PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salary cap question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With the release of Colvin and Lua, how much are we under the cap as of today?

thx

Do we have between $15 and 17 million available?

With millions to spend, teams getting ready for free agency frenzy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d806c8fbb&template=with-video&confirm=true

Last updated on February 27, 2008 7:45 PM EDT

According to my figures the Patriots' 2008 cap figure is $95,793,746 with 46 signed or presumed to be tendered players. The projected 2008 salary cap is $116,000,000. So I have the Pats under the cap by $20.2 million. It is unknown at this time what the Patriots' 2008 adjusted cap will be. NFL.Com reported on February 21st that the Patriots were under the cap by $17.4 million so my numbers were off by about $1.4 million at that time so it seems safe to speculate that the Patriots are actually under the cap by $18.8 million.

DISCLAIMERS - My numbers are a snapshot in time. Things will change between the as of date and a future date (the beginning of free agency, draft, TC opens, 2008 regular season). Please note that the above numbers do NOT include a $500,000 Pro Bowl escalator for Vince Wilfork or any other escalators. My numbers do not include the effect of the LTBE/NTLBE calculation that occurs to help determine each team's adjusted cap number. Example - My numbers do not yet account for Moss reaching his 2 million in NLTBE incentives.

http://www.patscap.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back