it was early last season).

LOL, who is this guy and what's his proof, wow let it go, hilarious?

It won't get the pick or 750k back.

or

Wait, hit it again its still moving... No I think its dead.... No hit it again.

As soon as you and the rest of the league let 'spygate' go, we'll let the 'sound dome' go!

BTW...the Patriots will be enjoying their top 10 pick in April jokester. Who's laughing now?

As soon as you and the rest of the league let 'spygate' go, we'll let the 'sound dome' go!

BTW...the Patriots will be enjoying their top 10 pick in April jokester. Who's laughing now?

Hey, one difference spygate was real and true, sound dome was and is not.

That was a great move to get the SF #1.

Are you calling me a name in Jokester?

Hey, one difference spygate was real and true, sound dome was and is not.
What makes you so sure..? The accusation has been levied from more than just one quarter. Do you believe your team and Bill Polian is just 100% morally pure and would never, ever do such a thing..?

As far as I am concerned, if the Colts were ever caught pumping in crowd noise into the stadium, their penalty should be far more sever. There is definitely a more tangible advantage gained by making it impossible for opposing offenses to hear the snap count. In fact, no one can really definitely say that the Pats gained much of an advantage at all by filming the opposing signals. There is a definite big advantage if you can force teams to have to do a hard count and cause several false start penalties because of artificial crowd noise.

I think the Colts do it. I don't think they are the only ones though. But they have one of the lowest attendance rates in the NFL, but the loudest stadium even compared to other dome stadiums with larger attendance rates or a team like the Redskins that may have an open air stadium, but has about 40,000 more fans in attendance.

What makes you so sure..? The accusation has been levied from more than just one quarter. Do you believe your team and Bill Polian is just 100% morally pure and would never, ever do such a thing..?

Well I'm sure for right now because there has been a well publicized penalty levied by the league against the Patriots with the actual physical evidence turned in and destroyed, no League charge or investigation is even going on right now with the Colts, let alone a penalty. This isn't me being a homer or even subjectively saying my opinion, this is the truth, facts. So yes at this moment it is factual to say this.

I don't know anything about Polian being pure or whatever, he kinda comes off like a jerk in alot of things I read, so I can't speak to that.

You know the Pats don't. Remember last year when Seymour called out the Foxboro fans for sitting on their hands for most of the game (I think it was early last season).

That proves it then. If there is any crowd noise at a Patriots game it has to be pumped it. The players saying the fans don't make noise it all means has to be artificial. :p

Edit:

Just wanted everyone to know that I've e-mailed Florio about this so he can start digging.

Last edited:
That proves it then. If there is any crowd noise at a Patriots game it has to be pumped it. The players saying the fans don't make noise it all means has to be artificial. :p

I went to a late season Pats/Jets game two year ago and it was quiet for most of the game. The biggest cheer went up when Giselle Bundchen did a half-time presentation or something. The players were pissed about the crowd noise after that one.

The Krafts have "nicely" done away with all the rowdy fans. Hell, you're not even allowed to resell your ticket. If you can't go to the game, tough luck. The Krafts are fascistic when it comes to the decorum of the fans...The end result being a comparatively quiet stadium.

I went to a late season Pats/Jets game two year ago and it was quiet for most of the game. The biggest cheer went up when Giselle Bundchen did a half-time presentation or something. The players were pissed about the crowd noise after that one.

Sad to say I was at that game and I admit to blame, cheering for Giselle.
In retrospect, I think she may have caught someone else's attention at that game as well.

The Krafts have "nicely" done away with all the rowdy fans. Hell, you're not even allowed to resell your ticket. If you can't go to the game, tough luck. The Krafts are fascistic when it comes to the decorum of the fans...The end result being a comparatively quiet stadium.

Most new stadiums are more quite. It is the same in Denver now too. It isn't the fans' it is the club seats and luxary boxes. They have moved the real fans so far away from the field that the sound doesn't hit the field. If you go into the 300 section, any of the sections in the corner endzones, or the 100 section and the crowd is cheering. It is the those club seats where fans sit on their hands and are more interested in getting their beers than standing on a 3rd and long to cheer.

Sad to say I was at that game and I admit to blame, cheering for Giselle.
In retrospect, I think she may have caught someone else's attention at that game as well.

What was Giselles halftime presentation or whatever??? Not that cheering for her just for walking out on the field isn't warranted.

Well I'm sure for right now because there has been a well publicized penalty levied by the league against the Patriots with the actual physical evidence turned in and destroyed, no League charge or investigation is even going on right now with the Colts, let alone a penalty. This isn't me being a homer or even subjectively saying my opinion, this is the truth, facts. So yes at this moment it is factual to say this.
Actually, that is 100% you being a homer. I don't mind the "my team can do no wrong" denials... just don't insult us all by saying "my team can do now wrong - but I'm not a homer"...

What was Giselles halftime presentation or whatever??? Not that cheering for her just for walking out on the field isn't warranted.

It was a promo for the winter Victoria's Secret catalog (I think)...I forget but she did meet Tom Brady that night...and the rest is history (lucky bastard!)

A Victoria's Secret promo. The catalog-that-is-not-allowed in our home.

Most new stadiums are more quite. It is the same in Denver now too. It isn't the fans' it is the club seats and luxary boxes. They have moved the real fans so far away from the field that the sound doesn't hit the field. If you go into the 300 section, any of the sections in the corner endzones, or the 100 section and the crowd is cheering. It is the those club seats where fans sit on their hands and are more interested in getting their beers than standing on a 3rd and long to cheer.
If I am not mistaken, that issue is going to be in play next year at Lucas Oil Stadium. Most club seats, including at Gilette, are in the second tier of the stadium. But L.O.S. is having the clue seats right there on the 100 level between the goal lines (or something like that).

Actually, that is 100% you being a homer. I don't mind the "my team can do no wrong" denials... just don't insult us all by saying "my team can do now wrong - but I'm not a homer"...

What, lol, Where did I say that? I said they did not get charged for pumping noise in, which is unequivocally true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Polian would knock his Grandma out the of the way for an extra advantage on the football field, but if he has, he hasn't been caught. Do I think he has, irrellevant and I certainly wouldn't defend it if he did get caught cheating.

I guess I'm saying if the Colts got busted for breaking the rules that I would have the dignity to say yep that was wrong, they were stupid to do that (not just stupid to get caught). Dude its not me cheating, it would be my team, I'd be mad at them for doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots