Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Sean Salisbury and John Clayton on their radio show today said that Brady's missing three training camp practices, ostensibly to rest his arm, was in reality a thinly veiled protest aimed at Belipioli on Branch's absence. In other words, Brady is pissed at the idea of going into the season without Branch and wants the front office to know it without making a stink in the media. Anyone else agree that's why he sat out three practices? Sounds like b.s. conjecture to me.

Tunescribe said:
Sean Salisbury and John Clayton on their radio show today said that Brady's missing three training camp practices, ostensibly to rest his arm, was in reality a thinly veiled protest aimed at Belipioli on Branch's absence. In other words, Brady is pissed at the idea of going into the season without Branch and wants the front office to know it without making a stink in the media. Anyone else agree that's why he sat out three practices? Sounds like b.s. conjecture to me.

No. It's media trying to make a story out of a non story.

And the combination of the two of them MIGHT break 80 on an IQ test.

I'll I gotta say is....this team hates their coach. :)

exactly, they are trying to speculate why he missed practice...and it's really quite simple, so he doesn't get injured...he's on a "pitch count".

god i hate Clayton

Murphys95 said:
I'll I gotta say is....this team hates their coach. :)

So much so that without a periodic reminder from the talking heads at ESPN how would the world ever know????

The sad thing is unless you are very familiar with the territory, once the talking heads decide to group spin something no amount of denials or explanations will stop the spinning. That's why so many fans of other teams still believe Brady is a system QB even as most of the folks who convinced them of that have long since abandoned that belief much chagrined

All that matters is that this teams fans, players and FO get what really goes on here. The national mediots and even many of the locals really so seldom get it anyway.... :bricks:

Salibury and Clayton. Two idiots, and two Patriots haters.

Did Brady go to BB and say he wasn't going to practice or did BB say take a couple days off? I'll bet the two talking idiots dont even know the answer to that question.

Since when did players take practices off on their own ? Wont the patriots investigate the reasons why a player takes practices off ?
And if brady did send a message, does BB shake in his boots ?? This is BB , he cut milloy 4 days before season opener and he might do that to branch if he thinks its the right thing without blinking an eye IMHO.
Clayton is the guy who thinks manning will have a great postseason because of the new rule which supposeddly allows road teams/home teams to use whatever "footballs" they want in play off games.!!!
intelligent assessment !

Yeah, the media loves to blow up pretty much any story. I feel the reason why Brady sat out was a combonation between his knee and resting his arm. It makes sense because throughout the last two seasons ins't Brady always on the injury report for his shoulder listed as "Probable". I don't know if Brady has been throwing very hard because everytime they show video of him at practice he is pretty much floating the ball to his recievers. I don't think it has nothing to do with Deion Branch. If Brady did sit out because his reciever isn't at training camp, it just shows that Brady doesn't trust anybody not named Branch. What kind of messege what send to the rest of the team? Let me make an easy prediction so everyone here can go to sleep easier at night. Whether or not Deion Branch has a new contract signed, he will be in a Pats uniform come week 1. If Brady values him as much as he says he does, you know behind closed doors Brady is talking to Bill Bellicheck, Scott Pioli and Robert Kraft to get a deal done soon. If a teammate was that important to me, as quarterback and a leader, I would do whatever it takes to get his ass back to training camp.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:
Whether or not Deion Branch has a new contract signed, he will be in a Pats uniform come week 1. If Brady values him as much as he says he does.

...easily one of the smartest things ever posted on this board. Timing wise I expect the holdout to go right up to the brink (i.e. last week of preseason)...just my opinion.

This speculation by Salisbury/Clayton is yet another reason why ESPN has become the muppet show.

They hire as an analyst a failed backup QB and some douchebag they call "the professor," who they stick in a set complete with bookshelves (like he's at a real university) -- it would be funny if people didn't take it so damn seriously.

And everytime Salisbury gushes over our QB I cringe and think back to when he was calling PM the "greatest QB of all time."

Tom was on a pitch count. So are other franchise QBs. It's a league-wide trend. I have no clue why BB doesn't like to admit these things but he doesn't...and at least he's consistent.

The idea of a "secret holdout" is incredibly dumb. There are two essential components of a holdout:
1. you don't keep it secret.
2. you don't return until you get what you want.

Tom returns to the field, explicitly refutes the notion that he was protesting anything, and the media STILL DOESN'T BELIEVE HIM. They're dying for dirt on the Pats.

the taildragger said:
...easily one of the smartest things ever posted on this board. Timing wise I expect the holdout to go right up to the brink (i.e. last week of preseason)...just my opinion.

This speculation by Salisbury/Clayton is yet another reason why ESPN has become the muppet show.

They hire as an analyst a failed backup QB and some douchebag they call "the professor," who they stick in a set complete with bookshelves (like he's at a real university) -- it would be funny if people didn't take it so damn seriously.

And everytime Salisbury gushes over our QB I cringe and think back to when he was calling PM the "greatest QB of all time."

Tom was on a pitch count. So are other franchise QBs. It's a league-wide trend. I have no clue why BB doesn't like to admit these things but he doesn't...and at least he's consistent.

The idea of a "secret holdout" is incredibly dumb. There are two essential components of a holdout:
1. you don't keep it secret.
2. you don't return until you get what you want.

Tom returns to the field, explicitly refutes the notion that he was protesting anything, and the media STILL DOESN'T BELIEVE HIM. They're dying for dirt on the Pats.

Another reason ESPN is the muppet show: Michael Irvin. 'Nuff said.
And to a lesser extent, Merril Hoge.

Wow....Just Wow. Has it really come down to pirating off another web site four days later? Jumping on theories that have already been dismissed as speculation?

Next on their show.....Corey Dillon is a bad pick up for New England, and he is a cancer in the locker room. They have no shot of winning a Super Bowl with Dillon on the team.

POSTED 8:44 a.m. EDT, August 2, 2006

BRADY HAD "MINOR INJURY"

A league source tells us that the recent absence of Pats quarterback Tom Brady resulted from a "minor injury," and that Brady did not miss two days of work for any other reason.

The "other reasons" being bandied about in league circles include speculation that Brady boycotted practice because he wants more money and/or that he was showing support for receiver Deion Branch, who is now in the sixth day of a holdout.

Neither theory is accurate, according to multiple league sources. In fact, despite recent comments made by Brady to Michael Silver of SI.com regarding Brady's assessment of Branch's value to the team, we're told that Brady privately is unhappy with Deion's decision not to come to camp.

dryheat44 said:
Wow....Just Wow. Has it really come down to pirating off another web site four days later? Jumping on theories that have already been dismissed as speculation?

I was on the road when their show came on and all of a sudden I started to have an aneurysm and was headed for a huge oak tree when I realized what radio show it was and I righted the car, switched stations, turned the air on, and started singing out loud to a Joe Strummer CD.

Life is good when you make it so....

Clonamery said:
I was on the road when their show came on and all of a sudden I started to have an aneurysm and was headed for a huge oak tree when I realized what radio show it was and I righted the car, switched stations, turned the air on, and started singing out loud to a Joe Strummer CD.

Life is good when you make it so....
Is Strummer the guy who wrote "Wrap A Yellow Mazda 'Round The Old Oak Tree?" A classic if I never heard one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back