Saints sign Dan Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

MORGAN LANDS WITH THE SAINTS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2008, 8:01 p.m.

After failing to land veteran linebacker Zach Thomas, the New Orleans Saints have targeted another available linebacker.​

According to Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com, former Panthers linebacker Dan Morgan has agreed to terms with the Saints.​

Morgan was a first-round pick of the Panthers in 2001. He played in only one game two years ago due to a chronic concussion problem. In 2007, he missed 13 games due to a partially torn Achilles’ tendon.​

Gotta say I'm glad we didn't take a chance on the glass-kid. Lots of heart but not sure the flesh was willing.

Gotta say I'm glad we didn't take a chance on the glass-kid. Lots of heart but not sure the flesh was willing.

True dont know how much more he has left but Id rather take a chance on him then Seward.

True dont know how much more he has left but Id rather take a chance on him then Seward.

Why? Seward's young and has upside, Morgan has almost no upside and almost all downside...aging, injury prone, never finished a whole season. Read the Seward interview and you get at least a feel for his "chronic" problems...he overdid it on the first attempt to come back causing the "second" problem, but it was really just the first problem. Outside that he's had some dings but he's young enough that you could look to him as being "finally injury free"...I don't think anyone's going to make that assertion about Morgan

Morgan who has had injuriy issues and is 29 over Seward who is coachable and can contribute on special teams?

yeah...I feel we dodged a bullet what with all the "What about Dan Morgan?" threads...he's doner than yesterday's waffles

Younger on defense. Dan Morgan wouldn't help us do that. I agree that we don't know too much about Seward, but that's what the offseason camps are for.

If he makes it to Week 1, we might have something. With Dan Morgan, you know exactly what you're getting (a downgrade).

This seems to scream "I PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL AND MADDEN AND I ONLY WANT PLAYERS I'VE HEARD OF EVEN IF THEY ARE PHYSICAL LIABILITIES!" But maybe that's just me.

This seems to scream "I PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL AND MADDEN AND I ONLY WANT PLAYERS I'VE HEARD OF EVEN IF THEY ARE PHYSICAL LIABILITIES!" But maybe that's just me.

LOL!!!!!:D That was a good one!!!!

Well at least this spares me from all the - Dan Morgan is made of glass threads.

I hope that the NEP's passing on Morgan indicates that:
1) Seau is likely to return;
2) the FO is serious about becoming younger, and more talented, at ILB; and
3) Bruschi and Seau will be the player/coaches for the next wave of Patriot ILBs.

I didn't have a good feeling about Dan Morgan so yes I am glad the Patriots passed. Same for Zach Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes