PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salas, Rivera, Hilliard Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Hernandez injury was a blessing in disguise. I believe it is forcing BB to bring back some veteran receivers. I've never been a fan of trying to go with the TE set exclusively because there is a steep drop-off in talent after Gronk/Hernandez, on the depth chart.

Idc we need line help, the pass rush from the middle was scary. Figures this happens when we have a good defense the line sucks....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't Deion branch make his grand return for Ravens week in '10?

Looks like the Hernandez injury was a blessing in disguise. I believe it is forcing BB to bring back some veteran receivers. I've never been a fan of trying to go with the TE set exclusively because there is a steep drop-off in talent after Gronk/Hernandez, on the depth chart.

Preach it!!!!

Right! It's always good news to have your head coach be forced into doing something he stayed away from when he still had a choice. :bricks:

But as long as it makes some of the folks on Patsfans happy, what could go wrong? :confused2:

Didn't Deion branch make his grand return for Ravens week in '10?

Yes. I was at the game and personally started the "De-Yon DEE Yon..." chant when he caught his first TD back with the team. I can't prove it, but it's 100% true! :rocker:

Right! It's always good news to have your head coach be forced into doing something he stayed away from when he still had a choice. :bricks:

But as long as it makes some of the folks on Patsfans happy, what could go wrong? :confused2:

What Deus and Psycho are saying is that it may end up being a benefit in the long run due to being able to use and develop other options now, then have Hernandez come back when things are clicking = a situation that is even better and more weapons that we'd ever have thought.

That, and the fact that it also will likely bolster the WR depth, which didn't initially seem to be an issue to our coach.

Your rebuttal would have real validity and import if either of the following were true:

1.) The old offense was a problem that needed the overhaul made

2.) The new offense was a clear improvement over the old offense

Since neither of the above is true, however, your rebuttal really doesn't have much bite.

Last edited:
yeah, the pats wasted another draft pick with salas...

Can Bill cut that Hootenanny guy while he's at it??

SMY just reported on Twitter that league sources say Deion is in fact back.

Last edited:
Deion is back.

yeah, the pats wasted another draft pick with salas...

Are we sure that this pick wasn't conditional, based on some kind of arrangement?

It seems weird that Belichick would have made the move a couple/few wks ago, then have let him go already otherwise.

Either way, it's a late round pick in 2015. I think he'll have plenty of opportunity to make it up if deemed necessary.

If he did lose the pick outright and it's not just a patsfans.com rumor then I suppose that's certainly controversial, but sometimes you have to take risks and this risk was relatively low in my opinion.

Maybe Tarp is coming off the PS. I can't see them only keeping 4 linebackers...

Deion is back.

Good. I'm glad to hear that.

The addition of Branch and Winslow certainly add a sense of relief to the Hernandez situation, at least on some level anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes