PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints fans are taking this game WAY too seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I ask for a cookie?

The statement was made that the Saints have never fielded a "good" team. If you go 10-6 and come one game from the Superbowl I would classify that team as pretty damn good. You can sit there and break down the Bears, Colts, and NFC all you want but that Saints team was good. Just not good enough to get to the big game.

Actually, that team wasn't very good at all. It only beat 2 teams with a winning record all season. The '91 and '92 teams with Hebert under center were much better clubs.

Having said that, I'd imagine that "never" was exaggeration. You know, like you calling that 2006 team "good".

Actually, that team wasn't very good at all. It only beat 2 teams with a winning record all season. The '91 and '92 teams with Hebert under center were much better clubs.

Having said that, I'd imagine that "never" was exaggeration. You know, like you calling that 2006 team "good".

Nope, I wasn't exaggerating at all. Nice try though.

The '91 and '92 teams with Hebert under center were much better clubs.

I was going to mention the early 90's as the exception. PLUS, that 2006 Saints team lost to team that got handled in the SB.

Come on, cut them some slack. For the most part, the Saints franchise in their history has been full of futility, with a few bright spots mixed in like 2006, 2000, and a couple of the Mora Sr years.

Rarely have they had a game like this of a high magnitude - honestly, I kinda still wish I was living there so I could be around it just this week.

The atmosphere has been crazy this week man. I'll just leave it at that.

Nope, I wasn't exaggerating at all. Nice try though.

Obviously we disagree. That 2006 team was not a very good team. It was an average team with a favorable schedule.

Lets just get it straight that IF you guys do win, that doesn't magically make Brees a better QB than Brady.

I was going to mention the early 90's as the exception. PLUS, that 2006 Saints team lost to team that got handled in the SB.

Yes, the Saints teams were fun to watch in the early 90's. The linebacker play was excellent.

FWIW - I moved back to Cowboy land a year after the storm hit(North Texas), and I've seen quite a few Saints fans here.

You know how I know they're from New Orleans? It's obvious - while Cowboy fans are all over the country, you're not going to find many Saints fans outside of New Orleans and Baton Rouge. No, not trying to knock Saints fans at all, but I was joking about this with a Katrina refugee I met at the mall recently.

Yes, the Saints teams were fun to watch in the early 90's. The linebacker play was excellent.

Defense was outstanding - Steve Sidwell was our DC - wasn't he Pete Carroll's DC in the late 90's?

What buried us during the Mora Sr years was Carl Smith being the OC - Smith is arguably the worst playcaller in the history of the league. I mean teams KNEW what plays he was going to call before they even lined up.

Defense was outstanding - Steve Sidwell was our DC - wasn't he Pete Carroll's DC in the late 90's?

What buried us during the Mora Sr years was Carl Smith being the OC - Smith is arguably the worst playcaller in the history of the league. I mean teams KNEW what plays he was going to call before they even lined up.

Well, to be complete, it should also be noted that they were in the same division as the 49ers at the time, and that has a lot to do with the Hebert years being more easily overlooked than they might deserve to be.

Last edited:
Saints fans are taking the game serious because it could go a long way in proving legitimacy. We all knew a half azz D to go with this juggernaut O could bring us to the promised land....just a matter of time, lol.:cool:

Did I ask for a cookie?

The statement was made that the Saints have never fielded a "good" team. If you go 10-6 and come one game from the Superbowl I would classify that team as pretty damn good. You can sit there and break down the Bears, Colts, and NFC all you want but that Saints team was good. Just not good enough to get to the big game.

Who said they have never fielded a good team?
Don't mind the odd post either, take the general consensus of whats been said and reply to that. Most of the guys on here are very honest and they will have an intelligent conversation with you if you remain respectful. If you go ranting about something you will lose that respect quickly as the trolls and idiots will jump all over your post and then you respond annoyed and it all goes off.;)

You know, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that was made up for comic effect. Nice try though.

Not so fast...you KNOW this game means MORE to the PATRIOTS than the Saints... you NEED this win to say above Miami..MImai is on your butt. The Saints would "benefit" from this win, morally...Kep the PATS in check, that the 2007 Pats are done and over...bye bye...that's all. Chargers Colts, Bengals an Broncos all stand in the way of the Patriots to go deep in the playoffs...No one stands in the way of the Saints......No one.

:singing::singing::singing:

Not so fast...you KNOW this game means MORE to the PATRIOTS than the Saints... you NEED this win to say above Miami..MImai is on your butt. The Saints would "benefit" from this win, morally...Kep the PATS in check, that the 2007 Pats are done and over...bye bye...that's all. Chargers Colts, Bengals an Broncos all stand in the way of the Patriots to go deep in the playoffs...No one stands in the way of the Saints......No one.

Yeah, you're right. It is more important to the Pats than the Saints. You're still mistaken if you believe ANYTHING in what was obviously a joke filled pick-em session. Have you ever read the Herald before?

Yes standings wise it is more important to the Pats than the Saints which has nothing to do with this thread and if anything furthers my initial point.

This is a huge game for the Saints so its understandable that they are going nuts down there. They've been cruising along all season and now they are facing a legitimate contender. Actually, they already beat the NYG and I imagine that probably sent the region into a tizzy.

Its big for us too but we've already done big games so it doesn't feel quite so big. I really hope this defense plays a complete game this week. That'll do wonders for my confidence in the team in general going forward.

This is a very big game for the saints, it shows the world if they are a elite team. I think there defense with greg ellis on the end and charles woodson is at saftey is going to give brady problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes