PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints rough road to hoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Looking at the playoff seedings it looks like the Saints (a 13-3 3rd seed) will likely need to beat Detroit, San Fransico and Green Bay to make it to the Super Bowl. The NFC playoffs are going to be fantastic.

IMO it's going to be the 49ers or Giants in the SB from the NFC the 49ers defense and running game is as good as it gets in the NFL and Eli Manning is playing great and there pass rush maybe the best in the NFL

IMO it's going to be the 49ers or Giants in the SB from the NFC the 49ers defense and running game is as good as it gets in the NFL and Eli Manning is playing great and there pass rush maybe the best in the NFL

The 49's offense just plain sucks. It really really sucks.

Neither one of those scenarios would surprise. The NFC playoffs has potential to be the best battle for a conference in NFL history. There will be some classic games. The only team's playoff fate I'm thinking right now about is the Pats. Good luck to the Saints! May the best team win each conference.

Hey who are you calling a hoe? :eek:;)

The NFC reminds me of the Giants/SF/Dallas playoff battles in the 80's/90's. Hope the games live up to my expectations

as long as they beat each other up bad :)....

not that the Pats path is a cake walk either.....

The 49's offense just plain sucks. It really really sucks.

The average 24ppg which is functional. Going up against a GB or NO defense helps them.

With that said, I believe that while they do not have anything close to the offensive firepower of NO and GB, with that defense and ability to force turnovers, they have a punchers chance.

Last edited:
Well the Saints outside of the Superdome is a different team. I saw them play the Titans few weeks ago, and they didn't look like the same team who were running up the score vs. the Falcons and Panthers. I picked them by default to get out of the NFC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the niners or packers get to Indy also. If they lose, its going to be under two scenarios: losing to the niners or losing a shootout to the Lions.

Last edited:
Well the Saints outside of the Superdome is a different team. I saw them play the Titans few weeks ago, and they didn't look like the same team who were running up the score vs. the Falcons and Panthers. I picked them by default to get out of the NFC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the niners or packers get to Indy also. If they lose, its going to be under two scenarios: losing to the niners or losing a shootout to the Lions. I said all season that I thought GB was going to lose in the divisional round.

At home the Saints averaged 41ppg and allowed 18

On the road they averaged 27ppg and allowed 25

They should get by the Lions but on the road vs SF will not be a cakewalk.

Last edited:
They'll probably get through Detroit in a shootout and the way they've been playing lately, I don't see how SF will be able to keep up with them.

They'll probably get through Detroit in a shootout and the way they've been playing lately, I don't see how SF will be able to keep up with them.

I've watched a few SF games this year. That defense is the truth. Having said that,the 49ers must have the perfect defensive gameplan to knock off Brees & that high octane offense. That would be one fun game to watch.

The Saints offense will fold like a deck of used cards in Green Bay, especially if the weather is bad (and it probably will be). You heard it here first.

Saints vs. 49ers will be a pure exhibition of offense vs. defense. It wouldn't shock me to see the 49ers in the Super Bowl. but, I have mixed feelings about that.

I'd rather see Patriots vs. Packers for all the marbles

The Saints offense will fold like a deck of used cards in Green Bay, especially if the weather is bad (and it probably will be). You heard it here first.

Brees did play @ Purdue. How ever the Saints are a dome team. We'll know that most dome teams are doomed in the elements. But the weather hasn't been too bad as of late. If there's no snow,I think the Saints can take out the Packers.

Honestly, although I picked the Saints, I would not be surprised. Seen it before with dome teams. If the weather is bad, forget about it. The only good thing they have going for them in that scenario is that they have a running game and the Packers don't. I doubt any team will be scoring 40+ points past the divisional round regardless. They remind me of Indy in which they put up huge numbers in the dome and then folded in the playoffs against good defenses outside.

Can't see them winning @ SF AND @ GB, I don't think the team is built for the January outdoors. They will beat Detroit though, Detroit REALLY blew it by not winning yesterday I think they could've taken NYG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down