PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints loss best thing for Pats !

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not that I hate the Saints, in fact they are my fav. Team in the NFC. But with their loss is our gain for BB's bulletin board. He will have our players aware even more that how a huge underdog can win on any given Sunday. Champions are out and their loss yesterday is just what our young players needed. Go Pats.

I think you can say the same about the colts/jets game. That's your play 60 minutes example. For the rest of us, yesterday was some very entertaining football. Hope today is as good.

Maybe the Jest are going to think differently now, especially since tubby wrecks said that manning out prepares Brady....

Thinking ahead, I'm happy that both the Saints and Indy are gone. The Saints offense spreads the ball around to the open guy, much like the Pats. Playing them in a domed Dallas SB would be a shootout. And Indy, even though they lost, Manning was amazing in his D recognition. We won't have to worry about that with Sanchez handing the ball off 35 times

I think the Saints would have been the toughest match-up out of the NFC if we make it to the Super Bowl, assuming they found a running game after getting hit with a lot of injuries there. Would have been one heck of a game, and I have a lot of respect for Payton as a coach as well, would have been a great game.

But I would love to see the Seahawks there for easy pickings. :D

I was thinking the same thing as the game ended yesterday afternoon, that now BB can tell his young team honestly that you can never overlook an opponent and never believe the hype. You have to come totally prepared and play the game the best way you possibly can in order to win.

I agree that was reemphasized in the late game too, when the Jets went into Lucas Oil Stadium and held Peyton Manning to 16 points. Who saw that coming?

I assume (hope like heck?) that the Jets' game plan won't work against the Pats. If they totally take Branch or Welker out of the game (as they did Reggie Wayne), Brady has too many other people to go to, and I think our running game is superior to the Colts. I am a little worried that the Jets got their running game going and kept Manning off the field for much of the 2nd half, but I am assuming that Brady will not go 3 and out on his first three possessions to start the game, so that they will have to rely on Sanchez more in the passing game. He was having trouble hitting the side of a barn for most of the night.

Not the Belichick wouldn't have had them prepared anyhow, but this is just a friendly "reminder" lest anyone forget. What a day of football. More of the same today, please!

Hey PatsDeb, than we were thinking alike as we watched yesterday. Though you mention the Colts-Jets game, some did give the Jets a chance v Colts, however nobody, just, nobody gave the Seahawks any chance, just like nobody will give the Jets against us. That's where BB will really give it to our players in ' not believing the hype '. As for the Jets running game, I woudnt worry too much. I think the Colts run D, is one of the worst . It won't be a blowout like last time, but God Willing we will host the AFC Champ. Game.

I was thinking the same thing as the game ended yesterday afternoon, that now BB can tell his young team honestly that you can never overlook an opponent and never believe the hype. You have to come totally prepared and play the game the best way you possibly can in order to win.

I agree that was reemphasized in the late game too, when the Jets went into Lucas Oil Stadium and held Peyton Manning to 16 points. Who saw that coming?

I assume (hope like heck?) that the Jets' game plan won't work against the Pats. If they totally take Branch or Welker out of the game (as they did Reggie Wayne), Brady has too many other people to go to, and I think our running game is superior to the Colts. I am a little worried that the Jets got their running game going and kept Manning off the field for much of the 2nd half, but I am assuming that Brady will not go 3 and out on his first three possessions to start the game, so that they will have to rely on Sanchez more in the passing game. He was having trouble hitting the side of a barn for most of the night.

I think Brady will have his way and the Pats should be able to put 30points on the board.
My fear is that the Jets running game looked very strong yesterday against a Colts team that really clamped down on the run over the 2nd half of the season (it was not like the 2006 run where they sucked until the playoffs and then played Defense out of their minds).

I think Brady will have his way and the Pats should be able to put 30points on the board.
My fear is that the Jets running game looked very strong yesterday against a Colts team that really clamped down on the run over the 2nd half of the season (it was not like the 2006 run where they sucked until the playoffs and then played Defense out of their minds).

That's why we need to get up by a couple of scores, so that Sanchez has to make some plays to win. I thought the Colts really lost the game in the 1st half, when the Jets couldn't get anything going on offense, and the Colts sputtered away a chance to be up big at halftime. That allowed the Jets to switch up their game plan at half-time, go to the run and wear out the Colts D. The game was tied in short order and then went back and forth from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back