PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints fans are taking this game WAY too seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. and I thought no one would have a site like gangreen

Much less pick a name that makes you think of gangrene (decomposing body tissue).

They think its fishy Brady had 50 TD's in 07 when he only had at most 28 in previous seasons...saying its easy to do when you know how the defense will react.(Implying cheating)

ugh. and I thought no one would have a site like gangreen

You're like the dude for no reason stalking them, trying to get us riled up. who cares what some 14 year old said about their soon to be dynasty? I don't think Saints fans are acting ridiculous. Folks, someone else already said it but put it into perspective. This team here hasn't won more than 10 games since well..I don't even friggin know to tell you the truth.

Ofcourse they're going wild, they just equaled their win total THIS season. Any fanbase acts the same when they start winning. Every fan base has douche bags, ever fan base even has some intelligent people. I hate when fans try to act like they're above each other..It's just a personal pet peeve.

*However, a Jets fan, or any New York fan for that matter is probably a douche bag, just throwing that out there :D

Much less pick a name that makes you think of gangrene (decomposing body tissue).
Try the chargers site, i passed by it after we lost to indy they we're saying that our "little run" was over. Other than rats fans they are the biggest bunch of obnoxious losers going. Our little ten year run. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You'd think it was the Super Bowl combined with Mardi Gras around here the way they're taking about this game. It's ridiculous. I understand they've never had a great team but this is just insanity.

Well, It would be our 2nd or 3rd Super Bowl this season - Everytime we play another team it's like a Play-Off game to the other team and their fans

I miss flying under the radar, however - I hate to lose more.

You're like the dude for no reason stalking them, trying to get us riled up. who cares what some 14 year old said about their soon to be dynasty? I don't think Saints fans are acting ridiculous. Folks, someone else already said it but put it into perspective. This team here hasn't won more than 10 games since well..I don't even friggin know to tell you the truth.

Ofcourse they're going wild, they just equaled their win total THIS season. Any fanbase acts the same when they start winning. Every fan base has douche bags, ever fan base even has some intelligent people. I hate when fans try to act like they're above each other..It's just a personal pet peeve.

*However, a Jets fan, or any New York fan for that matter is probably a douche bag, just throwing that out there :D

Yeah I guess I "stalk" the opponents board every week. Out of the ones I've seen, Saints board is #2 in stupidity

I laughed hard, way to ruin your whole point:D but I sooooooo understand.:D

Last edited:
how much can you blame them though?

they finally have a good team after more than a decade? they can support that team now w/o strings....their team is getting respect

and theyre playing the measuring stick of the NFL for the last decade....

they are excited

after their giants win, i was at a bar, and one saints fan passed me and said "get ready for nov. ##"

i was thinking whats on that date? and then i connected the dots...the guy was talking about the 11th game of the season at week 4???

let them have their fun, i suspect and hope they wont be smiling after they play a real team

I was more pumped for the Colts game---at this point I'm pretty exhausted from all the Pats media coverage. I thought since we have a few losses under our belt, the media would let us drift a bit under the radar and the mediots would find another team to latch onto. I was wrong. The media can never leave us under the radar, can they? We are a 7-3 team trying to get a no. 2 seed, and ESPN is hyping this Pats team as if the 1989 49ers are going into the Super Dome to ruin the Saints dreams of a perfect season. Honestly there are so many teams that should be deserving more attention than they are getting--these teams include the Chargers, Vikings, and Jags(yes they are 6-4...! talk about how this is possible!)

I love the Pats but I miss the pre 2007 days where every game was a 1pm game and no one ever talked about our team in the media.

Last edited:
i was down there for three weeks recently (got back home a week ago) and even went to a Saints game the first monday night i was there against the Falcons. the people there are full of energy and were very loud at that stadium. I can understand them taking the game seriuously. they're really getting a thrill out of it.

btw, we went to the game decked out in Patriots paraphernalia. we were greeted...warmly...:D. When i talked to fans down there (albeit casual fans), they were generally amiable and had nice things to say about the Pats.

Cause that's the way we do things down here. We have respect for other teams and their fans. :)

Oh yea, and why are Pats fans saying we've never had a good team???

Are people just forgetting about us being 1 game away from the Superbowl in 2006?

I think this should put an end to all the snarky comments about how the Saints fans view this game.
Come on people. Give these folks a break and be happy we have a team that gets people excited and nervous and all confused.
Were going to have more, but we have certainly had our share of the spotlight.

Yeah their fans have always seemed decent to me. Don't judge them based on a couple of sad homers on an internet forum. You might even find if you look through that site that most if not all of that rubbish is coming from 4 or 5 individuals.

I can understand them being hugely excited by this game, they are still unbeaten and when you look at their schedule its by far and away the toughest test remaining.

This team has never had a huge regular season in the past that I can remember, I'd say a 10 win season is probably as good as they have been in the last 20-25 years anyways. Let them have their moment, I don't begrudge them anything.

Thanks for showing some intelligence guys. We're a passionate fanbase and Saintsreport is one of the best message boards on the web.

I wish the Pats fanbase was as passionate as the Saints fanbase.

I was down in N.O. last spring for Jazz Fest...Great city with friendly people. I like the Saint's and if the Pats don't make it to the SB i'll be rooting for N.O. I'm not going to let a couple of posters ruin my impression of the town and the team

Last edited:
I dont think I've seen one poster on their board that is predicting they put up less than 35 on us. While they are capable of doing so, they are ALL assuming it will happen. They're also going on and on about crowd noise as if we don't play in Indy all the time. They are too over confident for that franchise.

1.) What makes you think we won't put up 35 pts on you guys?? With the offensive-sided rules the NFL has in place, two teams like the Saints and Pats are capable of putting up 35 pts on each other easy. I don't understand why you're feeling all disrespected.

2.) Lucas Oil Stadium and the RCA dome is NOTHING like the Superdome in terms of crowd noise and the immersion of the fans at that stadium. Just being honest....

3.) "They are too over confident for that franchise."
I never understood the reasoning behind statements like this. So just because the Saints fielded bad teams 25-30 years ago we can't be confident about this years team that's 10-0?

Last edited:
I was down in N.O. last spring for Jazz Fest...Great city with friendly people. I like the Saint's and if the Pats don't make it to the SB i'll be rooting for N.O. I'm not going to let a couple of posters ruin my immpression of the town and the team

You should come back. We'd love to have ya. :woot:

1.) What makes you think we won't put up 35 pts on you guys?? With the offensive-sided rules the NFL has in place, two teams like the Saints and Pats are capable of putting up 35 pts on each other easy. I don't understand why you're feeling all disrespected.

2.) Lucas Oil Stadium and the RCA dome is NOTHING like the Superdome in terms of crowd noise and the immersion of the fans at that stadium. Just being honest....

3.) "They are too over confident for that franchise."
I never understood the reasoning behind statements like this. So just because the Saints fielded bad teams 25-30 years ago we can't be confident about this years team that's 10-0?

1) I said in the post the Saints are capable of doing it, it's the fact that everyone expects it that I take issue with, it shows pretty much zero respect for our defense.

2) I've been to a million games at the Superdome, I know it's loud, but so is Indy, I mean hell we accused them of piping in crowd noise

3) That was just a friendly jab :D

I like the Saints, I live in New Orleans, my post was fueled mostly by the barrage of smart ass comments I've gotten from the locals this week.

Oh yea, and why are Pats fans saying we've never had a good team???

Are people just forgetting about us being 1 game away from the Superbowl in 2006?

They were 10-6, beat a 10-6 Eagles team in the Division game, and then got waxed by a Bears team that didn't have an offense. That same Bears team, with Grossman at the helm, then proceeded to get pasted by the Colts in the Super Bowl.

The Saints played in the NFC, which only had one team (Bears) with more than 10 wins, and had 7 teams with losing records.

You figure they deserve a cookie, or something?

They were 10-6, beat a 10-6 Eagles team in the Division game, and then got waxed by a Bears team that didn't have an offense. That same Bears team, with Grossman at the helm, then proceeded to get pasted by the Colts in the Super Bowl.

The Saints played in the NFC, which only had one team (Bears) with more than 10 wins, and had 7 teams with losing records.

You figure they deserve a cookie, or something?

Did I ask for a cookie?

The statement was made that the Saints have never fielded a "good" team. If you go 10-6 and come one game from the Superbowl I would classify that team as pretty damn good. You can sit there and break down the Bears, Colts, and NFC all you want but that Saints team was good. Just not good enough to get to the big game.

Last edited:
You'd think it was the Super Bowl combined with Mardi Gras around here the way they're taking about this game. It's ridiculous. I understand they've never had a great team but this is just insanity.

Come on, cut them some slack. For the most part, the Saints franchise in their history has been full of futility, with a few bright spots mixed in like 2006, 2000, and a couple of the Mora Sr years.

Rarely have they had a game like this of a high magnitude - honestly, I kinda still wish I was living there so I could be around it just this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back