PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints showing Belichick how it's done

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With 2 1st round picks in the 20's the Saints added Cam Jordan and traded with the Patriots to get Mark Ingram.
And we got good old Nate Solder with one pick and traded the other.

Which team has improved themselves in 2 important areas??
That would be the team who will be in the Super Bowl long before the NE Patriots return there, the New Orleans Saints.

The Patriots will be calling you about the GM job soon, apparently.:rolleyes:

not that simple man. Why force a pick that isnt there? We have a 33rd and we're probably not gunna loose anything between now and then. Might as well get a first round next year instead of jumping on the best player still on the board.

The Patriots will be calling you about the GM job soon, apparently.:rolleyes:

Please do.
How much better would the Patriots be right now with Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram in the fold and with 4 picks over the next 2 rounds to shore up the OL etc?
Very poor job tonight by the Patriots. Very poor.

We could have had two quality picks @ 28 & 33. Instead we drop back to what 56? You might get value, but not Talent.

not that simple man. Why force a pick that isnt there? We have a 33rd and we're probably not gunna loose anything between now and then. Might as well get a first round next year instead of jumping on the best player still on the board.

Why bother collecting draft choices if you don't use them to fill GLARING needs of your team??
Like I said earlier, the New Orleans Saints showed Belichick how it's done and they'll be back in the SB long before we will.

I mean there is more talent available available at 28 that 29. That's a given. It doesn't matter if a pick is a reach if it fill a glaring hole and make a team complete. The Brady window is closing each year and we are no closer to improving our team.

I completely agree. Plus with the Jets taking Wilkerson, it looks like the search to replace Richard Seymour will continue well into 2012. The Jets, on the other hand, have gotten even better.

Cam Jordan doesn't fit the Patriots' scheme. I've been saying that since January. Mark Ingram is barely an upgrade over Green-Ellis. It's not Bill being dumb, it's you being wrong.

With 2 1st round picks in the 20's the Saints added Cam Jordan and traded with the Patriots to get Mark Ingram.

That would be the team who will be in the Super Bowl long before the NE Patriots return there, the New Orleans Saints.

yep. now you must rely on benellis & tinytim, for RBs..

Cam Jordan right there at 28th!

My sad guess is Patriots will pick Brooks for DE. Jordan is MUCH better than Brooks, as Jordan played against better college teams...

Jets got Wilkerson to pass-rush.. Probably go against Solder.

They got 3 2nd-rounders. No doubt Patriots will trade one of them to next years draft...

Right. Saints did good for their QB.

Brady is getting OLD. Window is 2yrs at best. Why not give him a very good RB, to offload him? Why not shore up or DL?

I think this is a nightmare...

I completely agree. Plus with the Jets taking Wilkerson, it looks like the search to replace Richard Seymour will continue well into 2012. The Jets, on the other hand, have gotten even better.

Jordan & Heyward, the 2 Cams.. GONE!

Both considered Seymour replacements. WE need a Seymour replacement!

Hello! Anybody at the wheel???

you're kidding......right?

This is silly. New Orleans picked at 24 and 28 and gave up its first-rounder next year, plus its only second-rounder tomorrow night. New England will pick at 17 and 33, gained an extra first-round pick for next year, and now has two more second-rounders on top of that. And New Orleans just "showed Belichick how it's done?"

Guaranteed, if the Patriots had just coughed up a 2012 first-rounder to draft Mark Ingram, this board would be howling at the moon in outrage.

yeah, because last year when we were killing belichick over the picks they also turned out horribly... (hernandez, gronkowski, mccourty)

yeah, because last year when we were killing belichick over the picks they also turned out horribly... (hernandez, gronkowski, mccourty)

You know why people are constantly throwing those picks out there....2 reasons.

1. Because 99.9% of those people on here were surprised they turned out so well.

2. They don't have too much else to hang their hat on from previous drafts. Mayo is a prolific tackler...a nice player....Meriweather....meh.

I love this team as much as anyone...but also think it's ok to lay off the kook aid now and then.

Solder was a nice pick. But I think we need to take advantage of Brady's shelf life and get some impact playmakers now. Yes I'm not an NFL GM...but I pretty confident that between pick 10 and 32....there was an impact defender available.

Funny that, Jordan going to a 4-3 team when hes a great 3-4 player, has he made them better, by how much? At RB they have Thomas and Ivory who they like alot, and maybe Reggie Bush is back.

Maybe we give the first the Saints gave us to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams.

Maybe we offer a 1st and 2nd for Vincent Jackson.

So many different routes still to play out.

Why bother collecting draft choices if you don't use them to fill GLARING needs of your team??
Like I said earlier, the New Orleans Saints showed Belichick how it's done and they'll be back in the SB long before we will.

Who would fill those glaring needs? This draft class didn't seem to strong to me, so taking the best player at whichever spot wouldnt solve our woes. might as well wait for the right player instead of taking the quick answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes