PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salute to the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeleagle

Banned
Reaction score
Even though I personally hoped my Steelers would have a chance to atone for past playoff losses against the Champs this year, I offer my congratulations on a outstanding run as Super Bowl Champions. You must and should be proud of your team for I do believe it to be truly one of the greatest all time NFL teams. And, as a life long Steeler fan, and old enough to attend Steelers games before there was even a Three Rivers Statium, I can appreciate what your team is accomplishing. 3 super bowls in 4 years has never been done before, and even though you did not 3 peat - next year you still have a shot to match the record of what many say was the greatest NFL team dynasty, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years. I know football enough to appreciate what the Patriots are all about. Not only are you an excellent team, it is my opinion, a very class team, and a very class organization. I have nothing for respect for your teams accomplishments and also how your team carried itself as champion. Well done New England!

Steeleagle said:
Even though I personally hoped my Steelers would have a chance to atone for past playoff losses against the Champs this year, I offer my congratulations on a outstanding run as Super Bowl Champions. You must and should be proud of your team for I do believe it to be truly one of the greatest all time NFL teams. And, as a life long Steeler fan, and old enough to attend Steelers games before there was even a Three Rivers Statium, I can appreciate what your team is accomplishing. 3 super bowls in 4 years has never been done before, and even though you did not 3 peat - next year you still have a shot to match the record of what many say was the greatest NFL team dynasty, 4 Super Bowls in 6 years. I know football enough to appreciate what the Patriots are all about. Not only are you an excellent team, it is my opinion, a very class team, and a very class organization. I have nothing for respect for your teams accomplishments and also how your team carried itself as champion. Well done New England!

Classy post. Now go and stop Indy.

Oh My God!!!! ARE WE RECORDING THIS!?!?? A Classy Steelers fan!

you show class and you know the football.
thks for yr post.
have a nice day

and, also today, and FOREVER: GO PATS !!!!!

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

It's true. I read it with my own eyes.
Where's the paparazzi when you need them?

Thank you, Steeleagle.

How ironic. After the loss yesterday, it's a Steeler fan that helps me put it in perspective.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

I happen to know several very nice Steeler fans.

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck today.

Thank you! I'll be rooting for you today. I was look forward to playing you next week.

Your salute to the champs is more than most pats fans can do this day.

Thanks again!

What a great post to wake up to! Thanks Steeleagle, we're down but never out! Good luck in your game and enjoy!

I despise all three teams remaining in the AFC....After the classless "Who Dey" chant last week, I'll hold my nose and root for the Dolts to win today, then massacre the donkeys again next week and ultimately lose in the Superbowl.

Why can't all fans of other teams be .....

Steeleagle said:

as CLASSY as this guy. Thanks for some really great comments from a obviously very classy fan (or at least you are pretending real well ;)

I wish you guys all the luck today....I have a good feeling you will win it.....Thanks again for really nice comments...........good luck the rest of the way.....

Thank you Sir. Please let your Steelers kick the crap out of the Colts today and win. I dont have any confidence that the Broncos can do it next week. I just despise the Colts and their fans.

We've been tainted by PlaxicoRules for too long - fans in Western PA know their football

and frankly, I don't see any choice but to root for Pitt now

Willie55 said:
Thank you Sir. Please let your Steelers kick the crap out of the Colts today and win. I dont have any confidence that the Broncos can do it next week. I just despise the Colts and their fans.

There.....how was that??? Even with the refs against us.....! Do you think it was obvious that the refs wanted Manning and Dungy in the Championship game???? Still, I wish we were coming to your house next week...... Thanks for the nice replys to my thread Champs!!! Hope to meet you in the AFC Championship game NEXT YEAR!!!

I'm surprised the refs just didn't stop the game at the end and declare a forfeit in favor of the Colts.I'm no fan of the Steel but fair is fair and your team victimized by an obviously corrupt official or crew...take your pick....no human being on planet Earth could possibly agree with that overturn of the Polamalu INT. That made me sick to stomach....I think we could be losing the last great sport in this country to media driven idol factory corporate raiders bent on increasing THEIR bottom line at any and all costs.It's not hard to see that there are soem VERY VERY disappointed suits tied into NFL marketing that are upset to the nth degree that their prima donna pster boy, Manning, has failed to deliver the goods once again.

I would just love to see all the ad campaigns that were in place and set to go to promote Manning and the glorious Colts due to be aired at the Super Bowl.I just hope someone with power sees that the fans are upset with this farce that has become NFL refereeing

Steeleagle said:
There.....how was that??? Even with the refs against us.....! Do you think it was obvious that the refs wanted Manning and Dungy in the Championship game???? Still, I wish we were coming to your house next week...... Thanks for the nice replys to my thread Champs!!! Hope to meet you in the AFC Championship game NEXT YEAR!!!
Congratulations Steeleagle on your win yesterday! Never thought I'd see the day that I was so happy for another team's win! Thanks for giving me a reason to smile yesterday! Can't believe how bad the ref's were, but your guys just kept playing b*lls to the wall! Troy had an outstanding game, and I'm glad Bettis didn't have to live with the possibility of his fumble being his last play! :eek: Great game, good luck with the Donks!

Way to go, Steeleagle!
Your team allowed me to sleep well last night. Good luck next week!

PatsChick87 said:
Congratulations Steeleagle on your win yesterday! Never thought I'd see the day that I was so happy for another team's win! Thanks for giving me a reason to smile yesterday! Can't believe how bad the ref's were, but your guys just kept playing b*lls to the wall! Troy had an outstanding game, and I'm glad Bettis didn't have to live with the possibility of his fumble being his last play! :eek: Great game, good luck with the Donks!

OMG how injust and horrible would that have been if Jerome's fumble turned out to be his last carry in his professional career.

This is to all to those who responded..............your responses to my thread just proves what class you people have.........alot of other teams fan base should watch you and take notes on how it is done.........
Thanks to you all..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes