PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints fans are taking this game WAY too seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
All female Saints fans should lift their shirt after every score Monday night. :ugh: who would I root for then?

Yeah, I second the 101-98 Patriots win comment following this. But how bout 80% of Saints points come on field goals?

To be the best, you have to beat the best....problem is, the Pats aren't the best...:confused:

To be the best, you have to beat the best....problem is, the Pats aren't the best...:confused:

The Patriots are pretty good. They lost the three games by a combined 11 points. I am not saying they are better than the Saints, but they are a lot more evenly matched than most Saints fans will admit. Its going to be a close game and I think the Pats will pull it out.

The Patriots are pretty good. They lost the three games by a combined 11 points. I am not saying they are better than the Saints, but they are a lot more evenly matched than most Saints fans will admit. Its going to be a close game and I think the Pats will pull it out.

I also think they're very good, and expect a hell of a fight. Just the battle against the legacy that the Patriots carry with them alone is intriguing. And yes Saints fans are like a thirsty man in the Sahara when it comes to winning championships. We want multiple Lombardi trophies too....no kidding.

You should probably want/get and enjoy the FIRST one before you start talking about multiple Championships.

The Saints are not getting much national betting respect againts the Pats. The betting line opened at NO -3 and on Friday night its moved to -1.

This is why the BEST bet is to NOT to bet on ANYONE - I mean in gambling, you just do NOT win. Those Vegas guys are corrupt, but they're not stupid. The way this line spread is moving, alot of people betting on this game are going to get mauled.

I can't speak for every Saints Fan, but here's my take:

Yes, we are VERY excited about Monday's game. Put it in context; in the history of this franchise, we have never gone to the SB, have rarely even gone to the playoffs, let alone win,we have never been 10-0 before, and we are hoping to extend that streak by playing on Monday night against the one team that we most want to be like! Somewhere during the early years of Pats success, you had those moments as well. So don't hate on us because of our excitement.

Also in the history of this franchise, even our best teams were incomplete and fell short. Big time D, no O. Big time O no D. Playing soft, no discipline, undercoached. We've seen it all enough to know that this team is DIFFERENT!

I understand why our fans feel disrespected because of the "East Coast Bias". Despite going undefeated, they feel the national media (don't EVEN say ESPN down here) continually puts this Saints team down. They point out that we've had an easy schedule,(but the Pats or the Vikings haven't?) or that we've gotten by against weak opponents, or that we simply haven't played consistently, esp the last 4-5 weeks. Many of our fans feel if we lose against the Pats, the media will call us overrated at 10-1. If we win, it wont be because we were the better team, but that maybe the Pats had injuries, or the wind in the Superdome gave em problems.

Who knows.

For me, I want us to have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Vikings are only one game behind us, and the Patriots stand before us.

Thats why I wanna win Monday night. Not for some record, or because its the Pats. I just wanna beat the next team we face to keep homefield advantage. Im looking at the bigger picture. I think this Saints team is that good, and come playoff time, you take any advantage you can get......

Right, Pats fans?

I can't speak for every Saints Fan, but here's my take:

Yes, we are VERY excited about Monday's game. Put it in context; in the history of this franchise, we have never gone to the SB, have rarely even gone to the playoffs, let alone win,we have never been 10-0 before, and we are hoping to extend that streak by playing on Monday night against the one team that we most want to be like! Somewhere during the early years of Pats success, you had those moments as well. So don't hate on us because of our excitement.

Also in the history of this franchise, even our best teams were incomplete and fell short. Big time D, no O. Big time O no D. Playing soft, no discipline, undercoached. We've seen it all enough to know that this team is DIFFERENT!

I understand why our fans feel disrespected because of the "East Coast Bias". Despite going undefeated, they feel the national media (don't EVEN say ESPN down here) continually puts this Saints team down. They point out that we've had an easy schedule,(but the Pats or the Vikings haven't?) or that we've gotten by against weak opponents, or that we simply haven't played consistently, esp the last 4-5 weeks. Many of our fans feel if we lose against the Pats, the media will call us overrated at 10-1. If we win, it wont be because we were the better team, but that maybe the Pats had injuries, or the wind in the Superdome gave em problems.

Who knows.

For me, I want us to have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Vikings are only one game behind us, and the Patriots stand before us.

Thats why I wanna win Monday night. Not for some record, or because its the Pats. I just wanna beat the next team we face to keep homefield advantage. Im looking at the bigger picture. I think this Saints team is that good, and come playoff time, you take any advantage you can get......

Right, Pats fans?

You said it better than I ever could...the NE bias and disrespect, etc.

AINTS REVENGE!!!!:cool:

All 32 fanbases are convinced the media hates them.

While I do agree with Raysez that certain teams don't get as much love from the media than they deserve, if you are trying to imply that BSPN loves the Pats then you must have been in a coma in 2007.

Anyways, back to Raysez: ignore the media. What do you want, to win games, to win a championship? Or for your team to get talked about all the time like the Cowboys and Redskins?

I would like to know how the Patriots and Vikings have had an easy schedule thus far...

The only team the Saints have played that has a winning record is the Eagles, and they played them when McNabb was out....

Saints are a good team, but people need to stop getting ahead of themselves here.

Give me a break.

Man, going into this season, I was/am hoping for a Superbowl championship. Didn't know I would be fortunate to have watched the Pats play in 2 before week 13!!!!

So with a response like like you wonder why another team dont give you the respect or just lay down to your team superiorty and conside the game before it starts .

first off we ARE ALL JUST FANS we all have bandwagoners but if you look at the sight up dates and all there post they respect you dang team whats not to respect but you still dont have 6 SB wins like the steelers so dont lift your team into suberbowl gods either.
All dynasties dies its a giving fact in football and another is born can you honestly begrugde the bandwagoners there moment but then agian bundle all fans into one nice package. that is the most aragant thing i think you as fans can ever do you expect a SB win every yr despite the other teams.

AS a saints fan i understand the ups and downs of the whole thing but if you want to talk all your smack about respect all i have to say is look at the history of the nfl. you think that manning was lucky a couple of weeks ago or whatever the reason but plan and simple it the football god's spreading it around so now it seem indy owns you in turn and who knows we might be your new indy if your lucky that means you guys are still going to the SB

So with a response like like you wonder why another team dont give you the respect or just lay down to your team superiorty and conside the game before it starts .

first off we ARE ALL JUST FANS we all have bandwagoners but if you look at the sight up dates and all there post they respect you dang team whats not to respect but you still dont have 6 SB wins like the steelers so dont lift your team into suberbowl gods either.
All dynasties dies its a giving fact in football and another is born can you honestly begrugde the bandwagoners there moment but then agian bundle all fans into one nice package. that is the most aragant thing i think you as fans can ever do you expect a SB win every yr despite the other teams.

AS a saints fan i understand the ups and downs of the whole thing but if you want to talk all your smack about respect all i have to say is look at the history of the nfl. you think that manning was lucky a couple of weeks ago or whatever the reason but plan and simple it the football god's spreading it around so now it seem indy owns you in turn and who knows we might be your new indy if your lucky that means you guys are still going to the SB
If you took a little time to pull your head out of the 10-0 cloud, you would have realised that it was a Saints fan professing the possible beginning of a Saints dynasty.. in week 12 of the regular season. If you can't see the stupidity in that, given the fact that the Patriots had won 3 Superbowls this decade and are 18 months removed from 16-0, then clearly you should shoosh.

Last edited:

There is no New England bias and disrespect here. Not unless you guys keep coming up with short trolling comments.

The fact is that this game is huge for both teams.

You have to admit that this game is a litmus test of just how good the Saints are this year.
Similarly its a Litmus test for the Patriots because to this point we haven't beaten a Championship contender.
Going to the Superdome is becoming not a nice thing for other teams just like coming to Foxboro is something that most teams would rather avoid.

The Saints are legit, there is no doubt about that. They have probably the best WR committee in the League, you don't have guys of the standard of Welker and Moss but the depth in your WR corp is amazing.

As a Patriots fan for many, many years I sat through seasons where we were no hopers, then seen the change of ownership and all that has happened since then.
You guys were .500 last season, you are now on a huge run. It could well be the start of a dynasty but you have to win something before that can even be talked about. What is clear is that Drew Brees has been a revelation since he joined the Saints, he just has to prove himself under the pressure of the playoffs, you have Reggie Bush who imo is just an outstanding footballer. Your defense has come in leaps and bounds this season. The questions that have to be answered lie ahead in January and February if you make the big game. The one thing thats certain is that you have in place a head coach who is doing a great job and is quite possibly the second best head coach in the NFL today. You need to hold onto him.

The Patriots want to win this game just as badly though as the Saints, we let it slip against the Colts and this is our last chance this season to make a statement to the rest of the NFL that we are improving and the players need this so that they can believe that this is their year.

We have to stop the run to beat you, you have to stop Welker and Moss to beat us. Its going to be a great game and it will be high scoring and at the end of it all it will come down to turnovers and I don't see to many of them in this game but they will decide the outcome.

All 32 fanbases are convinced the media hates them.

While I do agree with Raysez that certain teams don't get as much love from the media than they deserve, if you are trying to imply that BSPN loves the Pats then you must have been in a coma in 2007.

Anyways, back to Raysez: ignore the media. What do you want, to win games, to win a championship? Or for your team to get talked about all the time like the Cowboys and Redskins?

For the most part, I've ignored the national media. Like I said, I just want us to beat the next team we play, whether its the Pats or Little Sisters Of The Poor (No disrespect, Im Catholic, besides, you should see the nuns down here on gameday! Nothin nice! LOL!)

I just wanted you folks to understand us a lil more. I gotta tell you, this media bias thing down here is more than just the Saints. See, there's this college football team, LSU, that has a much longer hardcore following than the Saints. And they've also felt over the last FIVE years, LSU was getting bashed around by the Big 10/Pac 10 lovers on ABC/ESPN. So during that time, if LSU or any SEC team (Florida) was playing for the national championship, they were behind the SEC over the "overrated" Big 10 or Pac 10 fav, USC!

Needless to say, many down here are more than a little sensitive when it comes to national media coverage. But even I have to wonder about their reporting. Even I have to question if these people have ever really watched us play. Dam, at least look up some our stats before getting on camera saying we have a "suspect" run game.

Y'all be good!

Peace!

I would like to know how the Patriots and Vikings have had an easy schedule thus far...

The only team the Saints have played that has a winning record is the Eagles, and they played them when McNabb was out....
Saints are a good team, but people need to stop getting ahead of themselves here.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!

If you took a little time to pull your head out of the 10-0 cloud,
you would have realised that it was a Saints fan professing the possible beginning of a Saints dynasty.. in week 12 of the regular season. If you can't see the stupidity in that, given the fact that the Patriots had won 3 Superbowls this decade and are 18 months removed from 16-0, then clearly you should shoosh.

granted if it was i saints fan im sorry for the statment , but as you have so ekliquantly pointed out your head is stuck up you 3 SB wins so deep you dont have an origanam thought anymore all you see is disrespect. Thats not what im saying infact all im saying is im hope you're team breaks the mold of 3 SB win's and your dynasty as you feel so bloated xhest about comes to a end sure you have one of the greatest QB'S to ever play the game but he will never be a JOE MONTANA and regarless of what you say about stat's this or that your qb will never be as good as brett farve or peyton manning it a part of football. I may not like your team for my own reasons but i would be stupid not to relize you have a elite team with a great qb.

But in this league it takes more than then the fans having there chest pumped out to make a great team yes the saints have to prove themself's as all teams in the past have look at the steelers your team cant boast 6 lombarde trophy's can it so stop trying to make it sound like the pat's are the second coming they are and will remian a part of the NFL as a whole same as the saints .

That being said dont begrudge fans the right to boast about there team becouse they have a great QB that they feel can win it all for them and on the verge of being an elite QB you hang all your talk on the arm of BRADY he is great but he may never win another SB or he may win 5 more nobody knows but at the end of the day as fans we are all HOMERS.

Your team is the team to be right know or not depending on how you look at it. We as saints fans have alot of pride in our team just for the fact they are from are region not becouse they have your god almighty 3 SB WINS SF has 4 or 5 of them where are they now so dont act all self rightcouse about those SB wins they end as fast as they start is all i was saying. gramted your team ATM has set the bench mark for a team but you are not the best team in history right now that belongs to the steelers. If you want to place it all on SB and last time i looked the PAT'S are not in second place in that catigory so if a saints fan wants to eat allitle cheesy or drink the kool-aid just over look it im sure many a Pat's fan did the same thing yr's ago and don't get any elusions becouse you are the benchmark today that you will be tomorrow NFL history show's that dont happen wish you personal all the luck with on the SB you have at your home personaly. OOPS i forgot its a team ring sport not a fan ring sport. so plz next time you try to pull SB win's out of your well lets just say the top of your head and we know where it is not much sunshine there but the veiw must be great. just study your nfl history some.

And i do apologize to most poster on this board no disrespect toward your teamand not wanting to be a troll or think my team is unbeatable it could very well happen monday night night but as a fan i am praying it dont all i can wish for is a injury free game for sure and a blow out for my team as a wish on a falling falling star but either way im sure it will be won on the field by the best team ATM.

All i can say for sure is that your team has a great legacy for this moment in time and all i can wish for is the same for my team.

granted if it was i saints fan im sorry for the statment , but as you have so ekliquantly pointed out your head is stuck up you 3 SB wins so deep you dont have an origanam thought anymore all you see is disrespect. Thats not what im saying infact all im saying is im hope you're team breaks the mold of 3 SB win's and your dynasty as you feel so bloated xhest about comes to a end sure you have one of the greatest QB'S to ever play the game but he will never be a JOE MONTANA and regarless of what you say about stat's this or that your qb will never be as good as brett farve or peyton manning it a part of football. I may not like your team for my own reasons but i would be stupid not to relize you have a elite team with a great qb.

But in this league it takes more than then the fans having there chest pumped out to make a great team yes the saints have to prove themself's as all teams in the past have look at the steelers your team cant boast 6 lombarde trophy's can it so stop trying to make it sound like the pat's are the second coming they are and will remian a part of the NFL as a whole same as the saints .

That being said dont begrudge fans the right to boast about there team becouse they have a great QB that they feel can win it all for them and on the verge of being an elite QB you hang all your talk on the arm of BRADY he is great but he may never win another SB or he may win 5 more nobody knows but at the end of the day as fans we are all HOMERS.

Your team is the team to be right know or not depending on how you look at it. We as saints fans have alot of pride in our team just for the fact they are from are region not becouse they have your god almighty 3 SB WINS SF has 4 or 5 of them where are they now so dont act all self rightcouse about those SB wins they end as fast as they start is all i was saying. gramted your team ATM has set the bench mark for a team but you are not the best team in history right now that belongs to the steelers. If you want to place it all on SB and last time i looked the PAT'S are not in second place in that catigory so if a saints fan wants to eat allitle cheesy or drink the kool-aid just over look it im sure many a Pat's fan did the same thing yr's ago and don't get any elusions becouse you are the benchmark today that you will be tomorrow NFL history show's that dont happen wish you personal all the luck with on the SB you have at your home personaly. OOPS i forgot its a team ring sport not a fan ring sport. so plz next time you try to pull SB win's out of your well lets just say the top of your head and we know where it is not much sunshine there but the veiw must be great. just study your nfl history some.

And i do apologize to most poster on this board no disrespect toward your teamand not wanting to be a troll or think my team is unbeatable it could very well happen monday night night but as a fan i am praying it dont all i can wish for is a injury free game for sure and a blow out for my team as a wish on a falling falling star but either way im sure it will be won on the field by the best team ATM.

All i can say for sure is that your team has a great legacy for this moment in time and all i can wish for is the same for my team.

Absolutely ms.saintsfan. Having a team to support and talk about is a wonderful thing, but when a fellow supporter of yours comes in stinkin' about the joint with provocative comment towards a team and a fanbase who have experienced unparalleled success in the past decade, a perennial Superbowl contender and a team with equal right to win a 50/50 match up on the coming Monday night football contest, you'd want to have facts in order and a valid point of view, otherwise you'll get eaten up.

You can *****, moan, whinge, complain, justify anything and everything all you want, but the reality is the Saints have achieved absolutely nothing yet apart from a very good home and away record, of which you've never been in a position to experience before, with arguably the best team in football right now. That must be a new and wonderful sensation/feeling for Saints fans. For the Patriots more recently, that's nothing new, that's what is expected. We're a spoilt fanbase and we know it.

Now the Steelers, well if you want to talk about living on past glories they did win 4 Superbowls 3 decades ago and 2 this millennia. The Patriots have three Superbowls this decade, so forgive me for thinking we are the big boys on the block in the modern era. Every week, teams play some sort of marquee match against the Patriots. Do you know why? Perhaps it is that we are the best franchise in football and people enjoy the challenge of playing the Tom Brady lead Patriots. 11-5 without your starting QB for the entire season and a QB who hadn't started since college. Yeah.. the Pats must be doing something right.

One final point, why are the Saints working themselves up so much at playing the Patriots? Because it is a litmus test for the Saints and vindication that you are for real. Why are the Patriots working themselves up? Because the Saints are a very good side and we need a marquee road win this season.

Which ever way it falls, as a fan of football I hope it's a great contest. That's all we can ask as homers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back