PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salas, Rivera, Hilliard Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who would have preferred Gaf?

What Deus and Psycho are saying is that it may end up being a benefit in the long run due to being able to use and develop other options now, then have Hernandez come back when things are clicking = a situation that is even better and more weapons that we'd ever have thought.

That, and the fact that it also will likely bolster the WR depth, which didn't initially seem to be an issue to our coach.

I know what he (PP2) meant, but I still think it's a funny way to put it. I was just busting his foot-balls.

As far as Deus... I genuinely wish him well as I would anyone on this forum, but I don't read his posts and find I'm better off as a result. Besides, if I want someone to constantly tell me how wrong I am, I'll ask my wife.

He shouldn't have been gone, either. He's another roster repair that needs to be made.

i would have liked him as well, but I just think Branch is more valuable and reliable at this point.

No. Many of us would have.

The problem is that we still don't know the severity of Gaffney's injury. In addition, Branch provides somewhat of a safety blanket too with his great chemistry with Brady.

He shouldn't have been gone, either. He's another roster repair that needs to be made.

Maybe still injured and thats why he's not back.

The problem is that we still don't know the severity of Gaffney's injury. In addition, Branch provides somewhat of a safety blanket too with his great chemistry with Brady.

Not a big surprise, but I am glad to see him back.

Hes worked out for Miami and Oakland, wouldnt that say hes recovered? The whole situation is confusing. He also publicly said hed welcome a return to NE no?

Maybe still injured and thats why he's not back.

Possibly.

I'm a huge Gaffney supporter myself, and was quite excited for his potential this year. One way or another Belichick must've felt that Gaffney was lacking something, or that Branch was just better as something else--maybe a little of both...maybe it was indeed just injury related. We'll likely never know.

With the addition of Branch though, I'm personally doubting both of them coming back, as great as it would be.

Maybe Warren is coming back?

Hes worked out for Miami and Oakland, wouldnt that say hes recovered? The whole situation is confusing. He also publicly said hed welcome a return to NE no?

Well, that's one way to look at it, but when you look at it the other way in the sense that both OAK and MIA are pretty desperate at the WR position and they still didn't sign him, that may be more telling of his lack of sufficient progress up to this point in terms of his injury.

I would imagine that Gaffney will be on someone's roster within the next couple/few weeks though, it may just be due to his injury.

Either way, MIA and OAK both passing up on him probably paints a good picture that something's wrong on some level.

They need Gaffney back

They need to stop with the Welker on the bench and the Welker as a decoy crap

They need to upgrade over #47

They need to fix the OL issue(s)

Still plenty to go, Bill.

Rivera to PS? Paper thin at LB.

They need to upgrade over #47

Please no.

I'll be out another 100+ bucks for my new Hoomewooonawiani jersey.

It's the first of its kind where the name is printed in a font half the size of the others, and I was hoping it'd be worth money someday.

I do think BB deserves props for something, and I haven't really given them to him because I still see issues that can come up, but......

Here we are talking about Patriots problems, and nobody's really talking about the defense (I've only seen like one post about LB depth). So, good on the team for that through this point in the season.

Your rebuttal would have real validity and import if either of the following were true:

1.) The old offense was a problem that needed the overhaul made

2.) The new offense was a clear improvement over the old offense

Since neither of the above is true, however, your rebuttal really doesn't have much bite.

You are making a determination based on a two game sample. Within that two game sample the Patriots had one game where they scored well and kept Brady from having to throw an above average amount/ran the ball well (surest way to keep brady safe). Ultimately you may be right or you may be wrong but their is insufficient data to know with any certainty.
Personally I was looking forward to seeing December/January football where we had a well practiced power (or I should say more powerful) game. Would that be a good thing versus 2011's offesne is the unanswered question....

Please no.

I'll be out another 100+ bucks for my new Hoomewooonawiani jersey.

It's the first of its kind where the name is printed in a font half the size of the others, and I was hoping it'd be worth money someday.
Nothing like betting on a mule at the horse track.

You are making a determination based on a two game sample. Within that two game sample the Patriots had one game where they scored well and kept Brady from having to throw an above average amount/ran the ball well (surest way to keep brady safe). Ultimately you may be right or you may be wrong but their is insufficient data to know with any certainty.
Personally I was looking forward to seeing December/January football where we had a well practiced power (or I should say more powerful) game. Would that be a good thing versus 2011's offesne is the unanswered question....

1.) In the context of my response to the poster, the amount of time really doesn't matter.

2.) They can work on the power game without shelving the old system at the same time. That's the approach they should have been using in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back